View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Its quite clear that Stewart started the touchy questions and he doesnt seem to be able to back up his statements with fact. AMTS repeatedly asked him, yet no reply. His answer to me was, well all can read it so what are we expected to believe of him?

How about the thread gets locked and that will be the end of it.
Dawn.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2005, 06:29 PM
that's a good idea
Lock the thread because some people don't agree with you

Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Its quite clear that Stewart started the touchy questions and he doesnt seem to be able to back up his statements with fact. AMTS repeatedly asked him, yet no reply. His answer to me was, well all can read it so what are we expected to believe of him?

How about the thread gets locked and that will be the end of it.
Dawn.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 06:33 PM
HaHa Stewart, typical. I suggest you read your own posts before critising other peoples, then I would suggest you do your homework so you have sufficient back up to accompany your loose statements, then perhaps people on here will be a little more tolerant.
Dawn.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2005, 07:35 PM
i think you all need to cool down, i don't believe in hunting i can understand the need to some degree keeping control of numbers etc but it doesn't mean i have to like the way numbers are controlled.
i would think there is better ways of hunting or controlling numbers without the use of dogs regarless of its a fox or birds etc.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-08-2005, 09:46 PM
I havent got time to read this thread right now so am Locking it untill I do. I will look at this thread and will bear it in mind along with the poll in the User Feedback section when deciding about what to do about the 'working dogs' section.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Ok, I've had a quick look through it and apart from it getting a bit 'heavy' in some places it's not worth locking indefinately, however don't let things get personal!!! Just because someone doesn't believe the same thing as you it doesn't give you the right to have a go at them and niether should you call someone a trouble maker for making their feelings known.

Remember that I will be bearing this thread in mind when it comes to deciding about the working section.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 12:16 AM
This won't be a popular comment Azz, but I think the fact that the subject causes such emotive feelings both ways should be cause for concern when considering if to include hunting.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2005, 12:20 AM
I agree it did get a bit out of hand and i drifted off topic slightly.
It is a thread were emotions run high and i didn't mean any offence to
Borderdawn, Steve, amts or anyone else.
We all have our own opinions.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
This won't be a popular comment Azz, but I think the fact that the subject causes such emotive feelings both ways should be cause for concern when considering if to include hunting.
Yes you are right and as I stated at the outset, opening up the working dogs section would be based on a number of things - and I will take all this into account. Past dicussions / peoples feelings / how it effects the atmosphere etc etc..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 09:14 AM
No it wouldnt, cos if you were not interested, you wouldnt look, same as any other thread.
DAwn.

p.s No offence taken here Stewart or indeed intended on my part.
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >