View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Oh wonderful news. Mirk is such a star and I am sure we all feel we know him from your wonderful posts. You really should start writing a book about him - it is such a beautiful story. xxxx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 04:32 PM
That's really good news and lovely to read. You must have a very special bond and understanding. Think if anything makes Christmas (for me, and am sure others n most of all you), your sharing of all this is one of the things that does Very Best Wishes to all of you and hug for Mirk x
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread until today, but it's lovely to read of an older dog in need being rescued.

Enjoy your forever home Mirk.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
Great news here.

Mirk has had bloods and urine test and all organs appear 100% fine.

He does have a retained testicle which the vet would have liked to remove earlier in his life, but wouldn't want to operate on him at this stage, he simply isn't fit enough for that. He also has a number of warts and tumory looking things, but not attached to anything other than skin, so they can stay there and I will brush around them. There is some rough areas of skin but they are clearing - he has clearly been scratching a lot, but doesnt have flee's or worms.

He loved the vets and stood patiently as he was poked and prodded. He wagged his tail at everyone and managed to not pee up anything inside which is nearly a miracle. Its really strange when you handle him, despite him being terribly boney, there is a sort of "relaxed" feel to him, as he kind of melts into your touch. He really loves being handled. And he always wags his tail throughout. He really is a joy.

He still drinks loads, but we are thinking more in terms of habit, so I am now interrupting whilst he is drinking and taking him away from his bowl. He no longer returns to it, if you can destract him for a few seconds, which again, suggests habit, not need. He has also stopped banging his water bowl when he has emptied it. Which is good, as it makes you jump, especially when you are sleeping!

We have had two indoor wee's in 3 days. But we had a big breakthrough last night when he stayed at home alone whilst me and the others went to the training Xmas Party, and he DIDNT wee in his cage.

All in all I think he is doing really really well and it is clear that he has a great deal more strength and vitality in him, that was at first apparent. Good food, lots of it, re hydrated, warm and comfy and he is now a totally different dog. . But the best thing is totally apparent Happiness. He is delighted about so many different things... He loves touch, being groomed, He loves the vets, the receptonists and nurses, his new doggy friends, my friends, his beds, his dinners, his water, the hard floor, the soft floor, the snow, his walks and there seems a growing if slight attachement to Connor too.

We are all delighted Thank you for listening,
Wonderful to hear I'm so glad the lad is doing so well.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm so pleased at the results for Mirk and for you
Mirk will have his best christmas ever
Can't seem to read this story without crying .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Wonderful news about Mirk's vet visit.

I'm sure with you love and care he'll stick around as long as he possibly can.......

BTW, I'm pretty besotted with him too!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I have only just read this thread and I am so pleased for you and Mirk, you have found each other after all this time, and his old age is now going to be spent in a loving and careing home. What a wonderful story.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Fantastic news xx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 11:03 PM
He is a lovely old man, I do love oldies.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated, I can see him becoming a Dogsey favourite x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm so glad he's doing well Denise
Page 10 of 23 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »