Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 10 of 30 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 11:25 PM
as an experiment to see if they could actually do anything about my facial deformity. All the things they did to me they hadn't done previously or not as drastically.
Becky
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 11:30 PM
You're very brave, Becky, to be able to talk so openly and with such frankness. Dogsey is pretty good for that, huh when you're among friends? Sorry to go Off Topic (slapped wrist!)
Skyespirit86
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I understand people breeding dogs to look beautiful. However I feel it should stop at the point that a dog begins to become unhealthy (such as with Bulldogs) or when mutilation is involved (i.e. tail docking and ear cropping.)

It is not done out of love for the breed or the dog. It is done for warped aesthetic pleasure. There is no reason why any breed of dog should not look right with their natural ears or tail. If it does then change the standard or the breeding, NOT the dog. If breeders prefer the look of upright ears then why not breed them that way?

In my opinion cropped ears look silly and unnatural. The outside of the ear has no hair, and look quite obviously like half of it has been 'sliced off,' which it has. They are also an unnatural shape.
How anyone can do that to precious little puppy and then strap it's head up into a stupid bandage thing is beyond me. The puppies are bemused and disinterested in the bizarre owner who is fussing over them. They are just playing and rolling around, and the sight of its sliced off ears and bandaged up head is just sick...
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 02:18 AM
^^^ I whole heartedly agree!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
as an experiment to see if they could actually do anything about my facial deformity. All the things they did to me they hadn't done previously or not as drastically.
Becky
Fact is in this instance your parents were doing something to try and change a deformity you had that could possibly effect you in later life(humans are effected by looks) the cropping of dogs ears is just a human thing the dog dosnt care one hoot on how it looks. how many dogs would say does my bum look big in this?

Mo
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I was actually referring to the pain aspect lol! I know how painful 'ear cropping' is!!
Becky
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I was actually referring to the pain aspect lol! I know how painful 'ear cropping' is!!
Becky
lol thats me rushing to read before going into work lol.

Mo
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm am pleased to see that the vast majority of Dogsey members dislike cropping and only a small handful have actually owned up to actually liking this.

I voted dislike.

I showed a picture of a cropped dog to Chille and this was his reaction.

After he had finished laughing, told him I had done his ears like that only he hadn't seen them in a mirror.

His response?

If a breed of dog was meant to have vulcan ears then they would have them, I like stick up ears on breeds that naturally have them, and I think BC look much better with stick ups than floppy ones, but would never put any dog through it as its a painful procedure, looks unnatural when surgically done, and is down right cruel.

I really cannot see the point as its so obvious its not natural, does nothing to enhance the appearance and has no apparent function in that it makes the dog better at being the type of dog it is.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 04:43 PM
When I was a kid and knew no better, I used to think US Dobes etc looked great but then when I got older and I realised they'd had them surgically altered I began to find them ridiculous looking.

I voted no as I believe it's an unneccessary procedure.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2008, 04:52 PM
its evil and cruel who gave man the right to just cut dogs ears cuz they like them better that way!!!!! cut the owners ears off see how they like it! i watch program about how they do it and they give the dogs ketamine i think and dont quote me on that,but when the PUPPYS were coming round after it they were howling and yelping the place down as they were tripping and (halosonating)wrong spelling i know and terrified its cruelty to animals thats what it is
Page 10 of 30 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »