View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Actually someone had already mentionned it - I didnt know where they were talking about until then.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by KathyM
My interest lies in what spurs a reputable and caring breeder into producing more dogs when they know there are too many dogs and too few homes. It's not a judgement, its a query. As I said, some of you have answered it. Most of have got the wrong end of the stick though
You are making moralistic accusations - what gives you the right to deny a person owning a breed they have wanted to for years and years? Because there are others without homes? in the Same sense the children/fostering argument comes in to play - would you ask why people still have children when so many are in foster homes?

To be honest Kathy and I am not sure if you are aware, but you are coming across as sanctimonious and it is a trait that generally doesn't go down well with anyone. You are doing a lot more damage to the rescue cause by alientating people who might otherwise be open to the idea, you are getting peoples backs up and making enemies by insinuating that people who breed are 'bad people' (see above quote in bold).

Maybe you are doing all this unwittingly, if so I suggest you take five mins to take a look at what you have said and evaluate just what you really need to do in order to help your cause.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:06 PM
and i gave you an answer about 30 posts ago ......and i have read your posts back but you asked and then didn't give me an answer no it wasn't hard was it.......i can't speak for all breeders but any pup from here will not contribute to any dogs in rescue ........
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Azz I'm sorry that I seem to have brought out a defensive streak in you. I have tried to post my question in as diplomatic a way as possible. I cant do anything more than that.

I dont deny anyone anything. I asked a question, and some of you have been kind enough to read it in the way it was meant and answer it.

I wont go into the argument that the only way to get a pedigree dog is through a breeder though, as that's a whole other topic
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by inca
and i gave you an answer about 30 posts ago ......and i have read your posts back but you asked and then didn't give me an answer no it wasn't hard was it.......i can't speak for all breeders but any pup from here will not contribute to any dogs in rescue ........
I answered each of your posts to me inca. I cant answer them within 30 seconds, I have 3 kids at home driving me up the wall (some of you might sympathise with that!).

I'm sure you feel you can guarantee your dogs, but taking on the whole sites dogs has to be a challenge! Refreshing to see such a positive attitude.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:11 PM
KathyM u will also find that most breeders will NOT breed unless
1) enough homes are found BEFORE a litter is even sired and

2) that they require another pup to carry on their breeding line

Most reputable breeders do not breed just for the sake of it.
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by staffy
KathyM u will also find that most breeders will NOT breed unless
1) enough homes are found BEFORE a litter is even sired and

2) that they require another pup to carry on their breeding line

Most reputable breeders do not breed just for the sake of it.
I know they dont, and thanks. Theoretically though (and again without judgement) isnt each pup that goes to a new home potentially taking up the place of a rescue dog? I know that tends to only work theoretically, as most people looking for a pup wouldnt even consider any rescue.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:14 PM
I understand you feel very much for the rescue work that you do ... and well done to you as well ...the trouble is someome started this thread then went and bad mouthed us to another site ..we are bound to be upset ..i was accused of having lots of momey cos i breed BIG LOL ..........the answers are there perhaps azz is right and you should take 5 to re read the posts it took me 30 posts later for an answer to a question you asked in the first place ..... I really mean it ..you find me a cavalier in rescue with all health tests and good comformation and i will fill up the car and be on my way to collect it right now
I think your question was a fair one but please listen when people try and reply
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Can we call it a day on this debate now?
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 02:19 PM
I also understand that you were already heated up from other posts before I joined in, but please dont assume that because I posed the question again that I came here to cause trouble, I most certainly did not. I did read each and every reply, but I cant speed read and there were others joining in inca

I suppose that having a breeding reject with terminal cancer makes me less likely to understand the need for a perfect specimen when I love 'em all regardless of "conformation".
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 32 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »