Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
You would be surprised at the number of PM's and emails I have received in support - thank you for your weak defence of this exploitative industry which has only serve to strengthen the campaign.

Oh you didnt comment on the Paddy Sweeney video - problem?
Its a pleasure, you have done nothing though in actual fact have you, as is clear from the "missed" deadlines, untrue links, links to vidoes of people who lied about this that and t'other, why videos were removed, alleged threats, the list goes on.

Now, you carry on with your celebrations, my trainer friend has just celebrated the birth of 11 Greyhound puppies, and I must go see them.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its a pleasure, you have done nothing though in actual fact have you, as is clear from the "missed" deadlines, untrue links, links to vidoes of people who lied about this that and t'other, why videos were removed, alleged threats, the list goes on.

Now, you carry on with your celebrations, my trainer friend has just celebrated the birth of 11 Greyhound puppies, and I must go see them.
And get loads of photos, otherwise any photos that I take in Feb will be held at ransom
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I think most people would enjoy watching their dogs playing but you go that one step further and place your dogs in a competetive environment - on an oval track - where the risk of injuries are greatly increased.

Why not just let them run freely - at their own pace - for their own pleasure?
Dogs, as all animals are naturally competitive. My dogs get a hundred times more excited at the track than they do at going up the gallop, so explain that...
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Watch the video
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...addysweeny.flv

Would you call this overweight for a greyhound?

[url]http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Greytexploitations/Dorset%20Kennels/?action=view&current=14.jpg[/url]
Definitely not, why, do you think it is?
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Watch the video
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...addysweeny.flv
P.s Vid is still buffering!

It's going now - 10% of all athletes are probably carrying injuries whether human, canine or equine. When he twisted the greyhounds foot, it yelped... why do they not yelp or go lame on the track if their leg truly does bend to that extremity? Why do these injuries not show up when we use methods such as Dr Richard Gannons the day following the race?

Regardless of the above, the video shows no evidence of racing dogs sustaining an injury that no pet dog could sustain.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Aww, congrats to them! What a big litter, hope mum and pups are doing well
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
P.s Vid is still buffering!

It's going now - 10% of all athletes are probably carrying injuries whether human, canine or equine. When he twisted the greyhounds foot, it yelped... why do they not yelp or go lame on the track if their leg truly does bend to that extremity? Why do these injuries not show up when we use methods such as Dr Richard Gannons the day following the race?

Regardless of the above, the video shows no evidence of racing dogs sustaining an injury that no pet dog could sustain.
Exactly, a dog is a dog is a dog, and an injury is simply that, regardless of were the dog got it. and the treatment will be the same whether the dog is a racing greyhound or pet..

And the expertize of the vet, will matter not where he gained it...as he is treating an injury to ligament/joint/ of a dog!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
And get loads of photos, otherwise any photos that I take in Feb will be held at ransom
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Aww, congrats to them! What a big litter, hope mum and pups are doing well
I didnt make it. All are doing well though and there is 12 not 11 now! A few blues too which I am partial too. Ill keep you updated.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I didnt make it. All are doing well though and there is 12 not 11 now! A few blues too which I am partial too. Ill keep you updated.
They sound gorgeous, now just make sure that any blues (or even worse, blue and white ones) are great racers, and don't need to go into any pets homes wont you
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Jodie, could you explain the comment on the link below to me please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qRaY...eature=channel
Page 117 of 157 « First < 17 67 107 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 127 > Last »