View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 02:54 AM
JMO but dog doo is violent, far worse than horse poo, many small organic/ fresh farms shop type ideas, get horse/cow poo and fill up a barrel to about a quater full, then fill the rest up with water,,,,, they then use the water on tomatoes,,,,, yummy that vine ripend cow s**t'end taste.
cant beat it, far better for growing toms than all that chemical P**h
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post

Ya well my poop comes out with flowers on - beat that!

I know I'm a twit but that made me lol - I have toilet humor - no pun intended

:smt044 :smt044 well my botty burps smell like angels breath :smt044 :smt044
beat that :smt019
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
:smt044 :smt044 well my botty burps smell like angels breath :smt044 :smt044
beat that :smt019
I obviously never have botty burps...veggies are reknowned for having silent bottoms....
(Ye right!!!! )
My poos of course smell of summer meadows and sweet vegetables.... :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt047

Shona I do know what you are saying and do agree that horse poo and dog poo are different...I can't believe that we are having this chat in an anti dog thread!!!!

I think the point I was haphazardly trying to make was a poo is a poo when you stand in it..
Having said that...it is, I admit, a lot harder to step in horse poo because you haven't noticed it, rather than dog poo...unless you own Great Danes of course!!!!

Shona...never meant to upset you, again, apologies if I did! :smt001
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I obviously never have botty burps...veggies are reknowned for having silent bottoms....
(Ye right!!!! )
My poos of course smell of summer meadows and sweet vegetables.... :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt047

Shona I do know what you are saying and do agree that horse poo and dog poo are different...I can't believe that we are having this chat in an anti dog thread!!!!

I think the point I was haphazardly trying to make was a poo is a poo when you stand in it..
Having said that...it is, I admit, a lot harder to step in horse poo because you haven't noticed it, rather than dog poo...unless you own Great Danes of course!!!!

Shona...never meant to upset you, again, apologies if I did! :smt001

Tiz cool, I should not have taken it to heart,
Guess its more to do with the yuppys that have a go,
It does get you down though when they move hear from the city, and want the open country view, the cheek of it is aswell,. when there city palls visit, they dawn the wellies like true country bumpkins and stroll up the farm road with friends city kids in tow, large bag of whatever to shove down animals necks, and coo at the lambs, calves and foals, but as soon as said friends are gone there back to anit- farm animal rubbish,,,, We are polite when they are sticking steak pie in front of the horses and it happend to my horse, who btw bloody had eaten most of it before I had arrived to take him in, lucky no colic,,,,, or worse, we explain very nicely that horses can have a bit of this or that but like yourself aint meat eaters and that meat can kill them a worst, and at best cost a few hundred quid in vet bills, we show them how to feed them without loosing a finger or two, even let the city kids have a little seat on the horse, but still the same said people turn and have a go, we lost a tup last year poor thing he was so friendly his name was Rupert and he would come like a race horse down the field if you called him, he would eat anything, and someone fed him somit, cant remember what exactly, sadly the vet couldnt save him and he died, he was such a character as well. so we do tolerate alot coming our way and only expect a little tiny bit in return,,,,
No hard feelings, I just get hummpy as for years people assume oh you have horses so your a bit of a verity, must be loaded and the like, truth is there are some right lordy of the mannor horse folk who do cause problems in the village's round about but some of us are hard working decent folk that aint loaded, lol,
x shona x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Tiz cool, I should not have taken it to heart,
Guess its more to do with the yuppys that have a go,
It does get you down though when they move hear from the city, and want the open country view, the cheek of it is aswell,. when there city palls visit, they dawn the wellies like true country bumpkins and stroll up the farm road with friends city kids in tow, large bag of whatever to shove down animals necks, and coo at the lambs, calves and foals, but as soon as said friends are gone there back to anit- farm animal rubbish,,,, We are polite when they are sticking steak pie in front of the horses and it happend to my horse, who btw bloody had eaten most of it before I had arrived to take him in, lucky no colic,,,,, or worse, we explain very nicely that horses can have a bit of this or that but like yourself aint meat eaters and that meat can kill them a worst, and at best cost a few hundred quid in vet bills, we show them how to feed them without loosing a finger or two, even let the city kids have a little seat on the horse, but still the same said people turn and have a go, we lost a tup last year poor thing he was so friendly his name was Rupert and he would come like a race horse down the field if you called him, he would eat anything, and someone fed him somit, cant remember what exactly, sadly the vet couldnt save him and he died, he was such a character as well. so we do tolerate alot coming our way and only expect a little tiny bit in return,,,,
No hard feelings, I just get hummpy as for years people assume oh you have horses so your a bit of a verity, must be loaded and the like, truth is there are some right lordy of the mannor horse folk who do cause problems in the village's round about but some of us are hard working decent folk that aint loaded, lol,
x shona x
I certainly ain't a yuppy in the country ...I am someone who is fed up of 2 dogs that keep sh*****g around the neighbourhood when they are let free to roam and the local cats who seem to enjoy winding my mutts up by sh*****g in our garden... Poo is the issue of the day round here, which is why I reacted as I did... and it is obviously a thing round your way, I understand the townies out in the country thing must be infuriating, especially when they are inconsiderate yuppies who should have more sense. :smt002

We are both annoyed about other people being inconsiderate and that's fuelled our responses...I think if we had approached it all from a different angle, we would have been agreeing rather than disagreeing. :smt002 :smt001

apologies again!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2007, 11:51 PM
I know what you mean, the dog along the road used to come and do the toilet in my garden every night, she would let it out about 11.30 at night and just leave it to do as it pleased for about 30 min, the dog was very old and had a terrible limp, the roads are dark and she could not have got over quick enough if a car had came round when she was crossing, I dont know how the dog never got killed, as we work late hours the drive gates are open untill late on, this dog would pass the front green to do the toilet on the stones in the drive way, Eventuly I cracked after the third time whilst rushing to the car to make a meeting with regional directors suit on briefcase in had, just as the car door closes you realise you have stood in it and its on the inside of your trousers, boots and all over the pedals, meeting canceled, unhappy directors, so sent OH (dougie)
to sort it out,,,,,,, it happened a few times after that again to which I got shovel out scooped poop placed on her doorstep so that the first step out would insure the same result as I had to put up with, eg having to go back get changed, at least though it wasnt all over her car, I also left a small note saying I believe this belongs to you, with my name on, after a few times viola, problem solved, its disrespectful, when oh had talked to her and her oh the first time he did say look I have a bitch with a litter of pups and I dont know how she will react if I go out with her and dont see your dog, as we have a jeep, 2 cars at that point, sometimes you wouldnt see her untill you were half way down the drive, also I dont want any infections or the like carried into my house from your dogs poop and poss making my 2 week old pups very ill, the stones in our drive are like pebbles so you dont notice poo easily, it was always being dragged through the house,,,,but it took for me to put it on her doorstep and cause her inconvenience for her to stop it,,,,,,,,,
I think people like that cause alot of us good dog owners grief as it gets peoples backs right up,,,, once there up they can stay that way for a long time,,,,
shona x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I agree totally.
There is a lot of it around here at the moment and of course people always mention it to me as the mad dog woman of the neighbourhood!!!!
It is an elderly lady that is doing it (well her dogs at least) people have spoken to her but it's still happening. The dog warden knows and has put countless signs etc up (like dogs can read) but he has to actually catch it in the act....
stuff like this really isn't helping us responsible ones at the moment....
To be honest i think just the sight of someone picking up after their dogs at the moment helps to ease the general anti dog feeling!
bullterrier
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Don`t be sorry about it dougiepit, your not the only one who is sick of over paid fat knackers telling us what to do. Wouldn`t be as bad if they had done a study to come up with evidence to corrabarate this shoddy piece of legislation. About time the silent law abiding dog owners did a bit of lobbying of our own, shouted a bit louder & let them know what we do & don`t want.
Let`s not forget we pay our council tax, income tax etc to keep the bureaucrats in work & it`s about time they paid us back in kind.
Some people may not like this suggestion, but an alliance with the Country Side Alliance might help. This will affect what they stand for as much as us, we, with our numbers(I think there is 4 million dog owners in the U.K.) & their voice could put the fear of god into the government & local councils.
If 1 councils done this how many more will follow suit. The K.C. the RSPCA, Dogs Trust are pretty toothless, but the Country Side Alliance has b**lls. Just a thought !
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12