Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Ok so how does a wooden spoon get a dog to walk to heel?

see one of the first posts in this thread.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
on the first page I said to try walking with a wooden spoon with something nice on it keeping it down by your knee while walking
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
on the first page I said to try walking with a wooden spoon with something nice on it keeping it down by your knee while walking

Wouldnt work for my Bruce! He would just eat the wooden spoon!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 07:52 PM
never thought of that one
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Wouldnt work for my Bruce! He would just eat the wooden spoon!

That made me laugh.
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't know Bruce hip scores but will get his papers out and check later. The breeder went on about hip scores and eye scores etc etc but I will be honest I wanted a dog as a pet, no interest in showing or breeding. I have always wanted a black Labrador for as long as I could remember. I fell in love with him the second I saw him and his brother. Even if his Scores had been high I probably would of still bought him!
Bruce won't have been hipscored - they can't be done until the dog is at least 12 months old (24 months in the US) - his parents would have been scored.

There is NO SUCH THING as Eye scores - they are current clear eye certificates.

It really dismays me to see comments like this - health tests are potentially MORE important for pet owners - and I can't understand why people would be happy to buy dogs with a higher risk of needing surgery, dying young because of joint problems, going blind by the time they are three because they want a pet rather than a show or working dog

It really is about time people learnt about these conditions and what can be done to prevent them by buying responsibly - by ignoring it - you are accepting the fact that you have an increased chance of buying a dog who could be affected in the ways I've described above.

Have a look at the Labrador Health website - dogs with over £20K of surgery behind them - dogs PTS before they are a year old because nothing can be done for them.

Those are things you would welcome?

Oh AND YOU CAN SEE WHO IS ONLINE I CHECK TO SEE IF A COUPLE OF MY PALS ARE ON.
How sad - Some people never log out or clear their cache's - with the joys of IE8 and updated FF - you can be in about 10 + sites at the same time and never go there
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by swarthy View Post
Bruce won't have been hipscored - they can't be done until the dog is at least 12 months old (24 months in the US) - his parents would have been scored.

There is NO SUCH THING as Eye scores - they are current clear eye certificates.

It really dismays me to see comments like this - health tests are potentially MORE important for pet owners - and I can't understand why people would be happy to buy dogs with a higher risk of needing surgery, dying young because of joint problems, going blind by the time they are three because they want a pet rather than a show or working dog

It really is about time people learnt about these conditions and what can be done to prevent them by buying responsibly - by ignoring it - you are accepting the fact that you have an increased chance of buying a dog who could be affected in the ways I've described above.

Have a look at the Labrador Health website - dogs with over £20K of surgery behind them - dogs PTS before they are a year old because nothing can be done for them.

Those are things you would welcome?
But surely every little puppy dog deserves the chance to be loved. Not disguarded because the poor little thing has or may have a defect.........
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Some posts have been removed subject to our Posting Guidelines. Please spend a few minutes to refresh your memory of them.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
But surely every little puppy dog deserves the chance to be loved. Not disguarded because the poor little thing has or may have a defect.........
This sort of thinking is what helps keep puppy farmers and back yard breeders in business.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
This sort of thinking is what helps keep puppy farmers and back yard breeders in business.
for goodness sake this pathetic.........

no more please.

can i ask for this thread to be closed.......................
Page 10 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >