katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
LOL to the sofa picture!

He is cute when he is asleep.

rune
Great pictures what a cute boy he is .Keisha gets stuck under the sofa now we have to lift it up to get her out (use to fit really well) hopefully in a few weeks she will be to big to even try good luck with the new food or maybe you could just feed her body parts
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Aww, he is lovely looking Must be so upsetting no longer fitting under the sofa! LOL! Hopefully he'll soon forget he could ever get under it and stop being a grump
Eileen Goodman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Sat update. Having a 'bit of a time' with Lucky.BIT being the main word in that sentence. He can get a little aggressive at times,we thought it was only when he's tired but it also happens when we play with him.We are having to be really firm with him,not that he takes much notice.I have had to tap his bottom with a finger a couple of times,more to get his attention and divert the teeth.I guess I should have expected this,he's only just over 7 weeks old,and not having 'mum' to nip him back must learn in different ways.I have tried the walking away with no eye contact but that just seems to make him attack my ankles even more.Hopefully in the next couple of weeks things will improve.
Having trouble with his food as well at the moment,one day he likes the tinned food,the next will not touch it, then he wants the biscuit and again he suddenly goes off that too. I have tried hand feeding him and that worked yesterday but today he's hardly eaten a thing.It is very hot here at the moment and heavy and humid so I shall not panic,will see how he goes over the next 24/48 hours.He is drinking water and I still have some puppy milk left although he's off that as well now.
I weighed him the other day and he now weighs approx 11 lbs(a bit of a difference from about 5oz).
Sad news on his 'mum',she stopped coming in about a week to 10 days ago.I kept putting the food out and having to throw it away the next day.I can only hope that she is in a better place than on a hill with not enough food or shelter.I was really sad not to see her and still have a load of lovely bones in the freezer for her 'just in case'.
The first of his jabs are due this week,can't wait till we can mix him with other dogs and get him more social.
He still will not sleep well at night,sleeps really well in the day,tried keeping him a little more active in the day but that provoked more teeth attacks.
Will let you know how things go.
Have a great day x
Eileen
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Eileen, with regards the biteing issue, dont be afraid to be firm with him, he needs it more that ever being an orphan becuase as you say he hasnt had mum and siblings to tell him when hes to hard.
Now all pups are a little nippy when their little and if you nip it in the bud now he should get over it. The way I did it with my pup when she was little was when she nipped too hard I would yelp like a sibling would, if she carried on I would hold her mouth shut and give a firm NO, if she still carried on then I would get up and walk out of the room somewhere she couldnt follow and leave her alone for 5mins, then come back and carry on as normal.. then repeat as nessesary till she got the message! Worked a treat, she now has great bite inhibition.
Good luck and keep updating us.. Im loveing reading his little story!
P.S Hope his mum turns up safe and well!
Eileen Goodman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Mad Huskies,Thank you for that,I was just thinking we are bad parents! I shall start holding his mouth ect and leaving the room.I have done the no eye contact but that just enraged him more and our ankles get a real bite.He has eaten tonight,but only after I have started to hand feed him.Think it might just be a control thing.
I also hope mum might come back but after this amount of time I think she could in a better place than Portugal!
Eileen Goodman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Mad Huskies,This is to say a very special thank you ,the advise you gave me yesterday has had such a great effect.My husband and I have both used the holding the mouth shut approach and boy has it worked! I won't hold my breath,I know we have a long way to go with him but today he's been a dream. He's even playing fetch and at 7 and a half weeks I feel that is good going.I wore him out with that last night and the two of us both got a pretty good nights sleep.His feeding is still a bit hit and miss but as it's so hot here at the moment I just wait till he wants it rather than being strict with times. I feel as if we have turned a corner.
Will let you know how we get on in the next few day's
Many Many Thanks,
PS My husband sends very best wishes and a big thank you x
Eileen Goodman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Morning Guy's, LUCKY IS 8 WEEKS OLD TODAY
Just returned from the vet's.Lucky has had a complete overhaul and is in great condition! Had his first jab which was very easy.
Had a busy couple of day's with him as he found the low wall around our villa and nearly caused hubby to have a heart attack! Spent all day yesterday putting more fencing up and he now has a huge area that he can access day or night.So much easier when it's dark to know he can't get up to mischief!
He's full of fun,play's fetch(his fav game)and loves digging up hubbies newly planted french beans.(Hubby not impressed!!)
He has put himself onto 3 meals a day,I still have to hand feed to start him off but after that he does really well.
Was weighed today and is now 11.15 kilos (approx 12 lbs). I think that saddle may come into play! I have worked out he weighs the same amount of weight that I have lost since finding him.Who needs Weightwatchers!
Hubby has to go away on business tomorrow till Sat so just hope I can get some sleep while he is away.
PS Note to anyone who does not want kids,get a 1 day old puppy,no chance of needing anything else!
Have a great day,will post pic's soon
Many thanks for being there for us in our panic moments.
Eileen XX
PPS Have to think about heart worm and sand fly treatments,any advice please on whats best
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 11:09 AM
This is such a fab story - how lucky is Lucky to have found you! Looking forward to more pics!
Page 11 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »