Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Yes its Dr Jonathan Cooper with Prof D Mills & Dr Hannah Wright, Dr Wright is interesting, she got her Phd by studying bee behaviour, she’s never had a dog & she set up in buisness as a dog behaviorist about 3 years ago

Adam
And the pot calls the kettle black!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes its Dr Jonathan Cooper with Prof D Mills & Dr Hannah Wright, Dr Wright is interesting, she got her Phd by studying bee behaviour, she’s never had a dog & she set up in buisness as a dog behaviorist about 3 years ago

Adam
That has a familiar ring to it - you studied horse behaviour, didn't you (not for a PhD though) ... before trying to become a dog trainer.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Adam
Jonathan is a professor and Hannah is a research assistant at the University

ETA: just for clarity, both do hold PhDs

ETA (further): is there a doctorate in bee behaviour???
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That has a familiar ring to it - you studied horse behaviour, didn't you (not for a PhD though) ... before trying to become a dog trainer.
If I remember correctly Adam studied large animal welfare that was mainly zoo based animals and he didnt study that very well as he barely scraped through the course.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Jonathan is a professor and Hannah is a research assistant at the University
Yes that puts them leagues above Adam and yet he sees fit to ridicule them
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by merryvale View Post
If I remember correctly Adam studied large animal welfare that was mainly zoo based animals and he didnt study that very well as he barely scraped through the course.

Yes that puts them leagues above Adam and yet he sees fit to ridicule them
I am keeping quiet on this thread - it is getting way too bitchy for my liking! Just want to say I don't see anything wrong in anybody arguing with people who have far better academic qualifications than oneself - anyone and everyone is entitled to their own opinion
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Adam, please see my post above.

As you appear to be proud of your training methods including advocating the use of two e collars at one time to train a small JRT , perhaps you would like to PM your address to me and I can inform the people carrying out the study of your methods and give them your details .
Thank you.
I am still waiting for a reply Adam but no pressure, I have enough information already to inform the people taking part in the study what some of the so called e collar trainers get up, I think it should be taken into account when e collars are discussed .
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I am keeping quiet on this thread - it is getting way too bitchy for my liking! Just want to say I don't see anything wrong in anybody arguing with people who have far better academic qualifications than oneself - anyone and everyone is entitled to their own opinion
I was not aware I was being "bitchy" And I have no obection to anyone voicing their opnion,however the comments he made were an attempt to discredit Dr Wright.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Adam
I think if I were you I would stop being a spokesperson for your puppet master.

The thing is he is difficult to find when things get legal----you aren't!

This is meant as a friendly warning--I think you are being used.

rune
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Apologies have not been following (or understand) this as well as should, but, how many here would like an e/remote collar/device strapping onto our neck or genitalia because we were misunderstood or didn't understand something and without being given a choice of it being done? (ducks under desk n hides now, no offense to anyone)
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Apologies have not been following (or understand) this as well as should, but, how many here would like an e/remote collar/device strapping onto our neck or genitalia because we were misunderstood or didn't understand something and without being given a choice of it being done? (ducks under desk n hides now, no offense to anyone)
Up till now two think its OK and just a stim---but one of those isn't willing to let me try it on him.

rune
Closed Thread
Page 110 of 206 « First < 10 60 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 160 > Last »