Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
As I have said before, I do understand your point of view. But, think of it this way, a puppy being brought into this situation will grow up with it, and think of it as the norm. This may in fact be better than an older dog who is used to company all the time, suddenly being without?
You may be right. Time will tell.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
As I have said before, I do understand your point of view. But, think of it this way, a puppy being brought into this situation will grow up with it, and think of it as the norm. This may in fact be better than an older dog who is used to company all the time, suddenly being without?

That is a very good point!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
(((hugs))) hun, that guilt is not for you to carry xxxx
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw hun You poor soul, what a rotten, heartless b******!!! So glad you now have Pat
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
YoungStevie, that is horrendous! Utterly awful. I wish you wouldn't feel guilt about though, that is NOT your fault. The guy is an utter ****.
Thanks guys......anyway we have Pat now....and are we happy....YES WE ARE
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
We are, we love Pat (from what I can tell ;o)

Yes, time will tell. Woody is so loved guys, I can assure you he will be a happy little chappie, just wait and see ;o)

(p.s. just got back from a day at parents in law as is my husband's birthday. Woody came with us and was on his best behaviour. He settled in nicely at their house and even has his own bed there now)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 10:02 PM
We are, we love Pat (from what I can tell ;o)

Yes, time will tell. Woody is so loved guys, I can assure you he will be a happy little chappie, just wait and see ;o)

(p.s. just got back from a day at parents in law as is my husband's birthday. Woody came with us and was on his best behaviour. He settled in nicely at their house and even has his own bed there now)
Awwwww thats so sweet. Hun if you adore Woody, like I think you do....I wish you all the best,I don't think you'll go far wrong with him xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Awwwww thats so sweet. Hun if you adore Woody, like I think you do....I wish you all the best,I don't think you'll go far wrong with him xx
Thank you my lovely. I love him so much that sometimes it's just abit scary! I've wanted my own dog my whole life but have had to wait until I was 32 to be able to do it! He is more than I ever thought he would be to me and I want nothing but the best for him.

I was saying earlier today that you can listen to advice and read books/google information online all you like but the best way to raise a puppy is to understand him as an individual. That may sound nuts but my husband and I really feel confident that we know Woody and we know what is best for him. (It's just sometimes it's best to seek a little reassurance form friends - you lot!! ;o)
bobbym
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-12-2008, 11:30 PM
the crate will be a sanctuary for him and he will be relaxed on his own as long as you treated him like a dog and not a child while you were not working. problems start when we humanise dogs . as long as he is part of your pack and he is not the leader then you will have no problems
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Thank you my lovely. I love him so much that sometimes it's just abit scary! I've wanted my own dog my whole life but have had to wait until I was 32 to be able to do it! He is more than I ever thought he would be to me and I want nothing but the best for him.

I was saying earlier today that you can listen to advice and read books/google information online all you like but the best way to raise a puppy is to understand him as an individual. That may sound nuts but my husband and I really feel confident that we know Woody and we know what is best for him. (It's just sometimes it's best to seek a little reassurance form friends - you lot!! ;o)
That doesn't sound nuts at all. I am really ''in touch'' with my animals........I can tell what they are thinking...don't know why, but they do ''tell'' me whats going on...Pat laughs and says ''it's spooky how you know just what is going on in thier heads''
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 09:12 AM

Its obvious you love Woody soooooooooooo much hun, and I know what you mean too, I waited so long for Jamie and he is my baby, I could not envisage life without him, I don't think you will go far wrong with Woody, he will excel with your love and he is one lucky pup....
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
No decent breeder would sell a pup to someone who has every intention of working full time and that is because they care about the welfare of the pups they sell .
Who are you to say that because you work full time you are not putting you dogs welfare 1st. Both me and my partner work full time and have 2 dogs. 2yo cocker bitch and a 18 month old collie x springer. They are in a create when im not there for their own safety. Dogs like routein and at 1st woody will not like the fact he is being left for so long on his own but that will be becuse he isnt use to it. Now i know that there are exceptions to the rule there are some dogs who will not be left and will stress too much when they are. How many people these days can have a partner who doesnt work or olny works part time. Not as many as do work full time.
ATD x
Page 10 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >