View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Lollipop - I have to agree now with Mini et al.

Why not post a new thread with your breeders/cost question?
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi I have just brought a northern inuit. I was lucky though in a way as she did not blow my budget, She was the last one left and her other bitch is due next week so needed a quick sale so we got her for £250 which is extremly reasonable for that breed. I think original price was £800 she has all her documents and is lovely we are getting her on sunday can't wait.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by lollippy
Perhaps I'm not making myself quite clear.

What I don't understand is why the mention of price should, for some breeders, should automatically bar a potential buyer for a pup, that is just an arbitory excuse to use, one could say all owners with a huge garden and home all day would make great owners, and as we all know that is simply not true.
Maybe you gave the answer there yourself?
That the Q´s courses fear with some breeders that the owners wont be able to afford having a dog if they are too focused on the price?

And I´ll go away too now
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Probably best left at that, as a poster pointed out, its nothing to do with me, and as mod posted after that post with out commenting I'll take it as read.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
What breed of dog costs £2000
BULLDOG!!
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2005, 05:34 PM

Ahhhhhh - I've only been gone a day What happened ???????

I have read all of this thread, several times - and even though its not a topic I have strong opinions on - I do feel strongly when any member is told that the subject has "nothing to do with them" - if you don't want certain members to contribute, have the discussion via PM
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by iwlass

Ahhhhhh - I've only been gone a day What happened ???????

I have read all of this thread, several times - and even though its not a topic I have strong opinions on - I do feel strongly when any member is told that the subject has "nothing to do with them" - if you don't want certain members to contribute, have the discussion via PM
Must admit I feel the same....this is a public board and until Admin lock it it is open to everyone and anyone.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

11-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Luz, Anybody can join the discussion, no matter if they own the breed, are pink purple or blue or indeed a new member.

Everyone calm down! - I am going to read this thread and hope I don't find any nastiness going on!!
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Hi just popped in to add that although health checks and rearing to a high standard should be taken as said - it is right to ask the breeder and expect an answer to such questions. Not all breeders offer the same and potential buyers should shop around. You wouldn't spend that amount of money on an item for the house without looking around for the best quality and best deal.

I do my best to vet buyers and establish their reasons for wanting a pup - some go away empty handed. If anyone came who genuinely couldn't afford a pup but could offer a really perfect home to one of my dogs I may consider letting them have a slightly older pup for much less money - most breeders tend to 'run on' a potentially good pup from a litter, only to find out a few months down the line that it isn't turning out as good as hoped and we are only too pleased to find them the right pet homes.

I have recently let one of my shelties go to a lovely pet home for next to nothing - the lady is a pensioner but loves her shelties and wanted to 'rescue' one after two of her older ones died of old age. She already has two from me and the one I let her have I could have sold to a fellow breeder for over £500 a week or two previously, but I considered the old lady could give her much more love and attention than the breeder could. So money didn't come into it - which is probably why my dogs are keeping me poor!!! lol
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

11-08-2005, 11:37 PM
I said this in another thread but as they seem to be connected:

Originally Posted by eRaze
Ok I've had a quick read and I can see why some people have alerted me to this thread.

Can I just remind people that Dogweb is meant to be friendly and without the breed prejudice you find on other sites.

I can see both sides of the coin and while I appreciate that 'some' new breeds are probably out to just cash in being the latest fad, others are not.

There are some really dedicated people out there giving it there all to create new breeds. And sometimes, they suceed. Just look at the cat world - one of the most beautiful, charming breeds which also happens to be one of the most popular was also a 'new' breed, and the breed? The Bengal Cat.

What we need is perhaps a new classification, no not an offical one, but one where we can identify what stage that particular breed is in. If the terms get used enough and ALL parties are happy, it will help people more easily ascertain the 'state' of that breed.

Perhaps we can start a thread about it later, but in the meantime, please be sensitive to other peoples feelings - remmeber that peopel will fiercely protect and defend the 'breed's they own.... just like you would your own...
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >