Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
lol well you havent seen Mia then!! she does her tricks to Ben
Lots of their tricks are to improve their confidence and awareness of their bodies - which helps them romp and play in the woods taking jumps without hurting themselves

as for doing them just for the reward
Quite often the act of doing the trick or whatever is the reward in itself once they have been trained well enough

Both my dogs happily and joyfully run a whole agility course with no sausage

Its up to you what you think, you know I disagree with the showing world, I know you disagree with dog sports! Doubt we are ever gonna change each others minds
I think you are right there.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I dont get any money from training my dogs tricks - and in the main most people dont even see my dogs tricks - its something we do together for fun.
and in no way whatsoever are they bullied or forced, most tricks I try and figure how to let them learn themselves without me even touching them
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I didnt even read your post, honestly, had no intention of. If you want to use your dogs in such a way, you go ahead, I just feel very sorry for them. Please dont think for one second thats I think you teach them to perform for any other reason than to procure money from their hire. People are not that stupid to believe that, and if it were true, you wouldnt do it, would you?

Regardless of that, my point was that your mother saw fit to imply people were "kidding themselves" and that they were wrong, when perhaps they may just not have been.
I am not sure why I am bothering to reply....as you will not read it...

But...do you really think people teach their dogs these things just so they can make money from them...or is that just me?

I fell into film work with the dogs completely by accident....and I had been training dogs to do all these things a fair few years before that came along!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I am not sure why I am bothering to reply....as you will not read it...

But...do you really think people teach their dogs these things just so they can make money from them...or is that just me?

I fell into film work with the dogs completely by accident....and I had been training dogs to do all these things a fair few years before that came along!
No, but I think you and your mother do. If you were not interested in getting money for the tricks you have taught these dogs, you wouldnt advertise, period! Your choice, I prefer to keep my dogs for my pleasure and not to make money from them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I dont get any money from training my dogs tricks - and in the main most people dont even see my dogs tricks - its something we do together for fun.
and in no way whatsoever are they bullied or forced, most tricks I try and figure how to let them learn themselves without me even touching them
Nor do you advertise them for hire.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Warning: this video contains a dog learning a trick and having fun. SOME people may find the contents offensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7EWQ9pgULE
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:38 PM
No, but I think you and your mother do. If you were not interested in getting money for the tricks you have taught these dogs, you wouldnt advertise, period! Your choice, I prefer to keep my dogs for my pleasure and not to make money from them.
So...Pippin - the feral dog - who has taken years to rehab....
Polly...who is blind.....and came with huge aggression issues....George (RIP) who also had huge aggression issues (and the rest)....Rusty....the 16year old terrier from down the road...Coo - the rescue from Spain....

You really have no idea....I am disgusted and sickened that you feel these dogs have been kept for no other reason than to make money from them....all these dogs learnt tricks....they would all sit....and retrieve a ball....and guess what....never earned a penny.

Yes - I advertise my business....my dogs are my life....they are will me all the time and I spend a lot of time training and working with them, and I train dogs for a living (not mine).
They are not brought for the purposes of my business or my hobby's, they are not discarded if they do not come up to scratch......

I am just glad that the people who matter can truly understand how much joy can come from training dogs.
I will get out of this thread now, I am glad that there are a few people who have met me and my guys and understand how much my dogs mean to me as obviously, dawn, you have no idea.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
So...Pippin - the feral dog - who has taken years to rehab....
Polly...who is blind.....and came with huge aggression issues....George (RIP) who also had huge aggression issues (and the rest)....Rusty....the 16year old terrier from down the road...Coo - the rescue from Spain....

You really have no idea....I am disgusted and sickened that you feel these dogs have been kept for no other reason than to make money from them....all these dogs learnt tricks....they would all sit....and retrieve a ball....and guess what....never earned a penny.

Yes - I advertise my business....my dogs are my life....they are will me all the time and I spend a lot of time training and working with them, and I train dogs for a living (not mine).
They are not brought for the purposes of my business or my hobby's, they are not discarded if they do not come up to scratch......

I am just glad that the people who matter can truly understand how much joy can come from training dogs.
I will get out of this thread now, I am glad that there are a few people who have met me and my guys and understand how much my dogs mean to me as obviously, dawn, you have no idea.
Great, im chuffed for you, really. The dogs I rescued lived as pets with me, they didnt need to do a thing for me. Im happy with that, if you want yours to perform and make you money, fine.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Warning: this video contains a dog learning a trick and having fun. SOME people may find the contents offensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7EWQ9pgULE
Nowt offensive in that, stupid to me, but certainly not offensive.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Nowt offensive in that, stupid to me, but certainly not offensive.
Please tell me what is stupid about that video?
Page 11 of 36 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »