Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Just to update.

C-Fidos (Coalition for Improved Dog Ownership Standards) has received a response to questions from East Northamptonshire Council.

Since 1989 the premises has been licensed as a boarding kennel only.

A hundred St. Bernards and no breeding license.

This reflects very badly on East Northamptonshire Council who should have been conducting annual inspections and so picked up on the need for a breeding license and equally badly on the Accredited Breeder Scheme who, similarly, didn't seem to realise that this operation required licensing.
Thanks for that update, I for one am very interested, I want this woman severely screwed down for the suffering she has put these dogs through Karma! She'll get hers!!!!

You've also made a point of interest here for me, because I actually have a boarding kennels in my small village (well, just outside) and they breed St. Bernards, and I am going to make it my business to check with my local council as to whether they in fact have a licence to BOARD and BREED, if it appears you need a separate licence perhaps to do both!!! Not saying anything untoward is happening there, but I always had my doubts after taking my two gsd's there for grooming a few years back and didn't like what I saw then!

I would imagine these are very expensive dogs - more's the pity!!!!!
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Nice one John. not only is that a kick in the @r5e for her, unlicenced breeding, it's also a kick in the @r5e for the ABS, not even knowing what laws their members are supposed to be following
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Just to update.

C-Fidos (Coalition for Improved Dog Ownership Standards) has received a response to questions from East Northamptonshire Council.

Since 1989 the premises has been licensed as a boarding kennel only.

A hundred St. Bernards and no breeding license.

This reflects very badly on East Northamptonshire Council who should have been conducting annual inspections and so picked up on the need for a breeding license and equally badly on the Accredited Breeder Scheme who, similarly, didn't seem to realise that this operation required licensing.
Thanks for the update, John. Sickening, it really is. I hope she gets what she deserves.
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I hope she gets what she deserves.
Yup, and I also hope the dogs get what they deserve, a loving home. I have one right here
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Skooshbag View Post
Yup, and I also hope the dogs get what they deserve, a loving home. I have one right here
Yeah, me too. One of my work friends (lost their St Bernard due to old age) expressed an interest in owning one. They would be a decent home. However, when they enquired they were told that the dogs were still legally that womans. Don't know how long it has been but the sooner the dogs are found decent homes the better, IMO.
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-12-2008, 08:21 PM
The RSPCA can't do anything with the dogs until either the owner signs ownership over to them or until the courts make a decision.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Skooshbag View Post
The RSPCA can't do anything with the dogs until either the owner signs ownership over to them or until the courts make a decision.
I have a bad feeling it will be some time
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Why can't the RSPCA just claim responsibility for the dogs now? I don't get it.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Why can't the RSPCA just claim responsibility for the dogs now? I don't get it.
The law is such, I guess they do not have much power in these situations
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Im slightly confused as how to this "woman" could get away with this for so long especially as she is only licensed as a boarding kennels?
Page 10 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »