View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 12:41 PM
With pedigree Cats, most anyway, you do not get the registration cert until you have proof of neutering.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Yes I see what you are saying, but if you flip that, why should I, as a responsible owner, who doesn't want to neuter my dog or spay my bitch for a considerable time, technically in effect pay more for my pup from the same litter?
Clearly for some all owners that keep their dogs entire are irresponsible
You buy a pup and get bribed with money to neauter it...shows the breeders trusts you immensely...

and for these people that like that idea how would you sort it out when selling to show homes? Would these show people not get 'rewarded' also because clearly there dogs would be staying entire.. Hows that fair when the pet people are being 'paid' to do whats asked.... No breeder should be paying someone to do whats asked..
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Yes I see what you are saying, but if you flip that, why should I, as a responsible owner, who doesn't want to neuter my dog or spay my bitch for a considerable time, technically in effect pay more for my pup from the same litter?
That would be your choice - as everyone else who takes on a pup - you would all be paying the same, but if you wanted to remove the dog from the gene pool you could be refunded some of the money you paid out.
It is very similar (IMO) of people paying more for different breeds, because they are rarer, etc.....a dog is a dog, 4 legs tail etc....if you want to look at it that way.

In Australia there is a dog license fee....someone told me for a neutered dog (yearly) in QL it was around $40.....for an entire one you are looking at the $100's (or it may have been NSW).....Emma might be able to help there.

Various places use different incentives for responsible dog ownership. I think this would be a good way.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Clearly for some all owners that keep their pets entire are irresponsible
You buy a pup and get bribed with money to neauter it...shows the breeders trusts you immensely...
Hmm.....So what am I then...someone who has entire dogs but agrees that this could be a good idea?
Again - I guess it comes down to the fact that you see it as a bribe....I don't.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Hmm.....So what am I then...someone who has entire dogs but agrees that this could be a good idea?
Again - I guess it comes down to the fact that you see it as a bribe....I don't.
I guess it does.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-10-2010, 12:59 PM
So puppy farmers continue to breed and sell to whoever turns up with enough cash, a good proportion of whom go on to breed their pup to their friends mutt and that's fine but anyone who buys a good well bred pup from an ethical breeder is financially encouraged to neuter their dog and remove it from the gene pool. What does that actually achieve ?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I have removed Codee from the gene pool, but I didn't expect any financial bonuses from doing it... My boys won't be removed from the gene pool as yet, but as a responsible owner they won't be producing any little Jamie's and Deacon's anyway.... (I have had an in season bitch here and managed to keep her safe! )
I see major flaws with the theory thats all...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
With pedigree Cats, most anyway, you do not get the registration cert until you have proof of neutering.
As a matter of interest, does that stop irresponsible breeding of pedigree cats, or do you get the element of "dont care about papers" buyers and breeders too.

But that would not matter - you are responsible and thats fine.....
Other who may not be so keen on neutering or may think they can make some money from using the dog or bitch may think twice.

....it would never be something that would be imposed, and therefore not a punishment - it would be the breeders choice....I would be happy to do it - having spent out so many hundreds on health testing and the litter - that money is gone anyway....if you are looking to re-coup money fair enough, but holding some back from the sale of the pups is minimal if you are looking at the outlay.

What do BC`s go for today £450/500 (dont know )

Taking into account you have paid for health tests, care of the bitch, feeding/worming and all other costs..(hopefully no medical bills ) you are now going to give back almost half of what you charged in a refund, you will in effect be breeding a litter to give away!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
So puppy farmers continue to breed and sell to whoever turns up with enough cash, a good proportion of whom go on to breed their pup to their friends mutt and that's fine but anyone who buys a good well bred pup from an ethical breeder is financially encouraged to neuter their dog and remove it from the gene pool. What does that actually achieve ?
Puppy farmers will continue to breed....that is another matter entirely.....proper breeders will alway charge more to try and re-coup what they have shelled out.

What this might do, is encourage people who may have gone to PF for the cheaper option turn towards a better breeder.

As we are So often told on this forum, by the people who claim to be in the know, there are very few pups who are 'good' enough to breed from. Whats the issue if these are removed from the gene pool? Just because they came from a good breeder?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 01:06 PM
.....proper breeders will alway charge more to try and re-coup what they have shelled out.
Really... In what way?
Page 11 of 23 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »