Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I don't vote
There was a time in Britain when this wouldn't have been an option at all for YOU to CHOOSE and it also wouldn't be possible for you to have a pet (or other) business, probably not to have tattoo's, piercings, wear what you wear today......so along with women being able to be treated more fairly and vote, also came a lot of other benefits that you do take advantage of.....

Point is that it is not illegal to challenge the law, if no one did then perhaps we would still be having public hangings and women as 'slaves' to 'their men' Having a tattoo on your forehead is not illegal either.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 05:21 PM
lmao, this thread is so funny
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Of course you can't make an assumption from a brief glance at a bus stop of how someone is going to get a job, they may already have a job, or not want one because they can't be bothered to work or not need one because they or their family are very wealthy so they don't need one.

But the reality is that people do judge, it shouldn't be that way but it is with the vast majority of people. Obviously having such a tattoo doesn't mean that a person is not capable of doing a range of jobs, but the reality is, would people necessarily chose such a person over others who didn't have a spliff leaf in the middle of their forehead?

As someone who has a couple of tattoos, that are not in the middle of my forehead, it would put me off giving someone a job, even though I don't have a problem with tattoos as such, how would my customers feel about it?

If I had advertised a job, had read through endless CVs and called three candidates in for a job, all similar experience and qualifications and essentially equal candidates, one turns up with no facial tattoos, one turns up with a smiley face facial tattoo and the third turns up with a spliff leaf in the middle of their head, my first preference would be for the no facial tatoos, the second would be the smiley face tattoo and the last choice would be the spliff leaf tattoo candidate.

It is not just that it is a prominent facial tattoo, it is the subject matter. I would imagine that the person was very partial to smoking spliffs if they had a tattoo of one. The odd spliff being smoked by an employee outside work would not bother me. The fact that they might be a complete pot head, frequently be stoned at work, not turn up to work because they were stoned, steal to fund their drug habit and eat everyone's lunches because they had the munchies would bother me. Obviously not everyone who smokes spliffs is like that, but it would be a consideration.

Many years ago I worked for a very odd man, who actually told my friend and I, at age 18 and 19, that we dressed in more modern styles, materials and colours than our 50 year old office manager (who borrowed Miss Marple's wardrobe) and he would like us to dress more like she did. It was a standing joke in our office. He really was that judgemental that the colour or style of someone's suit would influence whether or not they got the job. I could imagine him being absolutely gobsmacked faced with such a candidate and trying to pick the tattoo off to see if it was real or not You could say that you are better off not working for someone like that but the reality is that many people at the moment are staying in jobs that they dislike and applying for jobs that do not interest them, just because they need to be working.

Yes, he may have had the tattoo for a while and even regret it now. But, if it was done in this country he would have been 18 (unless it was done illegally). By the age of 18 most people would have the common sense to consider how such a statement may influence their future.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes the thread is quite amusing, in the sense that I can't believe how bothered some people are about what some random guy has tattooed on his forehead... well, actually I can, what's beyond me other conclusions some have come to because of it.

I used to use this stuff, and I don't have any symbols of it tattooed on me anywhere.

There are 101 reasons why he made that choice, however, without speaking to him, you cannot make an accurate assessment of his employment status or his attitude towards such.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Yes, he may have had the tattoo for a while and even regret it now. But, if it was done in this country he would have been 18 (unless it was done illegally). By the age of 18 most people would have the common sense to consider how such a statement may influence their future.
You said what most of us have been trying to say the whole time
Well done!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I've just read all through the 10 pages and all I can add to the stereotyping is - I wonder if he has a Staffy or a Pit Bull
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
I've just read all through the 10 pages and all I can add to the stereotyping is - I wonder if he has a Staffy or a Pit Bull
lol

I used to have a Bullmastiff....got stereotyped a lot cos I wear baggy jeans and hoodies!
Now people laugh cos I have the Chihuahuas!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Been off for a while, come back to check ss address and can't believe this thread has got so many pages , tbh I can't be bothered with it, waiting for a text which will say whether or not I've been exposed and handled multiple rabbits with vhd, and will then might have to worry more about whether I could of in return exposed Drew to it, and they may be rabbits, but having seen young and old rabbits go down, waiting to see what will happen to some more, and not knowing the future of twenty rabbits that I know, what I will hear next, and whether I could loose Drew because of I've brought something home, and because he's been ill and not utd on his vaccs because of it is stressfull, even though he may just be a rabbit, so like I said I cba with this right now, but I wanted to say, in life I've noticed the people who protest the most are the people who are the worst culprits, I'll say no more on this, coz its all swings and roundabouts now, and the subject matter may be different, but its the same pattern thats happened, again and again.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
lol

I used to have a Bullmastiff....got stereotyped a lot cos I wear baggy jeans and hoodies!
Now people laugh cos I have the Chihuahuas!
Hey they are well hard them 2, never mind a mastiff! They scared off a GSD
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10