Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Havent seen any, where was this?
The videos were on YouTube but have been removed this afternoon. They showed a large brindle dog said to be a Neapolitan mastiff, a male named D. Bo.

There were also vids of a younger slimmer dog of similar colouring named Noodles, which looked like a Neo cross.

The first dog was clearly kept chained, a lot if not all of the time, in the garden.

There were also videos of puppies said to be Neo crosses.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 08:03 PM
So crossbreeds of the types of dogs used to recreate the Belgian. What smart folk! Thanks MM.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2010, 08:05 PM
some of the news services were carrying the same video..
D bo the brindle dog looked like a neo cross ..
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Although, interestingly, the person who uploaded the video of D.Bo commented underneath, that there are a lot of 'fake' Neapolitan mastiffs around and this was the real thing, and mentioned a kennel name to look at (Rayvonley).
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Although, interestingly, the person who uploaded the video of D.Bo commented underneath, that there are a lot of 'fake' Neapolitan mastiffs around and this was the real thing, and mentioned a kennel name to look at (Rayvonley).
Blimey, I dont think Steve Cox will be too pleased to be associated with this. His Neo's are superb!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Blimey, I dont think Steve Cox will be too pleased to be associated with this. His Neo's are superb!
The videos have now been deleted along with the comments (User account closed). There was another kennel name mentioned too but I could only remember Rayvonley.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm not 100% certain the comment was made by the person who uploaded - it may have been someone looking at the video and saying the dog in it was a 'fake'! Ah well, we'll never know now.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
The dog was attacking the woman,
Not at the time it was destroyed.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
I wouldn't have volunteered to deal with the dog afterwards and I wouldn't think anyone but an idiot would. It would have had to be treated like a wild animal and kept on its own maybe sedated a lot in order for tests to be done etc. Not much fun for the dog.

I can't see what could have been found out which would prevent any future accidents of the same kind---short of recreating the exact circumstances there would be no way of checking the dogs reactions----and we all know what the dog did in those circumstances so no point.

What would you like to have tested/checked out etc? Who would you suggest did it? How would you suggest the dog was captured-----nearest on duty zoo vet?

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 08:51 PM
What is with you John, can you not see that if the dog was shot while it was STILL attacking the woman it could have been even more dangerous for the woman? They moved the dog away from her with the use of shields then shot it.

As well...

The "evidence" is as good dead as it is alive. What possible good could be got from the dog being kept alive? cannot see it. Why subject the dog to testing etc.. then kill it? What could that prove to you John?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 08:55 PM
However the degree to which this may, or may not, have been influencial in this instance will now never be known because we have (again) rushed to destroy the main piece of evidence before it could be examined.
Examined for what, exactly?
Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »