Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 12 of 30 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I would'nt personally, I do like the look but no puppy of mine would have it done.

By the way, done by an expert, no GA is required, a local is all that's needed, I got this info from an elderly gentleman in Belgium who's done it many times.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't like cropping. I hate the thought of inflicting pain on any animal and I only have to look at Beau to realise how important his ears are to him and to any dog. Leave well alone!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Fudge`s ears are one of the ways in which she communicates with me. If alert they are pricked and facing forwards. If she is in play mode with another dog and she is excited they are still pricked but swivel to the side. Scared she lies them flat against her head. Sometimes they move so fast it is like trying to read semaphore. Cropping them would surely take away this form of communication? the same could also be said for docking tails i presume.I would hate to restrict the channels of communication between me and my best friend just to cater to an aesthetic fashion.
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Originally Posted by melzy View Post
i dont
Cropped and docked Meltzy

Mo and the Gang xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post

If a breed of dog was meant to have vulcan ears then they would have them,.
If not for man messing about in the first place they would have them, after all they all came from the wolf who has erect ears, so nature wanted them to have erect ears, it was man who decided otherwise!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
If not for man messing about in the first place they would have them, after all they all came from the wolf who has erect ears, so nature wanted them to have erect ears, it was man who decided otherwise!
Nature wanted wolves to have pricked ears and theirs are rounded, not spindly ugly looking thin points.
Nature also wants dogs to have tails *cough*
You can`t have it both ways on the nature card
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I am a little confused by this - first because I thought it was illegal in the Uk, and second because...if you want a pointy-eared dog, get a pointy-eared breed!
like this![IMG][/IMG]
and third because IMO it`s downright Cruel
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I am a little confused by this - first because I thought it was illegal in the Uk, and second because...if you want a pointy-eared dog, get a pointy-eared breed!
like this![IMG][/IMG]
and third because IMO it`s downright Cruel
awwwwwwwwwwwwww
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Nature wanted wolves to have pricked ears and theirs are rounded, not spindly ugly looking thin points.
Nature also wants dogs to have tails *cough*
You can`t have it both ways on the nature card
Was just making the point that nature didn't make them floppy eared, we did. Will steer away from the tails on this one P.
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I have to say.. I am sitting on the fence on this one...
If somebody has a beautiful show dog.. and cropping their ears benefits them in showing........then you can almost forgive them . Like they say.......no pain , no gain....
If they really want to show their dog off....Yes, the dog doesnt know any better, but we as owners have to decide what we feel is right for our individual dog.

But on the whole......i am more for leaving things be, as nature intended, although you have to accpet that society today fashion, and trends do influence some people.
Page 12 of 30 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »