View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Can I just ask those that breed and own the Irish/Olde Thyme- call it what you will-
why are they not being bred to their own standard and applying for UK registration in time to come?

(edited to say I know that Reg papers do not make the dog- Im just curious)
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 04:31 PM
i think because people would fear it would destroy the essence of the breed - the irish staff was created as a working dog, fox, badger, rats and of course matches against other dogs. The qualities he was bred for made him the dog he is.
I would always choose a dog bred for a purpose and not to a strict standard any day of the week, when you stop breeding for working ability and start breeding for looks, size, weight, and colour then thats when you start getting problems.
jayne
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 04:33 PM
hello all...at the min im enjoying reading theese posts... im not good at putting into words what i like to say on this topic...or any others lol...sh..it at typing so comes across all munmbo jumbo lol... couple ov ? id like to ask tho.... the word ATHLETIC...do you associate this word with TALL ? ........ irish staffords...i used to say wen ppl said this to me... ah...theres no such thing...just mongrels... un reg staffords ect....BUT....intime after reading various forums/posts ect i felt different about the name...are there many genuine irish sbt in uk ? have ppl ever got together and tried to register them as a recognized kc breed ?... as we know there are diff types of staffords each to there own oppinion on types they like... type i prefer is HEALTHY BALANCED TYPE... some one mentioned the breed standard... is there a one for an irish sbt..id be interested to see if its much diff to sbt standard...forums are an education just like reading books...so keep posting...and remember its just our own oppinions....just because you dont agree or get offended by someones post dosnt mean you should stop posting...others enjoy reading and learning from them....look forward to reading and learning more....jayne
www.geocities.com/jayneze/
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 04:39 PM
I am a great believer in reading between the lines and I think you have given away a lot of your motives in joining this debate when you said this :

"but its starting to go down a lets get the one who hates Laura road. "

Which leads me to wonder if you really do want to debate staffords, or if you have some other agenda?
If you do, I think it mught be best discussed in private and keep this thread civil
StaffordFan
Dogsey Junior

25-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
Its rude to ask a ladies age, but since you ask I am 30, so yes, a bit young to have been on the scene, but I did have the privelidge of meeting a couple of pitmen who were, and who matched dogs in those days, both "irish" type staffs and import APBTs,
I dont think you can substiute being there and seeing things for yourselves, but as im sure you well know Betcha, these circles are tight, they have to be! so just anyone cant barge into the world of dogfighting, you have to be coatia'd by the folks in the know so the rest of us mere mortals who hunger for knowledge of our breed
How can you say "I did have the privilege of meeting a couple of pitmen who were, and who matched dogs in those days, both "Irish" type staffs and import APBTs"

This is sick to think that you rank dogfighters like this "privilege"
It would be a privilege to meet Bob Geldoff for his out standing work, now that’s a privilege.
I for one am disassociating myself further from this debate or what ever you will call it at this point.
DO NOT give me the quote "this is the history of our blah..blah" the comments made by "CBT" have totally disgusted me. Remember you state you are only thirty, so this is not in the golden olden days when you say “I did have the privilege of meeting a couple of pitmen” To talk about how wonderfull these dogs looked

Shape up or shape out with these styles of conversations Plz.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Irish Staffy posts always go like this - on whatever board
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 04:47 PM

I think it is a privelidge to meet anyone who knows a lot about their chosen breed and who have dogs which are gleaming, muscular and fit to a t.

Like I said before, it may seem ironic that people who could fight their dogs (once again, incase you didnt read it before, something I dont approve of) would also care about them and take great pride in looking after them.

If you want to be disgusted or horrified or whatever by anything I have said then feel free, this is a controversial thread about a controversial breed which has a history based around dogfighting. Not the kind of place you are going to hear lots of frilly stuff really

I consider meeting people who have this knowledge and are willing to share it a privelidge and that doesnt have to mean that I support or condone anything that they did with their dogs, it just means I find it interesting to talk to people who have actually been there and experienced something which I have not and if that shocks you so much then you should go and find a tamer topic to comment on if you cant stand the heat get out the kitchen
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Ok guys I think you should all calm down. I as just an observer of this thread (trying to gain some knowledge) am finding it is getting a little personal and is actually veering away from the important information which I was hoping to learn.

As CBT suggested if you have personal gripes take it to PM or even off the board.

I as an impartial observer am getting the feeling this thread is being used as an underhand way of getting at certain people.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

25-01-2005, 04:50 PM
"Shape up or shape out with these styles of conversations Plz."

yes good advice there, please do, I have just made some honest observations about the breed and some of the people who used to keep this type of dog (used to - you know, past tense) if you cant handle that well thats a shame, Ive learned that by meeting people from all walks of life and listening to their experiences, you can learn a lot!
StaffordFan
Dogsey Junior

25-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
:smt039 (my final say on the matter ............ no I really mean it this time, I dont see this discussion going anywhere thats positive)
Before i do, ring a bell CBT
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »