register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 04:58 PM
well, I seem to recall you saying you were leaving the debate too a couple of posts back staffordfan not just as easy as that when its a breed you love and feel passionatley about is it?

Come on, we all love our dogs and our chosen breeds, theres no need to argue about it is there? its silly,if we all met up wed probably get on like a house on fire but just cos its the internet some people think they will get a bit bolder than they would in real life so lets all calm down and take five and ask ourselves if this is really worth getting the thread locked for?

Lel makes a good point that on other boards thats what usually happens, dont you think that looks bad to anyone looking in, that people who love this breed cant even talk about it wihout bickering?

Roxy is right, this thread shouldnt be used to get at anyone, and especially not Laura since she has now left the topic and isnt here to defend herself. I have no beef with any of you so, lets just leave it at that shall we?
StaffordFan
Dogsey Junior

25-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
well, I seem to recall you saying you were leaving the debate too a couple of posts back staffordfan not just as easy as that when its a breed you love and feel passionatley about is it?
You are VERY mistaken , can you quote me
Apart from my obvious "I for one am disassociating myself further from this debate " i did not.

I am passionate about my staffies in a total different light than you talk about. It would be pointless to try and make amends or find a mediocre even a happy medium. Easier for me to "get out of the kitchen" as you state.

Tatty Ta.

PS( do you "work" your staffies, out of interest )
betchyacan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
I am a great believer in reading between the lines and I think you have given away a lot of your motives in joining this debate when you said this :

"but its starting to go down a lets get the one who hates Laura road. "

Which leads me to wonder if you really do want to debate staffords, or if you have some other agenda?
If you do, I think it mught be best discussed in private and keep this thread civil
Please DO NOT put words into my mouth, Ive no agenda with Laura other than the slightly personal direction the debate took regarding paranoia and the inablity to take in whats a jibe and whats nasty.
The "hates Laura" was again sarcasm, as it seems certain individuals think im here to have a go at her and her alone, not the case, I have no idea who the hell she is, and frankly now, no wish to, if she cannot take what is dished out, and cannot take on board anyting that conttradicts what she has already learnt/beleives. Its a classic case of oohh im losing this debate so Ill cry bullies!!!! poor me, and clear off, hoping to get a wave of sympathy, well not fromhere. I dislike curs in people as well as dogs.
My final say on this person, back to the dogs, they are worth talking about!
betchyacan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by StaffordFan
Originally Posted by CBT
Apart from my obvious "I for one am disassociating myself further from this debate " i did not.

I am passionate about my staffies in a total different light than you talk about. It would be pointless to try and make amends or find a mediocre even a happy medium. Easier for me to "get out of the kitchen" as you state.

Tatty Ta.

I very much doubt they do!! I dont think any of us are going to get through to these guys, they are to cliquey, to want to learn or stand on their own 2 feet.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2005, 05:39 PM
This is getting far to personal now. I for one am not impressed with this childish "I will have the last say crap"

Can we all act like the adults we profess to be please.

(Everyone dont laff at once, yes I am an adult)
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 05:40 PM
If by "work" you mean do I do flirtpole and chuck a rubber ball for my dogs a lot, as well as taking them to the river to swim in the summertime and lots of walks and chasing around to keep them as fit as I can, then Yes Im proud to say I do "work" my dogs

If by "work" you mean do I fight them then the answer is a very firm NO - NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL - just because I like to study up on my chosen type of dogs history does not make me a dogfighter, If you read my other posts youll see I am against dog fighting, I have given advise on how to break fights up as quickly as possible if they occur by accident, I hate seeing dogs fighting

hope that clarifies things for you

Ps I would consider "disassociating myself further" from the debate to mean your not going to get involved anymore but then of course I could be wrong and like I said, its not so easy to end a debate on a good note, especially when people ask you questions, or say things to draw you back into the debate, when matters need clearing up such as the above, or when people you have a bit of respect for are getting abuse thrown at them, and are not here to defend themselves, so I can totally understand why you came back to join in, felt the same myself

So, back to the topic of irish staffs, I think we should have some pictures now instead of debates - If you remember this actually started out in the breeds section and was a place to post pics of irish type dogs not to debate their worth etc

so here is a pic of my dog Zack to being going along with:

apologies for it being posted again, but it is my fave pic of him

lets see some of your dogs folks, then we can get back to the threads original purpose and end this silliness
StaffordFan
Dogsey Junior

25-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by betchyacan
Originally Posted by CBT

Tatty Ta.

I very much doubt they do!! I dont think any of us are going to get through to these guys, they are to cliquey, to want to learn or stand on their own 2 feet.
I ask regarding "work" as my husband is loafing about here behind me and asked me to ask as he is highly amused. He is amused with my taste in canines for starters(staffies of course) says that the ones i have and the few that seen in the crufts ring couldnt do a days ramble with him in his vermin control rounds let alone tackle the vermin. Men.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 05:46 PM
i know a few chaps who "work" their staffs in the sense of using their dogs to kill vermin, Ive been told they can make good hunting dogs. I havent done much in the way of that with mine, they are too slow to catch much if it gets a head start although they will give it their best go!
betchyacan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-01-2005, 05:46 PM
So, back to the topic of irish staffs, I think we should have some pictures now instead of debates - If you remember this actually started out in the breeds section and was a place to post pics of irish type dogs not to debate their worth etc

apologies for it being posted again, but it is my fave pic of him

lets see some of your dogs folks, then we can get back to the threads original purpose and end this silliness [/quote]

ahh BUT, gotta get the last word now eh?? this is now the heated debate section, not the irish staff section, so whos off topic now! lolol! (Sarcasm!!!)
StaffordFan
Dogsey Junior

25-01-2005, 05:48 PM

Thats a HUGE staffie mine are not like that. I will try and get my technology minded nephew to get me a few pics up here for you.
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »