View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had a reply from Northdown Borough Council but if so I would point out that when the court asked Bruce's owner to get insurance for Bruce they might as well have asked her to walk to the moon.

Pit bull types are illegal in NI and no insurance company will provide cover for something illegal.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-07-2009, 02:45 PM
What a bunch of crock!!

The Court considered this a suitable approach ....

The court got it wrong

That she would obtain public liability insurance for the dog.

Which was not possible. Never mind the Dogs Act 2001. When the judge said Bruce was a pit bull type then he became illegal to own in NI under the DDA 1991 and that meant that no matter how hard Shannon tried to get insurance, and by God she did try, no company would offer cover.

Insurance companies do not insure illegal things. The court got it wrong but Northdown are keeping that quiet aren't they?

She was given 14 days to comply...

...with an impossibility.

The matter returned to Court on a number of occasions with further legal argument...

Ha! That's how they describe it! Being informed that the court had set impossible terms is "further legal argument"! BS!!!

the owner of the dog had failed to comply with the undertakings

Might as well have told her to walk to the moon but, sure, the owner "failed". Got it.

Council has facilitated a number of visits for Ms Brown to her dog during the time Bruce has been in kennelling.

The council has refused to allow Shannon to see Bruce since the begining of the year because they say it is too expensive to arrange. Thanks to the public outcry and letters Mr. McFarland MLA is attempting to pressure Northdown council into another visit or to, at least, give Bruce's owner some current photographs.

We will endeavour to continue to this practice as we await the appeal decision.

They're not endeavourting to continue visits! They're ob-bloodly-structing visits! What planet are they on?

Removal of the Dog to The South of Ireland

the Judges indicated that she could not make a ruling for the dog to be transferred to another location where she had no jurisdiction.
Not "could not".

"Would not".

There's a difference but it's lost on Claire Jackson.

Oh, I'm angry now.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Yes, sorry, I'd forgotten about Maria.

She is also writing/has written a song for Bruce.
Good I didn't know she was writing a song, although it would be the sort of thing she would do.This story is just heartbreaking, I just read your other post about visits etc, it is so wrong, poor, poor Bruce and his family.
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Johnderondon, just thinking what if we contact celebs who have been in dog related films lately, and those who have appeared on dog training programs. They might be willing to add their support. I have done a template email and was going to try and make contact through their official websites but don't know who to put as a contact (don't want them contacting me as I don't know enough about everything that is going on and my lack of knowledge might put their PR people off). Do you have any ideas?

Sorry to keep asking you but you seem really involved in all this and I just think if we can get lots of celebs involved then the press will have to take notice (as surprise they have ignored my emails).
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Emax View Post
Johnderondon, just thinking what if we contact celebs who have been in dog related films lately, and those who have appeared on dog training programs. They might be willing to add their support. I have done a template email and was going to try and make contact through their official websites but don't know who to put as a contact (don't want them contacting me as I don't know enough about everything that is going on and my lack of knowledge might put their PR people off). Do you have any ideas?

Sorry to keep asking you but you seem really involved in all this and I just think if we can get lots of celebs involved then the press will have to take notice (as surprise they have ignored my emails).
great idea, we could try contacting celebs. Also contacting things like the One Show etc to get more publicity on it.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Emax View Post

Good idea, Emax.

If you pm me I'll send you a contact email address (although it will be some time tomorrow now).

Thanks!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 08:18 PM
please dont jump on me but....

is bruce actually a pit bull?? proven?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
please dont jump on me but....

is bruce actually a pit bull?? proven?
No - he is of type. Basically looks like Bruno to me.
Regardless he hasnt done anything wrong - he has never harmed anyone/thing and the only reason he cant be just neutured and muzzled etc is down to the fact that NI dont have that in their DDA act.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Ive seen loads of Pit Bulls, no way on this earth is Bruce a Pit Bull, he looks Staff cross, maybe something a bit bigger, no way Pit Bull.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
No - he is of type. Basically looks like Bruno to me.
Regardless he hasnt done anything wrong - he has never harmed anyone/thing and the only reason he cant be just neutured and muzzled etc is down to the fact that NI dont have that in their DDA act.
thanks for clearing that up...

im not aware of the dangerous dogs act in ireland so wont comment on that....

if anyone can educate me on it id appreciate it

but it is a shame the dog has sufffered so much with the owners from what i have read refering to him as a pit bul - not the best idea....
Page 11 of 27 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »