View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Yes to a degree. No prong collars, no shock collars, no choke chains, no pinning down, no use of back foot. He has been known not to use them .
Lunakitty321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes. He's brill...and he usually only uses the collar of which the owner is orignally using. Better to teach them how to do it correctly instead of saying "don't use it" because people are stubborn, and will use it anyway.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lunakitty321 View Post
Yes. He's brill...and he usually only uses the collar of which the owner is orignally using. Better to teach them how to do it correctly instead of saying "don't use it" because people are stubborn, and will use it anyway.
I'm sorry - this really annoys me ....there is NO excuse for not trying to educate people towards better methods...I am aware some people agree with the use of prong collars...but I do NOT and I cannot stand people who endorse this way of training.

The main part of dog training is to educate the owners.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lunakitty321 View Post
How conveient for him, so he can then say that HE dosent use them, but basically can actually use them alot! Let him whisper i say, not strangle !
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:44 PM
No never not in a million years.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I'm sorry - this really annoys me ....there is NO excuse for not trying to educate people towards better methods...I am aware some people agree with the use of prong collars...but I do NOT and I cannot stand people who endorse this way of training.

The main part of dog training is to educate the owners.
Just playing devils' advocate here, but do you know for a fact that he doesn't try and educate the owners against their use?

And if an owner was hell bent on using one no matter what you said/thought, would it be better for the dog if you just refused to help the owner/dog at all, or helped with the whole training, including showing how to use the prong collar properly?
bobbym
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-10-2008, 11:24 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobbym
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-10-2008, 11:32 PM
regards to the prong collar , would you rather the animal bite someone and be put down? these are animals which are red zone cases . thankfully most of us rarely see an amber zone especially in powerful breeds . most of the animals in his rehab centre would surely have been euthanised if he had not of interviened . it should be i think what ever works for the best of the dog. remember ceasar deals with these animals usually when all other behaviourists have given up . if it was your dog what would you do now!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 06:33 AM
they arent ALL "red zone" though are they, ths is what i object to! Why treat a sheltie that is noise senstive the same way as a 12stone killing machine? there is no need & there is no one size fits all in dog training, its awful. I actually wouldnt mind so much if he just kept to dangerous dogs/PTS cases tbh, as last chance salon sort of thing.

However alot of these "red zone" arent actually that bad are they, just mismanaged misunderstood & made to look worse in their "battle" with him.

Words like "red zone " gladiator " etc is all propaganda & misleading. This is a man that lives his own hype.IMO
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 08:13 AM
No I just think there are better ways to work.
Page 12 of 32 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »