Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Maybe maybe not, but I doubt the preening, grooming and parading, is equal to sticks, kicks and e.collars .
I would say this is worse - at least the guy cant hit the dog all day every day
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
Here is my dog training last year..I am trying to work on capping his excitement (he barks because he is just sooooo excited) so he gets rewarded (by a clicker) for a few paces of quiet. Is there anything about this video that looks macho? Especially my pink coat and groovy hat?

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/x...ent=010-15.mp4

Or this video (different club) - note both helpers have clickers attached to them and lots of praise.

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/x...ent=021-13.mp4
absolutely beautiful, happy Dog, Trainer and Owner. What a gorgeous Dog and such a Waggy Tail. Thanks for posting.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Are there not certain dog sports with a higher incidence of this type of macho man "training" though? again having witnessed it first hand I'm the first to admit there are plenty of people like the bloke in the video in the gundog world.
I completely agree, if you ask me the absolute worst for abusive training methods is the gundog world.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I often wonder if dogs enjoy being groomed within an inch of their life and than paraded around a ring under hot lights often strung up on a shoestring, then manipulated into the "perfect" stance, purely to appease a persons ego......
Nice One
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Oh my, now we are scrapping the barrel to support an argument wondered when the show world and breeding would crop up... You did not disappoint BM
I didnt start the conversation about the show world - and as breeding is part and parcel of showing - lets face it even on here many of you will ask if someone has shown their dog well before they shoudl think of breeding it - so yes I think breeding is relivent - bad breeding just to win a show is cruelty at least as bad as hitting a dog to win a show
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Are there not certain dog sports with a higher incidence of this type of macho man "training" though? again having witnessed it first hand I'm the first to admit there are plenty of people like the bloke in the video in the gundog world.
I agree, there are people like the bloke in the video in all walks of life, not sure anyone disputes this, but there seems to be an attraction for a certain type in this sport.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Kicking , maybe, all walks of life can resort to this..e.collars...why?? Am baffled
Why dOes anyone use an e collar? Ask the people who use them, they cOme from all walks of life......including the show world. We should be disgusted at the individual in question, NOT tarring an entire world with the same brush. It annoys you when people do this with showing, so think about what you are saying!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I would say this is worse - at least the guy cant hit the dog all day every day
Is this dog made of tripe?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Oh my goodness - what on earth is everyone arguing about? Nobody condones abuse no matter what discipline they are involved in. Full stop.

People are being really childish!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:57 PM
What is with the randOm capitals???
Page 11 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »