View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 04:29 PM
This tread was started by a reasonable question,it soon turned into PET OWNERS AND THE SHOW PEOPLE in differant camps,people going on that because of there superior knowledge,they didnt feel that PET OWNERS were up to either breeding or spaying,yet it was a PET OWNER that asked for advice and she was put down for muscling in to the SHOW PEOPLES CAMP,we all have to start somewhere reading a whole variety of books doesnt prepare you,so you seek knowledge,but you wouldnt expect to be told off for even daring to try and find out the facts.If BD had phrased her answers to dog owners,and not making the point all through her thread that PET OWNERS may not have the knowledge to even attempt it.Why didnt she then address all threads to dog owners in general,she then tried to explain her superior knowledge she had 7 c.c and now she has itemised what it cost her to have a litter,it was her choice,no one elses,but when a PET OWNER does the sensible thing and just ask's a question.
We are all dog owners, what we choose to do,whether a dog becomes pet,support dog,service dog,the common denominator is that we all try to treat our dogs as friends and companions even a family member,we should not expect them to parade as show dogs or breed,that gives the dog nothing it only gives the owner for some reason best known to themselves a sense of importance or monetary gain,the dog gains nothing.Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 04:34 PM
we should not expect them to parade as show dogs or breed,that gives the dog nothing it only gives the owner for some reason best known to themselves a sense of importance or monetary gain
Says who? You? You think 'showing dogs' results in monetary gain?

I think you've lost the plot and not just the plot of this thread.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
NO Gemini, it was MYSELF who put up what it costs just to get to the stage where a litter is born and I was explaining WHY it was expensive to buy a puppy that had been bred by someone who cared rather than someone who was churning out puppies with no regard to health but with regard to making money, so you are completely and utterly wrong on this one. If pet owners didn't buy puppies then there would more than likely be very few dogs. Also pet owners tend to go to shows so as to see the various breeds and to ask questions off the breeders who are showing. It is not about being big headed or showing off.
Dawn knows her stuff and knows what she is talking about, and to get 7 CC's means that she is indeed someone who should be looked up to rather than have her name and good character questioned in this way.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Im lost for words. Genuinely. *needs gobsmacked smiley*

Gemini54
I genuinely have no idea why on you are trying to cause issue. I really dont. If people cant make a point in a comparison, how can they?

Now she has itemised how much it cost her to have a litter.
Where did I itemise how much it has cost me to have a litter? You have absolutely no clue how much it cost me to get this far, do you? NONE! You are reaching now and making yourself look silly.
Tell me if Im wrong. How much has it cost me then?

I did say that a section can be in excess of £1000.00, but again I dont think you read it properly did you? My bitch did NOT have a section! However its a VERY relevant point for somebody to consider if they want to breed a litter, dont you think? Especially considering anything to do with breeding is NOT covered on normal dog insurance. or would you rather that was not pointed out? Perhaps that would have helped Julie more?

How does it give me monetary gain as a show dog? It only COSTS me money to go to show, you sure as hell dont win any!! Again you have no idea what you are talking about.

Honestly, you are being ridiculous and you look that way too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
It was ME Dawn who itemised the cost of health tests etc in my explanation as to how it is that some KC dogs have a high price tag, if you don't do the health tests relevant to that breed, then you breed a litter very cheaply, hence cheap puppies with possible long term health problems.
Yes you are right it does cost money, entry fees, fuel costs, maybe having to stay overnight somewhere there and back, and like you say you don't win money!!! Usually a sack of food that you would never feed in a million zillion years in my experience. I donate it to the local dog shelter normally.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Gemini 54 you are talking utter rubbish, if I was you I would give up now, before you make yourself look any more stupid that you already have.....sounds like you just want to have a go at Dawn for your own reasons, and not even bothering to read what's written .
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Ahh ok Tawneywolf.
She wrote:
she then tried to explain her superior knowledge she had 7 c.c and now she has itemised what it cost her to have a litter,
See? She has genuinely lost it!!

Yes Jackbox she most likely does, because of her "secret life" episode!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Gemini I am not a show breeder my BC bitch from whom I may breed a litter is working bred & ISDS registered & fully health tested-her health testing has already cost well in excess of £500 & she will need to be clinically eye tested within a year of being mated.

My bitch would win no prizes in the show ring, because she is not a standard show colour & her coat is not what wins in the ring, she is however fit for purpose(sheep work)& has a temperament to die for
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Ahh ok Tawneywolf.

Yes Jackbox she most likely does, because of her "secret life" episode!!
OOooh have I missed something ?? I too have a secret life episode that I do not talk in public about
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Joedee you have NO idea!! She confused the hell out of me!!
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >