Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 10:27 PM
I couldn't watch the sharp knife bit...the wee tree was the best
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I am off to find the Jimster and throw him out for a last wee. I haven't plumped his bed yet either, nor put his brekky to soak so need to get organised!

Sleep well everyone and have a good day tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2013, 10:30 PM
No not a puppy enquiry this time, a friend of mine is going through really difficult hard times at the moment, the only thing I can do for her is be here to listen and talk it through with her. Can't do anymore for her unfortunately, I wish I could.
Two of my puppy enquiries have now fallen by the wayside as well. One of those things I suppose, and I would rather it were now than later on. One of them I wasn't that surprised about, because it never felt 'right' to me, the other one though, well they filled my criteria and sounded good. Probably the raw feeding thing I think. They said they had talked things through and wouldn't be getting a puppy now till after Christmas!!!! Firstly, my puppies won't be ready to leave until after Christmas anyway, secondly she is in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks there are going to be several genuine Utonagan litters that she can take her pick of. Isn't going to happen. But let her find out. Silly excuse and I would rather her have been honest about it.
Didn't see the Nanny thing as I was watching something on BBC 3 or maybe 4, can't remember which one of them it was. Then I watched the Marianne Faithfull Who Do you Think You Are, which fascinated me. I remember her from the '60's and she hasn't worn well at all!!!! The story of her family and their time in Germany and Austria under the Nazis was dreadful.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Sally, we all used to have penknives didn't we, with a hoof pick thing on as well. If you were in the Scouts you had a sheath knife, and you never heard of ANYONE being stabbed either!!!!! Because we wouldn't have dared!!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Nite SALLY
It's sad your friend is having a hard time TW
Did you get your car back?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Tang, I love your heffalump, I have something similar, but it's currently lurking behind two pictures Brian hasn't put up yet.

TW I'm sorry your friend is having a hard time, I hope things get better for her soon.

Bitkin, what a story, your Dad was very lucky, thank goodness for that woman.

Been quite busy tonight, Brian did dinner (a lovely Korma) then went off out. Since he had cooked the soup and the dinner I did the dishes. Studied while they drained, put the dishes away, ironed my clothes for work. Printed out handouts for the cadets for tomorrow night and the weekend instruction.

My head is now spinning. So having some chill time before sleep. Tomorrow will be busy too cause I still need to sort out the bits for the shoot I am running on the cadet weekend, and prep for the boss coming.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Interesting about the raw feeding insistence. What can you do if people sign up to say they will and then don't anyway - you wouldn't know WHAT they are feeding their dogs once they are away from you. You presumably cannot insist on continued contact or updates and, even so there is nothing to stop them telling fibbers is there?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Investigating why Bella is barking so late - there is a HUGE brilliant red sparkling firefly twirling about down in the street with cats leaping to catch it! So big at first I thought someone was mucking about with a powerful red laser pen!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2013, 11:29 PM
You are quite right on that one Pat, and I expect that does happen, and as you say there is nothing I can do.
I do go into things very thoroughly with people and question them and expect them to question me. I haven't actually come across anyone who isn't raw feeding as yet, although I am not in touch with everyone, those I am in touch with are continuing with it and have changed any other dogs they may have onto it and say it is the best thing they have ever done.
All I can do is give out the information and the reasons and ask them to do their research. You would be amazed at the number of people who have said it is something they have been thinking of but haven't had the courage to do because they needed that extra push and I have given it to them.
Same with the training, I have a clause where they are required to undertake that they take their puppy to classes and achieve a minimum of Bronze standard.
I explain my position on both of these requirements and the reasons why. All I am asking is people feed and train the puppy properly that I have put so much hard work into, not a lot to ask really is it
Done girly brekkies and off to bed because my brain hurts
Car swop back happening in October, up to now nothing has happened and no one been to the door claiming the car is theirs, living in hope here!!!
Page 11 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11