Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I think I am being ignored

If they don't hurt why not use a vibrating collar.

Why won't you be a guinea pig using a shock collar?. I am sure you would learn faster after all you say the dogs do.

I could teach you to spell by using one.

rune

You're not alone rune ~ I think I'm on AP's ignore button too

Despite asking numerous times for AP to have an e-collar attached, be zapped by a Dogsey member on video so we can all see that it apparently doesn't hurt, as Adam claims, he has completely failed to even acknowledge these requests, let alone accept or decline the invitation.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Most vibrate collars are not adjustable, so you don't have the capacity to use it at the dogs working level ect.

I have no interest in appearing in a video were you turn the collar up to full and blast me with it while I do nothing but comment its mildly uncomfortable, you would probably accuse me of using a modified/broken collar et.

Adam
But we have a huge interest in seeing a video where we "turn the collar up to full and blast (you) with it while (you) do nothing but comment its mildly uncomfortable".

At least you've at last acknowledged these requests, even if you've declined to prove that what you say is true!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
What is really nice is that I know there will be plenty of people on here who know me and have known me for ages, some of them (and some who have not) and who know that I'm good at debating and usually pleasant and friendly, even though that may not be coming across right now

Wys
IMO Wys is one of the most knowledgeable, helpful & friendly people on this site. So I'm glad to see that MichaelM's apologised & now recognises that his posts were out of order.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Thoughts on Wys?

One of the good guys and one who's always there ready to listen - whether dog related or not
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 10:51 AM
The ecollar mob are popping up in other places.....
is there nowhere free of this menace?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Let's clear this up once and for all because I really do hate liars and deceivers.

"Strange APBC wants to ban collars, strange because in Aug 2009 one of its members, Professor Mills of Lincoln University, was confronted by ECMA and as a result he then had to contact DEFRA and tell them he did not know enough about collars to continue a study contract for DEFRA, so if APBCs’ most eminent member knew nothing about collars I doubt any of them know anything, in which case they can have no opinion on them".

Are you happy for me to send the above statement to the contacts you mention at DEFRA and also to Professor Mills to ask for the validity of the statement in respect of the Government funded study? I cannot do so without permission as I am unsure of internet copyrite etiquette
I would have thought that since this is a public forum, statements made here can be assumed to be in the public domain.
Steve10
New Member!
Male 

26-01-2011, 11:45 AM
1. E-collar group: Trainers with experience of use of e-collars, using e-collars as part of their training
programme.
2. Control A: Trainers with experience of use of e-collars, not using e-collars as part of their training
programme.
3. Control B: Trainers who do not normally use e-collars in training, not using e-collars as part of their training programme
This is an interesting 4 day study, its not just a study on e-collars its also studying training dogs with chase problems without a collar by 2 different type trainers. I can understand Control group B that must be positive training but control group C seems to maybe studying or testing someone who uses collars to see if they understand positive as well or if they do something else which is neither. So that might end up as a study 3 different training methods which i dont think has been done before.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Steve10 View Post
This is an interesting 4 day study, its not just a study on e-collars its also studying training dogs with chase problems without a collar by 2 different type trainers. I can understand Control group B that must be positive training but control group C seems to maybe studying or testing someone who uses collars to see if they understand positive as well or if they do something else which is neither. So that might end up as a study 3 different training methods which i dont think has been done before.
It may be if there was more information, but the 'snippet' says nothing about whether other physical aversives will or will not be used, how many subjects are involved, what the study procedure is etc.

Who is carrying this one out?
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 12:48 PM
An interesting article by Sophia Yin:

Are Electronic Shock Collars Painful or Just Annoying to Dogs? A New Study Reveals Some Answers
Posted On: Tuesday, January 25th, 2011
By Sophia Yin, DVM, MS

It references previous studies which have been mentioned on this thread.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
It may be if there was more information, but the 'snippet' says nothing about whether other physical aversives will or will not be used, how many subjects are involved, what the study procedure is etc.

Who is carrying this one out?
Who is steve10?

rune
Closed Thread
Page 108 of 206 « First < 8 58 98 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 118 158 > Last »