register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Dog aggresive dogs on lead
Should be muzzled - end of 68 48.57%
Should have the choice to be unmuzzled 72 51.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Well, why do people walk in those areas? Dog aggressive dogs benefit from open fields and country parks just like other dogs, a life of walking on pavements is pretty boring for a dog. No harm in sharing, if everyone can be considerate and keep their dog under control.
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by malwhit View Post
I can never understand why people who have dog agressive dogs always want to walk in areas where loads of other owners walk their pets.

If I had an agressive dog, the last thing I would want to do is walk where others are running free - both for my own and the dog's peace of mind.

Lack of consideration for others is one of the reasons why dogs are now banned from so many places
There are far fewer dogs on our 'rural walks' than on the pavements....however they are less likely to be under control.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by malwhit View Post
I can never understand why people who have dog agressive dogs always want to walk in areas where loads of other owners walk their pets.

If I had an agressive dog, the last thing I would want to do is walk where others are running free - both for my own and the dog's peace of mind.

Lack of consideration for others is one of the reasons why dogs are now banned from so many places
I agree for popular dog walking areas. Thankfully around here people with DA dogs don't generally seem to take their dogs to busy areas at busy times -- as you say it is probably stressful for them and the dog.

I don't see walking in quieter areas at quieter times as being a problem at all if the dog is under control. I prefer quieter walks and as a result run into a few anti social dogs being walked...I can see them coming and put mine on a lead until we pass. They are doing their bit so fair enough that the dog is allowed 'nice' walks.
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Neither of my dogs are aggressive. Muzzles on if off lead in an area where other dogs are just in case anyway.

If they were dog aggressive then I would muzzle them for walks.
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
It does really annoy me when someone lets their dog off lead and can't control it.
I love dogs, I really do, but yesterday I threatened to kick a Jack Russell into the canal - little so and so was off lead, owners couldn't catch it to put it on lead and it was running underneath Paddy trying to bite him from underneath. Paddy just cried, he's such a big girl.
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
My dog is on a lead at all times. But when you have a dog running up to you (which isn't on lead) it's not easy to keep them separated when the off lead owner won't call their dog back
Like I said yesterday all dogs should be put on leads when walking it's about time that owner take responsablety for there actions. Every dog needs a licence to go outside so there fore it should be on a lead for the safety of others and others dogs.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Like I said yesterday all dogs should be put on leads when walking it's about time that owner take responsablety for there actions. Every dog needs a licence to go outside so there fore it should be on a lead for the safety of others and others dogs.
Do they
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
It's like driving a car you must were a seat belt now the concept is the same. Walk a dog put him in his lead.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
ALL dogs should be on leads at ALL times? the majority of dogs pose no safety risk to either people or each other, so why should they be on a lead at all times? how would you suggest that owners of high energy breeds exercise their dogs if they have to be on a lead at all times? or how owners of working dogs would utilize their dogs if they had to be on a lead at all times?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
It's like driving a car you must were a seat belt now the concept is the same. Walk a dog put him in his lead.
I do wonder if you are for real
Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »