View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Keep your chin up Shibby and listen to the advice the experiencecd Dogwebbers are giving you. You are doing a great job, that was a huge litter.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear you've lost another one

AS the others say you have a big litter to care for. All you can do is to continue to do your best for the ones who are still alive.

Good luck with the rest of them, your doing great!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 02:43 PM
your not messing up your doing a great job, this is a big litter and like mini said if she didn't get the right care from the start the pups could be weaker or have problems.
even people who have breed years still loss pups some times there is nothing you can do for them.
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2005, 03:22 PM
thanks guys

if weighing is important then i will do it tonight when she comes downstairs to go toilet.

there are some distinguishable puppies, but, it is going to be hard!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 03:26 PM
i think weighing is important as you can see who is getting the most food....the little ones you need too put on mum in get a little extra..
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 03:28 PM
its a good way to find out which pups need the extra care out of them all like inca said.
plus it will show you how well they are doing and you as well.
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2005, 03:30 PM
okay, so, weigh them, and put small/worryable ones on the more productive teats near her back legs?

and mum said is it okay to give her some steak as a treat. the other dogs are having a bit, and we dont know if she can have some

can she? cooked?

thanks x x x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Shibby,one word of warning.. it is good to know the weight and which puppies need extra attention and if you can try to indentify and note some of the markings all well and good..but try to handle the puppies as little as possible while they are tiny this is why. You have not had this bitch with you many weeks and you say she was 'agressive ' when she was whelping..because things are a little strange for her still this could make her overprotective, if she feels her puppies are threatened she could kill them all..I have known it happen. So minimum handling preferably while she is not around ..but even then she will hear them squeak when you touch them and smell you on them..so take care.
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2005, 03:46 PM
okay, i will i wash my hands thoroughly, and put gloves on.

i try and get her outside before i go near the puppies, because my room is on the front of the house, upstairs, so she may not be able to hear them as much.

i will be careful though.

also, is it wise to keep kids/dogs away from her? i have been doing, but want to make sure im not doing this for no reason
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Shibby I'm not sure about the steak, it could be a bit much for her at the moment but I'm sure someone can answer your question for you better.
Page 12 of 32 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »