Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I have a copy of the email too and it's disgusting. I'm glad it was deleted.
Yeah me also Pidge. No need for that reply imo as I was only asking re tape etc as stated it had happened to me and I was reported for seemingly leaving my dogs out all day in all weather lol But hey ho with his attitude to responses on here God love the neighbours who maybe had been concerned lol
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

When my son got reported after the RSPCA went I stuck a big huge poster in his front window......it read.....Thank you to whoever reported my dogs to the RSPCA, what a lovely Inspector we had a cup of tea and she was very happy with what she saw. I hope however that whoever you are, you realise that you wasted her precious time.
and personally I'd do that again too, then they know you know and you can walk around head held high

Best wishes hun xxxx
I also put a big poster on my front gate afterwards saying something similar but being reported in itself has a very odd effect on you, even if it is completely unfounded. I lived in a very small close of only 5 houses and had lived there for about 5 years when it happened and all the neighbours had been there much longer, we all got on well, they also knew Dudley's history of breaking his neck as pup and all that entailed to get him back to full health, and any friends would have been fully aware of it too so I have no idea who or why and no clues either, it's unnerving to say the least and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
My neighbour reported the people the other side for `leaving their garden full of dog poo and being a health hazard.`
But as the woman who reported it is as dim as an energy-saving light bulb she gave the Dog Warden the wrong house number so she came round to me - a little puzzled as she knew me, and my dogs.
As we stood in my poo-free garden we noticed that the complainant`s fence was down the other side, leaving her an open view into the garden the other side. The guy in question is disabled (can`t bend) and therefore his wife would clean up after their dog in the evening after work.
So the woman was complaining about the fact the poo wasn`t picked up for a few hours.
All complaints have to be checked out - but maybe they should be able to fine time-wasters?
I agree fully.
When I was there (not sure if this till stands by the way) we started refusing to take anon calls, stating that if the complainant was not willing to give a name the complaint will be taken but not put on priorty.
That did seem to get at least 95% giving thier names, but I do feel a fine whilst helping to sort out malicious calls, word of mouth may deter the real ones not to ring.....its a hard call hun xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I also put a big poster on my front gate afterwards saying something similar but being reported in itself has a very odd effect on you, even if it is completely unfounded. I lived in a very small close of only 5 houses and had lived there for about 5 years when it happened and all the neighbours had been there much longer, we all got on well, they also knew Dudley's history of breaking his neck as pup and all that entailed to get him back to full health, and any friends would have been fully aware of it too so I have no idea who or why and no clues either, it's unnerving to say the least and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
It is indeed. I know my son was devastated.
But as I said to him, he had not done what was reported (kicking his one dog to almost deaths door ) he needed to rise above it. Hope you can too hun xxxx hugs
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
It is indeed. I know my son was devastated.
But as I said to him, he had not done what was reported (kicking his one dog to almost deaths door ) he needed to rise above it. Hope you can too hun xxxx hugs
Oh it's ancient history and I no longer live there anyway, although that's not the reason I moved as I lived there for 10 years after that before moving away.
I don't know what the answer is regarding malicious calls tbh.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I was reported by my immediate neighbours to the RSPCA, the Police and Local Authority in an attempt to force me to get rid of my dogs or to get the dogs seized.

It is frustrating and I did get to the point where I thought "why the hell should I let these people look at my dogs". But I acknowledged they had a job to do, they saw the dogs, they saw my garden (when they got the complaint that it was full of dog poo and the dogs had to stand up all day), they saw how and where the dogs were living, eating, sleeping etc and were happy.

I eventually (after about 8 visits from different authorities) get to the point where I said that if there were any more complaints, I knew it was my neighbours (so there was no point in them saying they couldn't tell me because of Data Protection) and they would be done for harrassment.

I didn't get any more complaints after that so I'm sure they must've told them. Aside form that, I think they ran out of people to complain to.

I didn't put a notice in my window but I did write a letter that listed all of the complaints, times dates, and especially what happened to Yiannis, with photos of Yiannis's injuries after being attacked by the guy who lives next door. The letter went out to all my imediate neighbours and them some (about 50 houses in all).

As my neighbours live in a Council owned property, letters of complaint were sent to Housing by myself and a few other neighbours and the guy across the road set up a petition with over 100 signatures to get rid of them. Nothing happened. When I reported the attack on Yiannis to the Police they told me to go to the RSCPA (so they don't deal with criminal damage and burglary anymore - no surprise there really). When I reported it to the RSPCA they told me it was a Police matter. About 3 weeks after the attack I had a call from the RSCPA stating that I had to call back the Inspector on her mobile if I wanted her to investigate (WTF!). I did call in the finish and left a few messages but never heard anything back. I gave up with them soon after.
I complained to the Police about they way they handled it (or rather, how they did nothing) and an Inspector Rees (originally from Nechells maybe I think?) started looking into it. Then just stopped. No results. No reports. No final comments. No investigation. NOTHING! Again, another public authority that just couldn't be bothered.

To have malicious complaints made about you is horrible, even on a good day. There's no reason, it wastes everyone's time and I was actually worried, even though I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. Why should I feel that way when those in the wrong were my neighbours?

Anyway, they don't bother us now (and fortunately have stopped chucking dangerous stuff over the fence). We ignore them too. The fun part is when I take Zane out for a walk and the miserable old cow who also lives there is coming back. She won't walk down her own front path until I go out of my gate and the opposite way with Zane. I have been known to just stand there for a while, just to see what she does. Zane wouldn't hurt her but she doesn't know that. A little mean I know but I don't care. I've never had an apology. I just get dirty looks from them and snide comments under their breath. Standing there with Zane, allowing her to go first down her path, I think is the LEAST I can do.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 09:58 PM
well, this thread has progressed quite a bit since i was last on the OP seems very rude, and i am glad some of his posts have been deleted as seeing people behave in such a way (from what i can gather his posts were about) really angers me. there is just no need for it.

for me personally, if i had a visit from the SSPCA/RSPCA, i would be shocked and probably upset that someone has called but i wouldnt get angry about it (provided i knew it wasnt malicious). the RSPCA get so much stick from people on here (there have been numerous threads on it!) about doing nothing, but when they do check out complaints, they still get it! same as the people who report it (again, as long as it isnt malicious!). if someone saw what they thought was, or could be, cruelty and didnt report it, i am sure most people on here wouldnt agree with that, and would urge them to report it. yet, if they report it and it isnt cruelty and/or neglect, then people react like they should be stoned! its better to be safe than sorry. if i saw what i considered cruelty, then i would report it. if i was wrong, then i would still feel glad that i made sure... how terrible would i feel if i let it go, and i was infact right and something happened to the dog in question (or any animal).
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
I was reported by my immediate neighbours to the RSPCA, the Police and Local Authority in an attempt to force me to get rid of my dogs or to get the dogs seized.

It is frustrating and I did get to the point where I thought "why the hell should I let these people look at my dogs". But I acknowledged they had a job to do, they saw the dogs, they saw my garden (when they got the complaint that it was full of dog poo and the dogs had to stand up all day), they saw how and where the dogs were living, eating, sleeping etc and were happy.

I eventually (after about 8 visits from different authorities) get to the point where I said that if there were any more complaints, I knew it was my neighbours (so there was no point in them saying they couldn't tell me because of Data Protection) and they would be done for harrassment.

I didn't get any more complaints after that so I'm sure they must've told them. Aside form that, I think they ran out of people to complain to.

I didn't put a notice in my window but I did write a letter that listed all of the complaints, times dates, and especially what happened to Yiannis, with photos of Yiannis's injuries after being attacked by the guy who lives next door. The letter went out to all my imediate neighbours and them some (about 50 houses in all).

As my neighbours live in a Council owned property, letters of complaint were sent to Housing by myself and a few other neighbours and the guy across the road set up a petition with over 100 signatures to get rid of them. Nothing happened. When I reported the attack on Yiannis to the Police they told me to go to the RSCPA (so they don't deal with criminal damage and burglary anymore - no surprise there really). When I reported it to the RSPCA they told me it was a Police matter. About 3 weeks after the attack I had a call from the RSCPA stating that I had to call back the Inspector on her mobile if I wanted her to investigate (WTF!). I did call in the finish and left a few messages but never heard anything back. I gave up with them soon after.
I complained to the Police about they way they handled it (or rather, how they did nothing) and an Inspector Rees (originally from Nechells maybe I think?) started looking into it. Then just stopped. No results. No reports. No final comments. No investigation. NOTHING! Again, another public authority that just couldn't be bothered.

To have malicious complaints made about you is horrible, even on a good day. There's no reason, it wastes everyone's time and I was actually worried, even though I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. Why should I feel that way when those in the wrong were my neighbours?

Anyway, they don't bother us now (and fortunately have stopped chucking dangerous stuff over the fence). We ignore them too. The fun part is when I take Zane out for a walk and the miserable old cow who also lives there is coming back. She won't walk down her own front path until I go out of my gate and the opposite way with Zane. I have been known to just stand there for a while, just to see what she does. Zane wouldn't hurt her but she doesn't know that. A little mean I know but I don't care. I've never had an apology. I just get dirty looks from them and snide comments under their breath. Standing there with Zane, allowing her to go first down her path, I think is the LEAST I can do.
Sometimes it can be frustrating especially when someone like yourself has had so many visits. So it was definately the guy next door then with Yiannis attack, only I know you told me in your pm it was your EX.
How did you find out, well done you, surprised that nothing was done now you have positive proof though....I'd be mad anout that too
Page 11 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11