Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dardar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by MIKEY B View Post
Must admit i did smile at sarsasm from Mr Dardar Such an open mind !!! I didna say my my Victorian bull dogs are like springer spaniels just that the idea behind the breed is to create a fitter healthier Bulldog than Kc standard as is/was !! . Both my dogs come from a natural self tieing matings (diff dam/sire) and neither bitch had C section birth younger dog came from litter of 11 , unfortunately 2 were lost due to breach but 9 survivors !! The older one is excercised between 1 1/2 and 3 hours a day the younger one obviously less at moment due to age (off lead ) depending on how much i time have . Tell me Mr Dadar !!! is trying to go backwards not a step FORWARDS !!!:Shock /Horror!!! shock: If ye really feel that strongly about it you should get off your high horse out ya glass house and buy a mongrel they are healthier after all !!! that way you are way beyond reproach !! Its not what ya said mate Just ya smug sarcasm !! LOL Mikey
sorry mikey b, i have a healthy american bulldog myself which im not refering to, neither am i refering to the victorian bulldog, i should have been clearer in my post, im talking about the KC reg BRITISH BULLDOG which was what the debate started with,and as you said yourself, your dogs are well able to exercise and are from self whelping mothers so you must agree with me, i dont mean to be sarcastic, i just say it the way i see it, ps. im glad i was able to make you smile, cause at the end of the day thats what its all about, im on your side. and theirs a smug smiley face for ye. ha ha.
dardar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Just as well because the whole raison d'etre for the Victorian Bulldog validates Dardar's argument.
thanks buddy, common sense is always welcome.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by dardar View Post
sorry mikey b, i have a healthy american bulldog myself which im not refering to, neither am i refering to the victorian bulldog, i should have been clearer in my post, im talking about the KC reg BRITISH BULLDOG which was what the debate started with,and as you said yourself, your dogs are well able to exercise and are from self whelping mothers so you must agree with me, i dont mean to be sarcastic, i just say it the way i see it, ps. im glad i was able to make you smile, cause at the end of the day thats what its all about, im on your side. and theirs a smug smiley face for ye. ha ha.
No such breed as a British Bulldog???????????

There is KC reconised " Bulldog" though!!!
dardar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

sorry jackbox, so you know what im talking about now! but you could'nt work out what type of bulldog i was talking about earlier.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by dardar View Post
sorry jackbox, so you know what im talking about now! but you could'nt work out what type of bulldog i was talking about earlier.
Yes, got what you were on about earlier too,

But as an expert on the Bulldog, I would assume you new the correct name for the breed!!!
kinzy123
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Interesting thread my interests lie mostly in the bulldog, but i will say GSD structure today is ridiculous
Pug do i need say anything?
SBT to me has 2 factions at moment, one for a less structural able dog and the other longer legged variety similar in construction to years ago...
Will leave my bulldog comments to later as there are some decent points made and some ridiculous ones to be honest,what i will say is:
Of course the bulldogs over 140 years ago were fitter more functional(they had a purpose) fit for function ring any bells.
Some bulldog lines do self tie but still a small % in big scheme of things, even more so on self whelping,i personally blame breeders for this though as a lot dont even give the bitch a chance and there booked in to be C-sectioned,funny way of showing your love for your dog.
On the breathing issue have seen arguments back and forth,nostrils are not everything,the big problem bulldogs have is there small trachea size....
over and out
kinzy123
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 10:00 PM

LMAO and you sound serious!!!!
kinzy123
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 10:01 PM
KC Bulldog=English Bulldog=British Bulldog FACT
dardar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes, got what you were on about earlier too,

But as an expert on the Bulldog, I would assume you new the correct name for the breed!!!
now now! who's being sarcastic now. where in any of my post's have i said i was an expert on bulldogs? i can only give my opinion's on personal experience's i've had with bulldogs that friends of mine have had, and your right i should,nt lump all bulldogs together, its just that the 7 bulldogs that 4 of my friends (between them) all had health problems, none of them could be mated natural and none of them could whelp without a c-section, thats all im saying, i must have just come across 4 very unlucky owners.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by kinzy123 View Post
LMAO and you sound serious!!!!
Originally Posted by kinzy123 View Post
KC Bulldog=English Bulldog=British Bulldog FACT
Care to look up the breed standard set down with the Kennel Club.. there is no English = British , registered with the KC.. yes some may call them English = British, but officially they are "Bulldogs"

So maybe the KC have it wrong too

No true breeder will call the Bulldog anythign other than a Bulldog, its like calling the Irish Setter , a Red Setter..say that to any true enthuthiast, and you will be corrected to the correct terminology soon enough
Page 10 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »