View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:25 AM
This story doesn't appear to be getting the coverage that the Nottingham case did - unless I just keep missing the news items.

Does anyone know whether the handler has actually given any "reason" as to why he left his dogs in the car?
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
This story doesn't appear to be getting the coverage that the Nottingham case did - unless I just keep missing the news items.

Does anyone know whether the handler has actually given any "reason" as to why he left his dogs in the car?
Apparently he took them with him so he could claim milage allowance. There was no need for them to be there.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Nobody knows any FACTS regarding this yet, there is only SPECULATION by the media.

I have no doubt that the FACTS will emerge in due course.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Apparently he took them with him so he could claim milage allowance. There was no need for them to be there.
Yes, I saw that piece of info on the link from the Sun newspaper ... but I don't tend to believe much of what the Sun says Not sure he could claim mileage for taking the dogs if they weren't actually going to work?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Nobody knows any FACTS regarding this yet, there is only SPECULATION by the media.

I have no doubt that the FACTS will emerge in due course.
That is how I feel about it SB. There seems to be lots of speculation being bandied around, but no hard facts as yet. Although, no matter what the handler says, there will be no excuse possible to deflect from the outcome.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That is how I feel about it SB. There seems to be lots of speculation being bandied around, but no hard facts as yet. Although, no matter what the handler says, there will be no excuse possible to deflect from the outcome.

Agreed. I may discover some "from the horses mouth" info at the weekend...............
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2011, 07:44 AM
There is much speculation and very little fact but the one thing no one can deny is he left the dogs in the locked vehicle with no windows open on a very hot day. He didn't have an accident which prevented him from returning and nor did he drop dead of a heart attack/stroke or similar, both things might have offered an excuse. He went off to a meeting in stratford which is about an hours journey, so the minimum time he would be away allowing for a very short meeting would be 3 hours, so of course people are going to question what the hell if anything was going on in his head. Especially when he was parked at a dog training centre and could have put the dogs in the kennels. I personally don't give a toss what excuses he comes up with because he has no excuse for his neglect of the dogs wellbeing.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:20 AM
My husband told me a sad story about the police and a dog being left in a car. One of his ex-residents (he works at a hostel) was arrested by the police. He begged the policeman to let him go and take his dog out of the car, he wouldn't let him but said they would go and remove the dog. 24 hours later when the man was released he returned to his car to find his dog dead inside
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:51 AM
A lot about this case doesn't add up, lets hope in time the true facts of this case will become know.
I've heard that story too Kerryowner
Becky
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
There is much speculation and very little fact but the one thing no one can deny is he left the dogs in the locked vehicle with no windows open on a very hot day. He didn't have an accident which prevented him from returning and nor did he drop dead of a heart attack/stroke or similar, both things might have offered an excuse. He went off to a meeting in stratford which is about an hours journey, so the minimum time he would be away allowing for a very short meeting would be 3 hours, so of course people are going to question what the hell if anything was going on in his head. Especially when he was parked at a dog training centre and could have put the dogs in the kennels. I personally don't give a toss what excuses he comes up with because he has no excuse for his neglect of the dogs wellbeing.
Have to agree--Total lack of conscious consideration for the welfare of the dogs. How one can be so negligent after having had a previous tragedy in the same circumstances beggars belief.There can be no excuses it's just absolute irresponsibility. It's staggeringly unbelievable and heartbreaking to hear about needless suffering like this.
Page 11 of 28 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »