View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2014, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=tawneywolf;2809421]Rose she WILL come to see you to tell you she is alright, and then you will finally relax and get some sleep.
It'll happen when you least expect it.

When we lost our first schnauzer i was half asleep one night when i felt a weight on the bed and my cheek being licked, there was also a strong smell of shampoo we used on her (pantene!) i opened my eyes and saw her float away, it was lovely - as Tawney said as if she had come to me as i was so upset to say goodbye.

It is just so heartbreaking, and we all feel for what you are going through x
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Thank you for sharing the lovely photo of beautiful Loki, she will be forever in your heart and forever in the minds of those of us that veiwed that lovely photo of a stunningly beautiful happy dog. Loki knows how much she means to you Rose. Remember how lucky you are for the ups and downs of the 8 years you shared.

Big hug x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
You've brought tears to my eyes you thinking you could hear Loki asking for a drink Rose. It's those little things we didn't even think about or imagine if we ever wondered how we'd feel if we lost them. I missed the loud snoring for years.

I am glad the messages have brought you comfort. I'm sure all on Dogsey think about you quite a lot this week.
Many thanks Tang. I find comfort reading all the lovely responses and this one from you is doing just that - comforting me. xx

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Rose she WILL come to see you to tell you she is alright, and then you will finally relax and get some sleep.
Lots of love

x
I hope she will, June. I am missing my lass so much. I know she has gone to a fit free place now but I feel the pain of her going. My flat is so empty, at least it feels that way and so quiet, except for Soochie's screeching from time to time. Even Soochie is missing Loki. Many thanks June xx

Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Morning Rose,
Haven't been through this myself but like all of us on here,at some point it'll be my turn The thought of it,breaks my heart,so I can only imagine how devastating it will be when it enviably happens.I have spoken to a lot of dog owners who have lost their best friends and a lot of them have stories to tell about signs and little things that happened after their lost.I think TW touched on this and I truly believe Loki will find her own special way of letting you know she's ok and she's looking after you Rose You both share an amazing bond,like no other,and nothing could ever break that.(( hugs))
Many thanks Lacey and I really hope Loki will visit me. Loki was a special lass, even after all the fits she took, she always gave me kisses. Thank you so much xx

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Last night must have been tough Rose. We are all thinking of you. xxx
It was, Linda, I didn't sleep just dozed and could swear I heard Loki scratch the washing machine to let me know she wanted her water, as she did. Many thanks Linda xx

Originally Posted by Beckyboodle View Post
Hi Rose,
Just wanted you to know I hold you in my thoughts.
It is indeed heart breaking to be parted from our beautiful dog but try to remember that 'this too will pass' and one day you will realise that you are beginning to heal as happy memories sustain you.
In over 40 years I have been in this situation 6 times and there are always little signs to let you know that they are doing fine and still watching over you.
BIG HUG .
Many thanks Becky and I appreciate your lovely message. I never had a dog before and Loki stole my heart when she came to me as a wee toty pup. I learnt a lot from her. I really hope Loki will visit me. Thank you once again xx

Originally Posted by shirls View Post
So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Loki xx
Thank you Shirls xx

[QUOTE=lorniec;2809474]
Rose she WILL come to see you to tell you she is alright, and then you will finally relax and get some sleep.

When we lost our first schnauzer i was half asleep one night when i felt a weight on the bed and my cheek being licked, there was also a strong smell of shampoo we used on her (pantene!) i opened my eyes and saw her float away, it was lovely - as Tawney said as if she had come to me as i was so upset to say goodbye.

It is just so heartbreaking, and we all feel for what you are going through x
Many thanks Lornie, that must have been so lovely for you to have your first schnauzer visit you. I am hoping Loki will come to visit me. I still can't believe I won't see my lovely lass again. Thank you once again xx

Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Thank you for sharing the lovely photo of beautiful Loki, she will be forever in your heart and forever in the minds of those of us that veiwed that lovely photo of a stunningly beautiful happy dog. Loki knows how much she means to you Rose. Remember how lucky you are for the ups and downs of the 8 years you shared.

Big hug x
Many thanks Bobble for your lovely message. I was blessed having Loki, a very special lass. I appreciate your comment very much indeed xx

Again, I want to thank you all for your lovely words and I appreciate each one. I know Loki will be wagging her lovely tail as well.

Thank you all xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2014, 07:43 PM
You are still in my thoughts. Loki will still be with you and I felt my last dogs presence for a good few weeks. I remember during those awful early days when my emotions were just so raw and tears so close feeling her lean against my legs. I bent my hand down without thinking to stroke her and momentarily I could feel her until reality hit home and I looked down and realised she wasn't there. My last little dog is still "with me" and I think of her all the time even after three and half years. Just thinking of her has brought tears to my eyes even now.

Loki will be in your heart and don't ever worry that you will forget anything about her .... believe me you won't!! My two 'new' dogs will never replace her and are so totally different but have filled a gaping hole that was there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2014, 08:04 PM
I've had to, over many many years, send both dogs and horses on their final journey, and to me it was the decent thing I could do for them when they had spent so many years being there for me when I was upset and needing love and consolation, they gave it to me. They gave me
unconditional love and loyalty. No one has ever been replaced in my love for them, just another one has come and been my rock for however many years has been allotted to them, and I know too, that in the next few years, one of the Norties, or even both of them, are going to leave me, hard to believe it when it was only yesterday they arrived to terrorise me, make me laugh and make me bloody annoyed.
So yes, that awful empty space they leave behind them will be filled, by their daughters as it happens, but THEY will still be in my heart and in my memories

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog.
As loyal and loving as mine.
To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes
And adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog,
Would have followed Him all through the day.
While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
And knelt in the garden to pray.
It is sad to remember that Christ went away.
To face death alone and apart.
With no tender dog following close behind,
To comfort its Master's Heart.
And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn,
How happy He would have been,
As His dog kissed His hand and barked it's delight,
For The One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine,
The old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone,
Knowing they're in eternity.
Day after day, the whole day through,
Wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, "Wait, I'm coming with you!"
And trotted along behind.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I had to come back here just to say I feel so bad for you, Brandykins. I'm glad I came back, actually because it would have been wrong to let my dislike of my current standing with this site interfere with this. You've always been great and kind and your dog was such a wonderful and beautiful majestic animal.

R.I.P. beautiful Loki and my heart goes out to you.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
You are still in my thoughts. Loki will still be with you and I felt my last dogs presence for a good few weeks. I remember during those awful early days when my emotions were just so raw and tears so close feeling her lean against my legs. I bent my hand down without thinking to stroke her and momentarily I could feel her until reality hit home and I looked down and realised she wasn't there. My last little dog is still "with me" and I think of her all the time even after three and half years. Just thinking of her has brought tears to my eyes even now.

Loki will be in your heart and don't ever worry that you will forget anything about her .... believe me you won't!! My two 'new' dogs will never replace her and are so totally different but have filled a gaping hole that was there.
Many thanks Jenny and thank you for sharing your last wee dog and that has brought me comfort that she is still with you. I just hope Loki will be here at the moment with me. I still can't stop crying. Many thanks again xx

I've had to, over many many years, send both dogs and horses on their final journey, and to me it was the decent thing I could do for them when they had spent so many years being there for me when I was upset and needing love and consolation, they gave it to me. They gave me
unconditional love and loyalty. No one has ever been replaced in my love for them, just another one has come and been my rock for however many years has been allotted to them, and I know too, that in the next few years, one of the Norties, or even both of them, are going to leave me, hard to believe it when it was only yesterday they arrived to terrorise me, make me laugh and make me bloody annoyed.
So yes, that awful empty space they leave behind them will be filled, by their daughters as it happens, but THEY will still be in my heart and in my memories

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog.
As loyal and loving as mine.
To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes
And adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog,
Would have followed Him all through the day.
While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
And knelt in the garden to pray.
It is sad to remember that Christ went away.
To face death alone and apart.
With no tender dog following close behind,
To comfort its Master's Heart.
And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn,
How happy He would have been,
As His dog kissed His hand and barked it's delight,
For The One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine,
The old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone,
Knowing they're in eternity.
Day after day, the whole day through,
Wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, "Wait, I'm coming with you!"
And trotted along behind.
Many many thanks June for all your support over the years Loki was with me, the advice you gave me and not those lovely words. I hope Loki will be trotting at my feet. One thing for sure, those dreaded fits will no longer be with her. Again, June, many thanks xx

Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I had to come back here just to say I feel so bad for you, Brandykins. I'm glad I came back, actually because it would have been wrong to let my dislike of my current standing with this site interfere with this. You've always been great and kind and your dog was such a wonderful and beautiful majestic animal.

R.I.P. beautiful Loki and my heart goes out to you.
Many thanks myfromga for your lovely words and I take comfort from them. I sincerely hope that you will come onto Dogsey and post up your lovely photos of both your lovely dogs. I do love seeing them, so please keep on posting them - for me at least. I will be on here a lot as I do love all the photos of everyone's dogs, they cheer me up. I am sure you will, you are one of Dogsey's faithful members. Hugs xx
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2014, 12:36 PM
I am heartbroken for you. The loss of a loved one can be so devastating. You both shared such a wonderful life together, I hope you still feel blessed to have shared that during your time of sorrow.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Rose ... I hope this will cheer you up just a little. When we lost my beloved Hal, he came back to visit me, I swear he did! He had a horrible and quite frankly disgusting habit of trying to goose me at every opportunity. After I had buried him in our garden, he came back, he truly did. I was stark naked, bending over the bath stirring it up to see how hot it was, when a cold and wet nose thrust itself right up where the sun don't shine and got in a quick lick as well!! (Sorry - I did say this was disgusting!!). Now when Hal was alive, he had to come everywhere with me ... the loo, the bath, everywhere, and I knew better than to bend over when I was naked. But on this occasion of course I felt myself to be completely safe!

I thought wrong ... and I have to say that never I was I more overjoyed to have my bottom liberally goosed and licked, because it was Hal telling me that he was OK!!

Now, I am sure Loki would NEVER have dreamed of doing anything so unladylike, I really do hope that she "returns" to let you know that she too is OK ... I just hope she and Hal have not chummed up and he has taught her some of his more revolting habits!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2014, 12:40 PM
My OH says I am completely bonkers, but I know you will understand and hopefully chuckle!
Page 10 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »