register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi Harvey, the situation is that he is taking over the chairmanship of the company, they have recently merged with a Saudi company and it is necessary the chairman is ou there, which was of course his uncle. Until this happened he was going in a totally different direction once the merger was signed and sealed. He is going on his own, he is single, and it isn't something he is exactly looking forward to, but this death has completely changed everything and everything he has written to me confirms what you have said to be honest, he has said he doesn't want to put Ash through the travelling and also they aren't welcoming to dogs, which you have confirmed.
It is a very big company, if I gave a link to the website you would be very surprised who I have been having dealings with, but I am trying my best to keep his anonymity as I have to respect that. You would be amazed where some of my dogs are, sometimes I would love to have a brag but their owners and families trust me with their details and I keep my own counsel.
I wouldn't have a problem letting you have a puppy if you ever wanted one, it is the people who have them that is important to me, and I try my best to place them with the right type of person. Sometimes, as in the case of Arctic Storm, I have failed miserably. I have had an email tonight (bearing in mind she assured me she was going to the rescue today to try and get him back and bring him back to the UK) instead she had to take her OH to the doctors, how convenient!!!! I feel very bitter over this, good job I no longer believe her and took advice from the rescue about his future!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 09:48 PM
For goodness sake, I go off to do my chores, answer a few emails then come back in here to find you are all heading off to bed I swear you are in cahoots and do it on purpose

Hope you all sleep well anyway, and fingers crossed for some good replies tomorrow TW.

Nighty night xxxxxxx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
For goodness sake, I go off to do my chores, answer a few emails then come back in here to find you are all heading off to bed I swear you are in cahoots and do it on purpose

Hope you all sleep well anyway, and fingers crossed for some good replies tomorrow TW.

Nighty night xxxxxxx
I know Sally I thought Friday night was party night on here
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Hi Harvey, the situation is that he is taking over the chairmanship of the company, they have recently merged with a Saudi company and it is necessary the chairman is ou there, which was of course his uncle. Until this happened he was going in a totally different direction once the merger was signed and sealed. He is going on his own, he is single, and it isn't something he is exactly looking forward to, but this death has completely changed everything and everything he has written to me confirms what you have said to be honest, he has said he doesn't want to put Ash through the travelling and also they aren't welcoming to dogs, which you have confirmed.
It is a very big company, if I gave a link to the website you would be very surprised who I have been having dealings with, but I am trying my best to keep his anonymity as I have to respect that. You would be amazed where some of my dogs are, sometimes I would love to have a brag but their owners and families trust me with their details and I keep my own counsel.
I wouldn't have a problem letting you have a puppy if you ever wanted one, it is the people who have them that is important to me, and I try my best to place them with the right type of person. Sometimes, as in the case of Arctic Storm, I have failed miserably. I have had an email tonight (bearing in mind she assured me she was going to the rescue today to try and get him back and bring him back to the UK) instead she had to take her OH to the doctors, how convenient!!!! I feel very bitter over this, good job I no longer believe her and took advice from the rescue about his future!!!
Oh thanks so much for that, yes you do need to keep some confidentiality especially regarding companies and I must say it makes more sense now that I know he is single, and merging with a Saudi firm, and thankfully he and you (and me) all think it's not a place to take Ash.

Yes incidents like that with Artic Storm really make you think about people, I have a pretty low opinion of many and don't trust anyone without a lot of checking and double checking and even then as you've found this women thought she could get away with dumping him and that you wouldn't find out. As you said, she must have been gobsmacked when you contacted her

I will keep your offer of a puppy in mind but as I said it's not possible at the moment and being just about the oldest 'old git' on Dogsey it may never be, but it would be nice if you were still on Dogsey in a year or two and we could talk again

ETA:-
Have to go now, good night everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Fabulous photos, there's 'nowt nicer than seeing youngsters and dogs getting along and a great future for them both.
Thank you Harvey.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post

Nighty night xxxxxxx
I'm not, I'm staying up for a little longer, trying to get through this pages of source...and answer an exercise question on it...not really getting very far though.

All organised for tomorrow, so long lie, don't have to be up till 8am! Fingers crossed the shoot goes on either late or finishes early, our local team Ross County are playing Celtic at home and the stadium is just up the road from the cadet training centre where we are shooting. I'm hoping to miss kick off on either side.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2013, 10:28 PM
I've just woken up! Took a long bath and then crawled into bed with muttley to catch up on kip once I knew my son was OK. And MISSED HIS CALL TO ME duh!

Sat here in fluffy robe with still damp hair wondering if Bella will just 'forget' her last pee break today!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2013, 10:28 PM
After Lona's last litter it will be a couple of years before I breed again as I want Mabs to have time to mature and I will not breed from her until she is over 3 years old, she is 13 months now, and I have her health tests to pay for as well.
Once Lona has had puppies then she will be spayed and her and Cariad will be retired and be able to sit and watch the world go by.
So the timeline is right if you are saying in a couple of years you will maybe look for a Norty
First and most important tasks are to find that Special Person for Ash and also to make sure Arctic Storm is safe and secure.
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10