Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Emma
it is honey, but it is wearing her out more i think

they will arrive when they are ready, typical Staffies .............laid back
mmm.. me thinks you could be in for a busy night tonight Em so try to get forty winks today. Look on the bright side at least it is cool today and they say it will be over the weekend. Giving birth when it is hot is hell and it must be worse for dogs having a whole litter. I thing lots of puppies are born at night but by no means all..I wonder if it is something to do with the natural cycle of life, diurnal animals (us included) have an internal clock and the body slows down at night and the temperature drops a little, I understand that is why people often die at night. I wonder if it is the same with birth? Still Emma, there is nothing to beat standing barefoot on dew soaked grass as the sun comes up with a cup of tea in your hand and the sound of puppies coming from your house
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

02-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi Mini

That is an interesting thought, I always thought they tended to give birth at night because it is quieter, although one of my girls started at 8.30 in the morning.
Meg
Supervisor

02-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dozeydanes
Hi Mini

That is an interesting thought, I always thought they tended to give birth at night because it is quieter, although one of my girls started at 8.30 in the morning.
Shhhhh...DD think Emma is having a quick nap.
( Whispers) Whatever the time I never cease to be moved and amazed by the wonder of it all
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

02-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Well Danes look like little guinea pigs when they are born and when I look at my year old pups I am amazed how such little things can grow so big.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Oh puppies where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2004, 03:21 PM
not in any rush
Meg
Supervisor

02-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dozeydanes
Well Danes look like little guinea pigs when they are born and when I look at my year old pups I am amazed how such little things can grow so big.
Funny you should say that DD Have never seen dane pups but I was pondering on the wonders of nature the other day and was thinking how clever..as I understand it most puppies whatever the breed are approx the same size at birth so that when a bitch gets mated to a dog of the wrong breed she has a chance of producing the puppies
Are Danes sort of light coloured and downey then at birth? Never seen baby G Pigs either but imagined them to be hairless like little mice
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Minihaha
Shhhhh...DD think Emma is having a quick nap.
( Whispers) Whatever the time I never cease to be moved and amazed by the wonder of it all

no naps ............. i was nesting...............well one of us has too
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

02-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Mini I meant Danes look like adult smooth coated gp and baby gp are born with fur and up and running the minute they hit the deck. I will look for some new born Danes photos, if I can find the photo box ??
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

02-07-2004, 04:07 PM

Mini this is a 3 weeks old Dane from last years litter
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >