Female 

18-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks, I never remember these things!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2012, 08:06 PM
"He's a dog breeder"
Everything about that whole scene has really explained why there's such a problem with the bull breeds. Very sad.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Cannot rep you but good post. I am not sure whether the vast majority of those who watch such programmes do so to learn or to feel smug and marvel, a bit like watching Jeremy Vile?
Well I feel positively posh when I watch Jezza Kyle I have to say I wasn't going to watch this - but the other half wanted to and I actually enjoyed it. I do love world's strictest parents too, it's hilarious.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
"He's a dog breeder"
Everything about that whole scene has really explained why there's such a problem with the bull breeds. Very sad.
I disapprove of his breeding practices and refusing to keep his dog on a lead, but he seems like he has a good heart and a real genuine love of dogs and took a lot from the experience....

I enjoyed this weeks more than last week although nearly cried when he left King behind without getting adopted
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I disapprove of his breeding practices and refusing to keep his dog on a lead, but he seems like he has a good heart and a real genuine love of dogs and took a lot from the experience....

I enjoyed this weeks more than last week although nearly cried when he left King behind without getting adopted
He got adopted 2 weeks later though

I liked that his ideas had changed if ever so slightly..
I can't wait to see the training with the special ops dogs next week.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 09:28 PM
I enjoyed the programme again. Think both participants took something from it, so it seems anyway. Initially the guy that bred his dogs said he would increase home checks etc after the woman explained...but since he came home said that he hadn't bred his male on the follow up. He also liked the positive training. The girl seems to have put more effort into her dog since coming home but I'm a bit les convinced there tbh, though I could be wrong of course.
I thought the two woman from the shelter were really good with them too.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Does anybody know what was wrong with the poor old dog which had to be put to sleep? it looked in a sorry state, but i was just wondering if anybody caught what was actually wrong with it. I know it had a horrible coughing sound, - sort of like kennel cough, but had a terrible limp.

Interesting programme tonight, i really hope the guy does buck up his ideas and stop breeding his staffie dogs. We will see... Hopefully at the end of this series, they will do some type of catch up programme on all the people who took part say six months on. See how much progress each of them has made, and if they have ditched their old ways.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 10:10 PM
I think they said he had a heart condition
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
Does anybody know what was wrong with the poor old dog which had to be put to sleep? it looked in a sorry state, but i was just wondering if anybody caught what was actually wrong with it. I know it had a horrible coughing sound, - sort of like kennel cough, but had a terrible limp.

Interesting programme tonight, i really hope the guy does buck up his ideas and stop breeding his staffie dogs. We will see... Hopefully at the end of this series, they will do some type of catch up programme on all the people who took part say six months on. See how much progress each of them has made, and if they have ditched their old ways.
i think they said heart ... would figure
Page 10 of 43 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »