View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Such a dilemma for you Aitch. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't....

You and Zena will be in my thoughts Monday

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
My dear Helena - I know exactly what you are going through right now; it is totally horrible and everything else in one's life (housework, eating, shopping etc.) seems to be an inconsequential nuisance. Nobody can make the week go faster for you, but all things pass eventually and these few days until Monday will too.

This procedure has to be done, and as long as you trust the people who will be handling your lovely dog then that is all that matters. It sounds as if you do.

I am hoping and praying that this time next week the whole issue is totally resolved, and that she is back home with you.
Oh you're so right there Sally, my fridge and cupboards have never been so empty, what with this, then Georgie at the other vet the boiler breaking down last night leaving us with no hot water then Dave doing 12 hours on the road today, coming home to a few lettuce leaves on a plate with not much else, and the thought of yet another cold shower, but at least Zena is ok now!!! We've since remembered we have an electric shower in the bathroom downstairs which we never use though!!!!! Poor Dave!!! Yes, everything else has paled into insignificance really, and the reason I cancelled tomorrow was not only to see how she goes, but also coz I have my van change-over on Saturday and the way my week's been going, well, something would be bound to happen over the week-end wouldn't it! I'm so very pleased that Zena is fine with this new food regime, that could be because it's smooth, it's easy to digest, or could it be she's got rid of anything that might have been hindering her digestion, you just don't know do you, so yes, it's got to be done. I'd like to say I trust them, I certainly trust the lady vet who'll be doing it, and they are a huge animal hospital with all the facilities, so I can't really do any other can I. They must do this day in day out the way she was talking to me, saying it's not intrusive and Zena will be just as good when I pick her up as she was when I dropped her off, so I'm buying that for now! thanks Sally.xxx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Such a dilemma for you Aitch. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't....

You and Zena will be in my thoughts tomorrow

x0x
Precisely!!! Out of interest Vicki, coz I do value your opinion, would you do the same as me though???
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Hah.........snap. Once again I have total empathy for you because our boiler went wrong on Friday; it is now fixed, sort of. There is still a tiny leak from the cold water pipe in the airing cupboard They will have to come back for about the 5th time.

Plug on Helena, nobody could do more for their dogs than you - if there is any justice then both Georgie and Zena will come sailing through........leaving you like a piece of wet string, but happy.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
oh no poor Zena. I am so sorry I missed all this and missed passing on some positive vibes.

So there are a truck load on the way to you both xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes, Aitch, I would......

*Hugs* - I know you're in turmoil.....

x0x
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Bloomin heck!! am away for few days and missed all this!!

I really think you have you go through with the vets recommendations just to rule out anything sinister and to put some peace in your mind.

If it were me I would carry on with the new feeding regime at least until results are in.

As always, sending huge vibes for Zena and also for the gorgeous Georgie.

Try not to worry too much so neither pick up on it.

Hugs to you too
xxx
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Sending you and Zena all my best wishes for today...

I really hope you get all the answers you need today...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Sorry to read you are no nearer a diagnosis Helen I do think though that you should be brave and go through with the investigation. I think for peace of mind it is the only way to go.
Glad to hear she is keeping her food down and seeming in good health and spirits just now
Will be thinking of you both next Monday x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Oh, just popped in to send some good luck vibes and see you've got to wait longer H, what a horrible time for you to have to dwell on things.

Ah well, if nothing else, these good luck vibes are growing by the day so they will be enormous for you and Zena on Monday. xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Still sending those vibes and will do until Monday x
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >