Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Meganrose
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]

After a fun afternoon playing with Ozzy on the beach, Dinky thanked Anne-Marie and she took Dinky to the station and put him on the train to go home......................

Dinky hasn't turned up ? But a postcard did
Megan read it before she got out of her pj's or even brushed her hair.

and guess what? Ozzy likes Megan's picture

Megan would like to say thank you to Anne-Marie and Ozzy.
AWWW that is so lovely!

Ozzy has asked me to tell you how much he enjoyed Dinkys stay and that he is welcome back anytime.

Huge thanks to Megan for her brilliant finger-painting and lovely letter, she is very articulate for her age too
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 08:07 PM
dinkys threa is the first thread i read when i come on dogsey and all my kids are grown up
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Dinky arrives at last......in Liverpool

A gentle tap on the shoulder and Dinky woke up to look straight at the ticket collector. A chubby man, with a ruddy complexion and a little neat mustache, which curled up at the sides. "Come on mate, all off now" "All off" said Dinky "what do you mean?” "You have to get off now, this train stops here" "Where's here?” enquired Dinky. "You're at Liverpool mate,” replied the ticket collector. "Oh no" said Dinky "I must have been asleep for ages and missed my stop" Dinky told the ticket collector all about his journeys and how he had planned to visit Megan. Listening in to the conversation was a beetle....a little red one with six white spots on his back. He introduced himself to Dinky and told him that he was on a sightseeing visit to Liverpool and all about his friend Jenny who lived here. Bertie was his name and he asked if Dinky would like to go with him, and Dinky thought that would be really nice and so off they set.

They went to meet Jenny, and she made them a lovely meal of Lasagne and salad. Dinky enjoyed the lasagne and although he wasn't too keen on the salad he ate it all up as he knows that salad good for him, and he wanted to be polite. Bertie actually preferred the salad and gobbled it all up. His table manners weren't all that good though and he let out a big burp after eating his meal. Dinky blushed a little, although Bertie wasn't at all embarrassed, and Jenny's dog Bongo just turned her head away.

After they'd helped Jenny wash up the pots and said thank you for their lovely meal they set off to see the sights and sounds of Liverpool. It was quite a pleasant day, not as hot as it had been lately but, mainly sunny with just a few clouds passing by in the gentle breeze. On their way they passed all manner of people and places. They passed Penny Lane, lots of streets and houses and even some Strawberry fields along the way.

In Liverpool there were people form all around the world...many different cultures and religions. Jenny is a teacher and she helped explain all about Liverpool's past and how people from all over the world had settled there. Some of what Jenny explained about how Liverpool used to bring slaves into the docks on big ships made Dinky and Bertie very sad and Dinky had a tear in his eye. They looked around The Museum of Liverpool life and there they learned all aspects about Liverpool's history and what life is like there. They saw exhibits about the football clubs, Liverpool and Everton and learned that a lot of people supported their favorite club and that when they go to watch matches there, the cop (a sort of choir, sing to cheer on their club). Dinky and Bertie think that Liverpool is a wonderful city with so much to do and see.

Jenny decided it would be nice to do something to cheer the boys up and they went to look around the Blue Planet Aquarium, which they really enjoyed. Next they went to The Mersey side Maritime Museum. Then of course they went to see The Beatles Experience....which wasn't quite what Bertie was expecting but, he thoroughly enjoyed it anyway! Dinky thought it was brilliant as Megan's mummy often played music by the Beatles and Dinky thought about all that he could tell her. He wondered if she knew that Ringo (one of the Beatles) did the voice for Thomas The Tank Engine, which is one of Megan's favorite TV programs.

Time was getting on and they thought that they had just got enough time to see one last thing and they went to see Liverpool Cathedral Church. On the way they grabbed a hot dog off a stall as they were feeling peckish again. Some pigeons (who have absolutely no table manners) tried to snatch the food of Bertie and Dinky but, Bongo growled at them and they flew off again. They went up the Cathedral Tower higher and higher, at first on a lift but then up the stairs to the top. They were glad they had though because out of the top they could see all of Liverpool and the river Mersey, the Wirral Peninsular, and even the Welsh hills.

Jenny had to leave to go home as it was getting so late and Bongo was getting tired after all of their adventures. Jenny promised to send Megan a card from Dinky and Dinky thanked Jenny and Bongo for chasing off those pigeons, then he settled down, as after all 'it's been a hard days night'........................

Billy Bob and Fleur stopped playing when they heard the postman arrive as they wondered if there might be news of Dinky?

and do you know what......there is

and this made Megan so very happy that she could burst!

Megan would like to say a huge thank you to Jenny. XX
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Me too I love Dinkys tales!

Isn't Megan just gorgeous!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
Me too I love Dinkys tales!

Isn't Megan just gorgeous!
Aw thank you Anne-Marie. I think so (but then perhaps I'm a tiny bit bias)
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Oh that was a great adventure. Can't wait for the next instalment!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Hurray!!!!! I never knew I was such a good tour guide
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 11:26 AM
megan has such a lovely smile, such a pretty little girl hey thats my adopted grandaughter ther LOL
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Aw thanks again guys. I think Megan has a full adoptive family on here....it's lovely!
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-08-2006, 05:41 PM
what can i say that has'nt been said before . bring on the next instolment , and get publishing .
Page 11 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »