Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Oh right, what would they be then!
This may come as a surprise but companion animals do not suffer 'Racing Injuries'.

An ethical vet will use complimentary therapy wherever possible and will only destroy a healthy animal as a last resort, when all other options - such as re-homing - have been exhausted.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Its called sticking to the topic and not being drawn into a debate on another issue - tactics which are consistently used after failed attempts to defend this exploitative industry .
I agree with your post.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:44 PM
PETA's campaign has no relevance to commercial greyhound racing. They do not campaign against it and do not over breed and destroy dogs in their thousands.

Where's the relevance?
21,339, but of course that isn't killing them in their thousands is it.

I don't know how you can find that more acceptable, than healthy grey's being pts, on the soul basis, that PETA doesn't breed. Thats a poor excuse of an argument imo.

Whilst maybe not entirely relevant to the thread title, it is however, relevant when we all read how strongly you apose the killing of healthy grey's, but yet, seem to have less of a problem with this. Which is still the destruction of healthy inocent dogs and other animals, and when you compair it to the figures from the local to PETA at least, humane society, who in 1 year only pts arround 34%, unlike peta's 97%, (same year), it becomes even more indefensable.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
21,339, but of course that isn't killing them in their thousands is it.

I don't know how you can find that more acceptable, than healthy grey's being pts, on the soul basis, that PETA doesn't breed. Thats a poor excuse of an argument imo.

Whilst maybe not entirely relevant to the thread title, it is however, relevant when we all read how strongly you apose the killing of healthy grey's, but yet, seem to have less of a problem with this. Which is still the destruction of healthy inocent dogs and other animals, and when you compair it to the figures from the local to PETA at least, humane society, who in 1 year only pts arround 34%, unlike peta's 97%, (same year), it becomes even more indefensable.
As I say - take it up with PETA. Destruction of dogs by other organisations do not justify the 1000's destroyed by the industry.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Sorr small black cat just wandered over keyboard and shut everything down - dont ya just love em

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I have never said that it is ok for dogs to be pts, I have said repeatadly that I do not agree with everything that goes on in the industry, you just like to keep going over the same ground, picking on the same things, and getting no where, we are going around in circles, but maybe thats what you want .
Nope I think its what you want you will not take the industry to task over overbreeding, you think cruelty is not the main thing, you are full prepared to work for this industry.

When I got that I could think of one group of people, and actually I feel that it does answer it, as it gives you other people who do this, but then you don't want to hear this do you?:.
Its not about me not wanting to hear it, honestly, its that the one does not justify the other! I do not see why one group of people doing it justifies another group doing it – I have asked nicely what your point is on this – why bring it up, they are IMO both wrong! I already campaign against puppy farming etc as well.

Yes, but the whole industry is not cruel, you judge everyone from your moral high ground, there is probaly things that you do that everyone doesn't agree with, or things that people you associate with that people don't agree with, but then people wont immediatly judge you on what people you know have done, would they, so I don't think that the whole Greyhound racing should be judged, its unfair IMHO to do this, no group of people can be judged in such a way, as everyone is indiviuals.:.
To be honest I would want people to judge me if I associated with people who perpetrate cruelty and I would want them to judge me badly, but that’s just me. I could not associate with people who are cruel.

But yep I do agree there are things that some people wouldn’t agree with – me and Taz going around tree hugging when we’re high and drunk for one! Your welcome to join us if you fancy it though!

I was talking about straight from the racing kennels, and yes I helped out in a staffy rescue, what I'm saying is though if a racing kennels has loads of dogs there then they can't get as much one on one contact as if they were in a home, surely it would be better for people to rehome ex racers if they are not keeping them then wouldn't it be better for them to go into a pet home then stay at the racing kennels..:.

See I thought when you said not as many other dogs in rescue you were saying that there was somewhere with less 'other' dogs needing home the greys should get home. What I was trying to say is that every rescue right now is full to the brim with dogs regardless of breed and that the industry, because of over breeding is adding to that problem not helping it. Of course those greys in rescue need homes but so does every other dog in there! Again the over breeding is adding to the rescue problem wholesale!.

God you are so up yourself aren't you, and now you also know how I feel with your posts!! Its only recently that you came off the ignore list!!

You kept bringing things out of context, maybe you like doing that I don't know, you were quoting things that I said that were answers to a question from you!! And at one point was saying that I thought that no one else had expeirence because it was a favourite of yours to quote a answer to a question that you asked about what experience you have, I have been called cruel from you to point that its not even funny anymore!!

After this you will go back where you belong, on my ignore list, and I don't even care whether this post is considered personal, or anything either.
I maybe up myself in your opinion but I have had so many greyhounds seen so much that maybe its not so much up myself as very cynical of an industry that fights any welfare change possible.

IMO it was you who was bringing up things out of context such as byb’s, puppy farms etc and it seemed to me that you were bringing these up as an excuse for the industry. It was out of context in that this thread is about commercial greyhound racing.

I don’t recall calling you cruel once let alone many times I said we may differ on what we think is cruel.

I don’t actually consider it personal – not in a negative sense anyway – you have the right to ignore me and if you wish to that’s fine. Would love to know when and why I went on there in the first place though. I wont put you on ignore I have found our discourse interesting and will continue to watch your posts with interest and respond to them regardless.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Sorry Nav but is this the same Welsh assembly that has done so much for puppy farming?
They only ever gave one grant. Unfortuately for some reason they seem to prefer puppy farmers to people who race greyhounds.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Say what you like about the website - the facts cannot be disputed and anyone with an ounce of intelligence with no vested interest in greyhound racing will draw the same rational conclusion.
You're totally missing the point.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Then why do you jeopardise the welfare of your dogs to running round an oval track in competition with 5 other dogs?
What has the above got to do with you making the accusation that I gain financially from running my dogs? The prize money is £20 for a win for a grader, I spend £25 on fuel to get to the track without entries e.t.c. You do the maths.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Just how many times can you and Borderdawn be wrong in one night

The 12,000 respondents asked for independent regulation - not abolition.
Yet again, you miss the point.

12000 people may have asked for independent regulation, which you, yourself has said was ignored. Yet you are confident it will be abolished. By a government that you have said ignored you? That my dear is the joke.

Where are these 12000 people anyway?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
They only ever gave one grant. Unfortuately for some reason they seem to prefer puppy farmers to people who race greyhounds.
Even if it was only one, and Im not sure about that, its still one too many. But they still fail to regulate puppy farms even though they are supposed to inspect them regularly etc etc so I really dont hold out much hope for it to be regulated properly TBH. How many puppy farms are there in Wales now that there is nothing done about? Maybe Many Tears know better than the assembly do? (still breaks my heart walking away from a whippy x that was there was delivery duvets etc btw)
Page 110 of 157 « First < 10 60 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 > Last »