Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Heres what is says in another 2 papers both found on the net:

Record-breaking delivery.

An American Bulldog has given birth to a record-breaking litter.

Kaiser gave birth to twenty pups - the average is ten.

The pups, born in New Barnet, Hertfordshire, were fathered by fellow bulldog Mutley, reports The Sun.

Kaiser's owner Kerry New was shocked by the huge delivery but will be soon reaping the benefits as each dog is set to fetch up to £1,000.

The litter is now set to go in the Guinness Book of Records.

& Another one

This bundle of fur is believed to be the biggest litter ever . . . an amazing twenty pups.

And with each one worth up to £1,000, 22-year-old owner Kerry New is in for a hefty bonus too.

The puppies were born in New Barnet, Herts, to American Bull Dog Kaiser and fathered by Mutley, pictured right with Kerry.

Links:
Pics of pups n parents. its weird why are they calling the other dog a bulldog too?? when clearly in the same paper they show the parents...2 diff breed sof dog!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1069262.ece

http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2008/05...be-worlds.html

http://community.channel4.com/eve/fo...3/m/4600080399
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2008, 11:56 AM
The papers get everything wrong!
"The father fellow bulldog"??????
Well he doesnt look like a bulldog to me....or a am bulldog either...but then nor does the mother???
I think the father looks like a ddb type... but as we all know,the papers arent really ever very accurate when it come to reports about dogs are they!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Im just gona try and not get invoved in these type threads anymore.
I don't think that's necessary but I would like to clear up what I said - it seemed from what you were saying that you were the only one with a problem (hence the comment about 'is it cos I is black - it never is, it's just that it only seems to be the people that use it that have a problem with their race!).

I didn't know you were black and wasn't trying to be prejudiced in any way it was just that the 'Is it cos I is black' is well known as a parody to use when nobody has a problem with the race.

I sincerely apologise if you thought I was being rude.

I have to say, you really did dive in at the deep end with all this tosh about crossbreeds. People on here have a problem with purposely breeding crossbreeds with no thought for their health or welfare and then selling for hundreds of pounds - not with the dogs themselves.

So don't not join in debates, we should all be able to have an opinion on a subject, perhaps just try and see the real debate going on instead of pulling something up that nobody has a problem with!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
TUT TUT TUT.
Yeap she is not like to make owt if she don't get off her ar$e and help the poor bitch out, why did she cross her anyway's?

Oh yeap BYB.
Now that is a BYB.
Oh but why not? Didnt you know all bitches need to have a litter, crossbreeds are healthier and besides she probably needs a holiday after all the hard work she's put into this - so the money will come in handy for that!

sorry ZB just having a laff - couldnt agree with you more.

Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
It was in a National newspaper too, won't mention their name as they are Anti-Rottweiler

Giving them publicity like this will worsen the matter, they look like ordinary cross-breeds to me, haven't the foggiest how she could even think of charging £1000 for one!!! She will no doubt breed from the poor bitch again and again just to make money.

So sad
Absolutely right how many more nupties out there will be thinking oh what a great way to make money lets go breed our dog with the dog down the road.

Originally Posted by galty View Post
Interest how you start in sneering her saying she will breed again as she has made £20000 from a LITTER, (if she did)

And then saying that how would she cope if she got them all back.

Are you saying if a big litter is born all pups are no use and have to be returned(KILLED)???????

Or are you saying that any bitch that has a litter of only two or three pups are the same???????

Or is this an attack on the BREED?????????
I think most people on here are sneering at this - you might not have a problem with people breeding IMO unethically but most do.

Well how would she cope if half of them came back - do you really think they are going to be homed responsibly because from what I can see they werent bred responsibly.

Dont think its got that much to do with the size of the litter more how they were bred - the size of the litter is just a bonus for this person its given them the publicity to help them sell them at a ridiculous price.

What breed? How can this be an attack on a breed?

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
But the parents don't look liek the breeds they are supposed to be.......they look like crosses to nearly everyone on here, so that would make the pups mongrels.
Cross breed/mongrel - all the same!
I don't think anyone is on their 'high horse', just pointing out that 20 people are going to be spending an awful lot of money on an un health tested, cross bred dog, and the owner seems proud of the fact she will make a tonne of money.
And as long as people will pay for these or any mixes people will keep breeding them.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Oh but why not? Didnt you know all bitches need to have a litter, crossbreeds are healthier and besides she probably needs a holiday after all the hard work she's put into this - so the money will come in handy for that!

sorry ZB just having a laff - couldnt agree with you more.

Absolutely right how many more nupties out there will be thinking oh what a great way to make money lets go breed our dog with the dog down the road.

I think most people on here are sneering at this - you might not have a problem with people breeding IMO unethically but most do.

Well how would she cope if half of them came back - do you really think they are going to be homed responsibly because from what I can see they werent bred responsibly.

Dont think its got that much to do with the size of the litter more how they were bred - the size of the litter is just a bonus for this person its given them the publicity to help them sell them at a ridiculous price.

What breed? How can this be an attack on a breed?

And as long as people will pay for these or any mixes people will keep breeding them.
Agreed.xxzbxx
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
But they won't end up being sent back to the breeder, will they? They'll end up in rescue....
I agree, I can't see her being the kind of breeder that would require a return of her dogs if they can't keep them. IMO, the person that spends that money to purchase one is as much an idiot as she is asking that price. They say there is one born every minute and she is trying to take advantage of it.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
I agree... after getting hold of thursdays paper and reading it the mother doesnt look like an american bulldog!
She looks nothing like hades dad... who is a scotts standard am bulldog, I know there are other types ie Johnson bully type but she looks nothing like them either!
From what I saw she looks like none of the of ambulldogs type scott/jonhson/hinez or a hybrid of either!
She looks more like a staffy x to me.
I can absolutely 100% guarantee that the Dam is a crossbreed with little or no American Bulldog in her. I own a 'Hines' (Not Hienz) bred American Bulldog and I also own a Johnson type - she's neither. The Sire, I agree with someone else that posted on another forum, is more than likely a Bordeaux x AmBull looking closely at the photo's. I have no idea what the Dam like you say probably a crossbred Stafford of some type.
Which IMO is absolutely ridiculous considering the size of the Sire.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I can absolutely 100% guarantee that the Dam is a crossbreed with little or no American Bulldog in her. I own a 'Hines' (Not Hienz) bred American Bulldog and I also own a Johnson type - she's neither. The Sire, I agree with someone else that posted on another forum, is more than likely a Bordeaux x AmBull looking closely at the photo's. I have no idea what the Dam like you say probably a crossbred Stafford of some type.
Which IMO is absolutely ridiculous considering the size of the Sire.
Erm...I think we agree then?
Sorry if I spelt something wrong...but I think you know what I meant!
workinggsd
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2008, 10:34 AM
If these are pure bred dogs they are not good specimens, if they are cross bred animals why the hell would anyone want to spend 1k on a mongrel pup, when the rescues are full of pups needing homes, think the press has a lot to do with promoting this type of breeding, i havent read all the posts on this subject, have she got a seroget bitch to help feed these pups or is she hand rearing , could someone let me know plez
thanks Nellie x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by workinggsd View Post
If these are pure bred dogs they are not good specimens, if they are cross bred animals why the hell would anyone want to spend 1k on a mongrel pup, when the rescues are full of pups needing homes, think the press has a lot to do with promoting this type of breeding, i havent read all the posts on this subject, have she got a seroget bitch to help feed these pups or is she hand rearing , could someone let me know plez
thanks Nellie x
It doesn't say but severely doubt she has a surrogate. Hopefully she's putting some time in to help mum rear them.
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10