Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
footloose
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-09-2010, 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Footloose - are you actually genuinely interested in this thread or are you just trying to wind people up? Coz if you are, it's working.
I find your euthanasia comment quite offensive.
I see in your profile that dog's in your care had; "A accidental litter of puppies" How could I have any faith in a owner who was that irresponsible to bring unwanted dog's into this world, if I see them walking towards me with a dog I believe to be aggressive
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 08:38 AM
A dog in my care had an accidental litter BEFORE she was old enough to be spayed. We found homes for all of the dogs bar one which we kept. Had I not found homes for the others I'd have kept them too. The puppies were not unwanted. I was actually delighted.
What this has to do with this thread I have no idea. It just confirms that you're here just to wind people up.
I shouldn't have to explain myself to you but as you have decided to call into question my PERSONAL dog ownership then I feel I have to answer it.
Now can we get back to the topic on this thread?
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by footloose View Post
a dog I believe to be aggressive
I ask again. How are you defining aggressive in the context of dogs?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by footloose View Post
I see in your profile that dog's in your care had; "A accidental litter of puppies" How could I have any faith in a owner who was that irresponsible to bring unwanted dog's into this world, if I see them walking towards me with a dog I believe to be aggressive
and how do you link the two ... imo you are being judgemental and just plain nasty!
Wissansean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2010, 01:09 PM
ok sorry I did't have 5 hours to read the whole thread I did read the beginning post of some others. my views are as follows:

I have encountered Pits in my past and they were very docile and gentle dogs I haven't owned one nor plan too unless I got him as a pup just weaned . . . only for the simple fact I would like to know exactly what kind of background he has and shelters cannot guarantee backgrounds of any animal cat dog bunny ferret ect. when I was looking to adopt a dog I shied away from pits for that reason the dog could be reformed and retrained but what if a family member hit a trigger that was supposed to be gone (accidentally) and the dog attacked? we don't know what triggers an attack they are all different. I don't think they should be banned there should be extra caution in owning a pit and mandation(not a word) like official coming to the house 2 a year no announcement and a scheduled yearly with an official on top of routine vet checks, to make sure the responsible owner stays that way and rather making the public pay forsuch perameters the owners should have to pay a bit extra for the right to own such a dog and if one is found that is not registered then the owner of such dog should be fine equal to the cost of having registered him since he was a puppy weather he had him for 1 month or 5 years and with officials out there making unscheduled pop ins they will be more likely to spot a non registered pit and that may decrease the bad rap these poor dogs have inherited from their bad owners.

I also wanted to make a comment on a post here about rotties being a bad dog also I knew several and lived on a street that had 2 huge ones that were the gentlest guys on the planet and wouldn't blink an eye if encounter one on the street. . .movies made them look bad.... also if you are considering rotties as bad then you may as well go up the line a tack on Mastiffs as I read the the rottie line comes from the mastiff.

I want to say that any dog has the potential to do harm (unfortunately pits are very strong in that aspect) and that is where responsible ownership comes into effect! and maybe the news should not put pit attacks but pit good deeds and make awareness of other breed attacks and also their owners and educated people more about dog ownership in general

sorry so long that is all that I can think of right now
The Student.
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
and how do you link the two ... imo you are being judgemental and just plain nasty!
I think over all I side with Footloose.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by The Student. View Post
Really? With what? and Why?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by The Student. View Post
i would put money on you being footloose
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I was thinking that, one person banned a new person appears today that agrees with everything footlose siad . . .
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post

Or maybe even JIFF.
Page 119 of 132 « First < 19 69 109 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 129 > Last »