Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Eligibility for entry:

Scruffts is a competition for crossbreed dogs - pedigree dogs, therefore, are not eligible for entry. Dogs must be over six months of age to enter a Scruffts class and must not be older than 12 years.

Scruffts rosettes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each class.

It must be stressed that only 1st place winners in each class are eligible for the final in November. However, in the event of a 1st place winner not being able to attend the final then 2nd or 3rd place winners will be invited to attend in their place.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by ESS Owner View Post
* Most Handsome Crossbreed Dog 6 months - 7 years
* Prettiest Crossbreed Bitch 6 months - 7 years
* Child's Best Friend* 6 months - 12 years
* Golden Oldie Crossbreed 8 years or over

I would understand if i entered the other 3 classes your annoyance but in child best friend class nothing is implied specifically this is for cross breeds only .. I asked before entering this class if i could and i was told i was eligable for entry .. As i said the organiser of the class picked my dog for his relationship with my son and righlty so ..
Why on earth would they do one class for all dogs, and the other 3 for crossbreeds?
The rules state the whole of Scrufts is for CROSSBREED dogs.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by mandydog View Post
I have been following this thread since it started and have to chip in at this point. I have no fight with anyone and no wish to upset anyone either.

I simply don't believe this comment, ESS Owner. This is a well documented show and, as such, is the regional (Scottish) qualifier for an important final at Earls Court in November. As Westie_N has said time and again, it is for crossbreeds only.

If you wish to show your pedigree ESS you have far more opportunities than the crossbreed owners ever have. I suggest you should stick to these in future.
I was at a fun show for guide dogs for the deaf .. Originally there to compete in the flyball competition .. In between heats we decided to enter our 2 dogs into all the fun competitions - basically to support the charity show in our local area .. My ESS is a working spaniel and i have no desire to show him at all .. I entered my son in a class specifically for kids in which we rightly got placed .. Pleae remember this class was designed for KIDS and FUN!!!!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Why on earth would they do one class for all dogs, and the other 3 for crossbreeds?
The rules state the whole of Scrufts is for CROSSBREED dogs.
Thank you, Hevvur. At last, some sense!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Westie is it just poss that some people really didnt know? geez the woman asked if she could enter the class and was told she could, its hardly her fault,

If she was told she could enter, then the fault is with the show organisers

some people take things to serious!

It happens all the time, I have had dogs in the ring with me who have had major white patches blacked out and so on, but thats the world of showing, I DONT go getting in a taz about it and my show classes cost a fortune,
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

. Pleae remember this class was designed for KIDS and FUN!!!!!
And crossbreed dogs, not pedigree.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I am taking deep breaths and counting to ten.
calm down its only a bloody dog show. The world aint gona stop spinning because the organisers goofed up
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I was at a fun show for guide dogs for the deaf .. Originally there to compete in the flyball competition .. In between heats we decided to enter our 2 dogs into all the fun competitions - basically to support the charity show in our local area .. My ESS is a working spaniel and i have no desire to show him at all .. I entered my son in a class specifically for kids in which we rightly got placed .. Pleae remember this class was designed for KIDS and FUN!!!!!
.....and for crossbreed dogs only!

I am not the least bit concerned as to why you were there. That is not the point/

Your so did not rightly get placed. If he had got placed in the Companion Show junior handling class then yes, he would have rightly got placed, as you say.

Please, open your eyes!
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-08-2008, 08:47 PM
It is quite clear, ESS Owner. Please don't make your child the excuse.

You should not have entered that dog in that class.

My local heat took part in Westonbirt Arboretum earlier in the year. I could not be there, but, looking at the rules on Kennel Club website and the subsequent results, there is no doubt whatsoever.

It seems that the Scottish organisers were at fault, as well as the exhibitors, and they should have been stricter in their stewarding.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
And crossbreed dogs, not pedigree.
If the show was in aid of guid dogs you may find some of the people there had no idea about scruffts as the ESS owner stated she was there doing the flyball
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 33 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »