Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I watched it too Dani and i agreed totally that destoying the dog was justified.I love Vegas to bits,but if he ever mauled anyone-i too would have him put down.No animals life is worth more than a human.

The Spaniel attacked the little girl without any provocation this occasion and is totally unacceptable behaviour.They reconed it may have had a nerological disorder which made it attack so basically-theres no hope.
Completely agree with you steve ,and would'nt hesitate if this hapen with any dog i owned ,as you say humans must always come first .
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 06:06 PM
VS replies again on her site
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
VS replies again on her site
very imformative - but why not show all of this in the program - this is my point its irresponsible not to show that information.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't feel it was irresponsible at all.

If anything it was more Responsible to show all those moron dog owners out there that if you do not train your dog properly and it bites someone, you may lose it.

That is a more important message to convey I think.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I don't feel it was irresponsible at all.

If anything it was more Responsible to show all those moron dog owners out there that if you do not train your dog properly and it bites someone, you may lose it.

That is a more important message to convey I think.
YES I agree but show it with ALL the story - not half of it.

At no point on that program was it mentioned that the dog had previously mauled the mother - she said it had "nipped" the little girl over food.

So at least start by showing the truth not dressing it up for telly.

also - they hardly showed any of the training done with that dog - it was mostly with the other dog. I just feel its not an honest respresntation of what the true situation actually was.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:12 PM
That's TV !!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:14 PM
That's TV !!!
fair enough but its also a dogs life we are talking about and a little girls safety and I still think it wasnt the best way to portray it.

will agree to disagree methinks
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, Do you contact the News on a regular basis to talk about their misrepresentations ?

Or do you in fact write to Downing Street at all to discuss theirs.

Or maybe correct all the daily newpapers about 'thier' sides of their stories ?

Everything we are told is misrepresented in one way or another, lets not forget that.

All this programme did was highlight the fact that dogs that are in the 'Risk' category should be dealt with instead of pussy footed around, with yet another chance to repeat their terrible behaviour.

Good on them. If only more people with dangerous dogs had the courage to do the same.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, Do you contact the News on a regular basis to talk about their misrepresentations ?

Or do you in fact write to Downing Street at all to discuss theirs.

Or maybe correct all the daily newpapers about 'thier' sides of their stories ?

Everything we are told is misrepresented in one way or another, lets not forget that.

All this programme did was highlight the fact that dogs that are in the 'Risk' category should be dealt with instead of pussy footed around, with yet another chance to repeat their terrible behaviour.

Good on them. If only more people with dangerous dogs had the courage to do the same.
No I dont - I am not utterly naive either - what actually angers me is that I place the blame here with the owners NOT the dog and ultimately the way that they brought the dog up and then when it resulted in what happened it was put to sleep and I dont like that kind of representation - the implication being that the dog would have done it regardless - without the full story being portrayed. Yes VS took them to the rescue centre first - but the details that VS posted on her website were not mentioned in the program so before hand the full behaviour of that dog was not well portrayed.

Once again I am just going to agree to disagree with you on this one as I am not debating it - its how I felt about it and why i posted the thread to get other peoples opinions,

I am not naive enough to believe that everyone was going to agree with me though and i dont expect that anyway.

Dani
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't think everyone can be pleased by what is portrayed on any programme really. They will always miss out important bits to some that seem quite adequate to others, you can't please all the people, all the time, as they say.

I'm just glad they did the right thing in the end
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >