Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
LOL - Ok so you call them poodle crosses on walks, but on forums their golden/labra - doodles just to annoy people. Oh I dont dig at the dogs, and have never had a dig at the owners - Have gave my opinions. Although would quite happily 'dig' if thats what you wish to call it that have false facts, and plan to breed such crosses
What are you doing now then explain ?
I can breed my dog's if i want to no law in that and i can charge what i like to
Same as what any dog breeder can.
Funny thing is i rather rescue than breed thanks all the same.
Most breeders do get something out of breeding and do make a bit of money too.
My friend breeds English Setters and shows at Crufts and she does alright out of breeding,money wise that is.
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
I think the annoyance comes about when they are said to be "true"

It is a made up name it isn't true and you must know that, you dont need me to tell you, its used as it is simple to explain and sell. They are cross-breeds, i think the annoyance comes when you pretend they're something they are not. Thats not me knocking the use of these terms, but they are crossbreeds at the end of the day and I dont believe they should be any more or less than a heinz or ped as long as bred responsibly.

I am proud to own and train a beardie cross, jack cross, and a cocker poodle cross.
Jackapoo and a Cockerpoo dont you mean
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
What are you doing now then explain ?
I can breed my dog's if i want to no law in that and i can charge what i like to
Same as what any dog breeder can.
Funny thing is i rather rescue than breed thanks all the same.
Most breeders do get something out of breeding and do make a bit of money too.
My friend breeds English Setters and shows at Crufts and she does alright out of breeding,money wise that is.
I am giving my opinion - show me where I have digged at someone over the dog they own?
Yes you can breed your dog, there is no law against it - but doesnt mean everyone has to agree with it, or find it morally or ethically right!
I am glad you would rather rescue - Not that I commented on that just said you DID plan to breed. ohh and for the record many a breeder also does resuce work
If everything goes well in a litter yes a breeder can make money - your point is? who mentioned selling puppies, or what a breeder makes?
Glad she does ok out of breeding, if she is a decent breeder doing everything right I couldnt careless.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I agree with what Laura said about there being so many dogs in rescues that perhaps no breeding should be done for a while.

Re designer breeds: I loathe the names given to some of them; I mean come on, how absurd are 'cockapoo' and 'yorkipoo' for goodness sake?!

My cousin has a 'Labradoodle'. She paid a hell of a lot for the puppy but didn't listen when I tried to persuade her to find out which health tests if any the breeder was doing.

Thus far the dog is fine but they have to have her coat cut every six weeks, which they didn't anticipate. She's also a bit bigger than they thought she'd become - and she pulls a lot on the lead, no doubt the Lab in her

She's a cute dog but in my humble opinion, far better to give a home to a dog in rescue who may not have a fancy name but is longing for a forever home and some love.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
I agree with what Laura said about there being so many dogs in rescues that perhaps no breeding should be done for a while.
How is that fair on the many decent breeders out there that breed responsibly, and pups are likely NEVER going to affect the rescue situation?
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Jackapoo and a Cockerpoo dont you mean
No why did you assume she was a jack poodle cross? And why did you assume the beardie was not? Funny how trends must have swayed your opinion there.

Nah shes a good old rescue, not a clue what shes crossed with. JRT chihuahua cross we think possibly. Maybe fell terrier, maybe heinz, we say JRT cross as its the only part im sure of.

And my dogs, Ill call them what I like, I prefer owning crossbreeds so I make it clear I own crosses. I would never pretend them to be true as it is a false representation of my dogs. Im proud of them being crosses. You can use the shorten terms if you like of course but personally i wouldnt lie to yourself and your dogs saying they are true
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
How is that fair on the many decent breeders out there that breed responsibly, and pups are likely NEVER going to affect the rescue situation?
its not about the humans... its about the dogs
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
its not about the humans... its about the dogs
Yes - but if people want a puppy then why shouldnt they get a puppy, not everyone wants a rescue. why punish the decent breeders who are producing nice puppies, who go to fab life long homes which the breeder would take back if needed, because rescues are ful of dogs from irresponsible breeders. That doesnt need to happen we just need to stop all people going to unethical breeders, me included
BYB will always find away to produce puppies and make cash, if its not dogs it will only be cats, rabbits and god knows what else.
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2011, 11:09 PM
To be honest call them whatever you like,my dogs are all well cared for and very happy.
Would not change any of them for the world.
You all love your dogs and i love mine.
My mate who breeds English Setters always says to me if she could bred a dog with a temperment like Elmo she would be very happy.
Now how nice is that coming from a woman who does ok at Crufts and is a great breeder
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 11:12 PM
To be honest call them whatever you like,my dogs are all well cared for and very happy.
Would not change any of them for the world.
You all love your dogs and i love mine.
My mate who breeds English Setters always says to me if she could bred a dog with a temperment like Elmo she would be very happy.
Now how nice is that coming from a woman who does ok at Crufts and is a great breeder
A good compliment for you indeed - although would be concerned that she didnt like her dogs tempermants and wanted her pups to have tempermants to match that of another breed/cross.
Page 10 of 28 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »