Female 

29-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Great news H.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Claire, that'd be great, but I'm thinking we do the track around the bird sanctuary this time, so Zena won't go manic coz I don't want to chance anything with the healing process, especially with my luck and hers by the looks of it!!!

Re: old Georgieboy, this has never happened in history, even when Zena first arrived and pestered the life out of him and played out in the garden, he's never suffered with his back end, but I'm strongly suspecting pounding up and down the hard road surfaces have taken it's toll on him, he needs nice soft turf at his age, and that's what he'll get this week! He has moved, so he's not totally disabled, but I'm sure he's hurting. I'm gonna bite the bullet and give him a 2nd steroid tonight coz they're painkillers in themselves, and if nothing else, he'll sleep well tonight! xxxxxx
that's fine by me. whatever suits zena we shall do!

i agree with you about georgie. dylan doesn't do well on pavement walks any more and having had back problems myself i know i could walk quite a long way on grass but could barely get to the end of the driveway on concrete! the stress it can put our joints is incredible!

hope he's back to normal tomorrow morning bless him! xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
Brilliant news Helen
Thanks liverbird, and she's back to driving us nuts as only a shepherd puppy knows how!!! Thank God for that though! xxx

Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Great news H.
Thanks AM, now it's Georgie's turn to be pampered! xxx

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
that's fine by me. whatever suits zena we shall do!

i agree with you about georgie. dylan doesn't do well on pavement walks any more and having had back problems myself i know i could walk quite a long way on grass but could barely get to the end of the driveway on concrete! the stress it can put our joints is incredible!

hope he's back to normal tomorrow morning bless him! xxx
Thanks Claire. Poor Georgie, I watched him go outside, coz he was walking absolutely fine indoors, so I wondered why he couldn't handle the stone chippings, and then I checked his feet!!!!!! Poor boy has worn away his back pads but only that very big one behind, so I've slapped on the Savlon gel and put socks on all his four feet, black ones, he looks quite trendy now!!!! Well, he's gotta keep up with Zena in that t-shirt hasn't he!!!

OMG, I do hope they heal well, and he definitely won't be coming out with us until they've healed over, poor, poor little man, and there I was thinking it was his joints, but that will never happen with one of my shepherds I hope, never has and never will! Jeeeeze, why didn't I think of feet earlier on before going for joints!!!!! He's the latest patient then coz Zena is a complete loooooon tonight, and she's just had another handful of food, chicken and mash, coz I'm doing little and often atm now that she's ravenously hungry again, I can't risk overloading her and creating more problems. I'm desperate to see a poo though, coz we've had absolutely nothing today, not even a pile of orange porridge! Lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2009, 08:40 PM
not even a pile of orange porridge! Lol!
Oh you do have a way with words H I hope I've forgotten that one when I have my morning porridge tomorrow as I always do

Poor Georgie I'm sure those socks will do the trick
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Just been checking on the net Layla, and it appears you can do two doses a day but you have to give the same dose twice a day, so I'm going for it!!! This little extract quote "Body weight 18 to 36Kg. Average daily dosage 4 to 8mg." unquote, tells me his 2mg a day is a VERY low dose for his weight anyway, so it won't harm him and can only make him feel better, I'm sure! Thanks for your help, I'm going for it!!!! xxxxx
Georgie is on a very low dose (my 18kg dog was on 10mg twice a day at the end )and upping it will be fine,just dont suddenly stop them,if you double up today give him half dose tommorow then a day off back to his normal routine.(do u get what i mean?)
{{hugs }}all round again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh you do have a way with words H I hope I've forgotten that one when I have my morning porridge tomorrow as I always do

Poor Georgie I'm sure those socks will do the trick
Lol H, but you're safe with your breakfast now, coz she's now produced a normal poo for me in almost a normal colour, so go ahead and enjoy your breakfast without thinking of Zena!!! xxxx

I think we're ok now, so thanks everyone for your lovely messages of support, and here endeth yet another looooong old saga! I think!!! Coz she was fine this morning, until we went on a 15 min road walk and now she's gone all funny on me again, won't eat and just wants to sleep, and I want to get out but I'm frightened of leaving her like this Oh bladdy h*ll!!! Wound looks a bit red again, but only on the sutures, so I'm supposing that's fine? I might ring the vet and ask!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:39 AM
A phone call will not hurt if nothing else it might help relieve your mind. She had an op and maybe still recovering and she has been up and down since then so it could still be effecting her in some regards.
Have you got a full head of grey hair yet?
Hugs to you, Zena and Georgie
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Christ Emma, I don't have any hair left, let alone grey ones!!!!! xxxxx

Just taken temperature, 38. something, so that's normal enough, I'm going shopping, I think she's just tired coz she has been on the go since 6.00 am. yaaaaaaawn!!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:52 AM
aw helen! i think i feel more sorry for you now!! maybe as she hasn't been eating properly her energy levels won't be fantastic at the moment. that could explain her tiredness this morning. just a thought!

hugs to you all!! xxxxx
Page 11 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »