View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 08:08 AM
When your very first post has the attitude that his has, you really can't expect a warm reception!

I'm not passionately against choke chains, the problem is people don't know how to use them correctly. The only collars I am totally against are prong collars, on an American rott forum I was told that the only way to control a rescued adult rott is with a prong collar - er, I control 4 with a mix of half check and flat collars and I only weigh 9 stone!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Lene - read all the OP`s posts. He has been extremely offensive to a newbie and claimed to be an expert, which he patently is not. He also claims to have trained pit bulls as working dogs, which is just not legally possible in this country. Turning it into a humourous thread is a fairly reasonable response in the circumstances.
dallys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys & girls, you certainly livened my night up last night for sure

Homemade soup for lunch anyone?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Pidge;1625830]
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

Something like this?
He caught me this earlier this morning for tonight's tea. Clever little chap that he is.
How Clever is he.......such a cutie, and already stuffed for you.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Well this has certainly brightened up my morning! Hurray for Trolls - they are soooo funny!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post

hey it works! I shouted Tanz, Shamus, tanz fur mutter and away he went.
I see you have you trained him how to use his laser vision.
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I need him to come back with his wealth of experience training Cattle Dogs in Oz. As far as I am aware I am the only ACD owner on Dogsey so I am really interested what he really does know about this breed !!

C'mon enlighten me ......... unless you learnt it all from wikipedia
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by rottalmarotts View Post
I need him to come back with his wealth of experience training Cattle Dogs in Oz. As far as I am aware I am the only ACD owner on Dogsey so I am really interested what he really does know about this breed !!

C'mon enlighten me ......... unless you learnt it all from wikipedia
I don`t think it would help unless they spoke arabic TBH
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Tinnel View Post
i have just joined this site and already i am dissapointed. i love my dogs very much, all my dogs work and all are trained to a high level (as that is my job)
im strongly against breeding dogs for the show ring as this has led to the downfall of many many breeds, english bred shepherds can barely walk let alone do a days work, boxers can hardly breathe, show labs go lame at age 10, need i say more?
i also just saw on someones profile they believe their dogs are trained to a high level because they know 20 commands - is that a joke? my main working bitch will pick up shot game, stalk deer/fox annd trail and retrieve, drive cattle and sheep, she is trained in basic handler protection and still i would say she is "getting there".

also am i in the minority who dont think check chains cruel? i am a proffesional trainer who knows the neccesity for controlling a dog, and i dont need modern head collars or whatever to do it.

Well said, although I dont think you'll win anyone round!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I needed a good laugh this morning and this post has done just the job THANKYOU

Anyone know of any elks in the GB and can anyone speak Japanese cos otherwise my dogs are gonna obviously have to go now I've been educated by the OP...mind you they'll probably all be deaad by xmas anyway since they're all show bred
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >