View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
kammi the tip about water is good, I may start keeping bottled water by my bed, usually read etc there so I can sip away at that, save me going for juice, coffee's etc or feeling like snacking, plus its there in the morning.

Sarah, sounds like I am not the only one confused lol
So far I have been around the 1600-1800 mark I think but I am down as having 2000 a day (thats taking in my eating back what I have burned though) but I feel thats a bit high for me to eat and still lose weight, I think I will stay that way this week and see what happens come "weigh day Monday" and re-evaluate if I need to.

Edit; Something is going right though as I defo feel less bloated and I even think I can see it in my face, I realise it cant be much if any weight loss already so it must be the effect of dropping the junk for the last few days, all good IMO!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Edit; Something is going right though as I defo feel less bloated and I even think I can see it in my face, I realise it cant be much if any weight loss already so it must be the effect of dropping the junk for the last few days, all good IMO!
Depending how much you have to lose you can see quite a big weight loss the first week. One guy at weight watchers lost 18lbs after his first week. He was really big though. Sadly I'm one of those people whose body seems to go "WTF ARE YOU DOING TO ME????" and I'm lucky to lose a pound the first week
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't see any difference in me tbh, but I also feel a bit better! Lost 3lb the first week and this week.... we shall find out on friday

My main worry is when I hit the "plateau" that I can keep motivated enough to get to the size I want!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
No-I gave up as statistically 98% of dieters regain the weight they have lost and more. Why put yourself through all that stress and deprivation when you may not be one of the 2%?

I am "traditional build" as Mme Ramotswe calls it and I do exercise a lot so am not a coach potato.
The weight only goes back on if the diet isn't one that you are happy to live with. The key is to ensure the diet contains food that you like. It's not as hard as it sounds. Simply substituting fatty foods with a lower fat option is a taste you soon get used to.

I thought my downfall would be chocolate - love the stuff - so I included a chocolate mousse as dessert after my main meal in the evening. It keeps any cravings at bay. Similarly with crisps. Have a bag a day, but have the lower fat option.

My weight can vary by as much as 6 pounds from morning to evening so it's important when looking at how much you've lost to weigh at the same time of day each time. Although it's discouraged, I weighed myself every day. These days, I tend to hop on the scales every couple of weeks just to make sure the weight isn't creeping on.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Can someone help me? I am a bit stuck!

I had jury duty today and was called so had to stay all day, I wasn't feeling very well this morning so only had a tiny bit of breakfast, lunch was soup they gave us, and then tea was soup again as mum had made it, and then a large bowl of jelly, but the way it worked out today I have only eaten 600 calories... so what do I do?

Shall I eat more now so there is time to burn some back off before bed or what?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 06:05 PM
If you've only eaten 600 calories you certainly don't need to burn any off! You just need to eat more really. If it's a one off that your calories are that low I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, it's when it's a regular thing it becomes a problem. Although if I have huge amounts of calories left I tend to treat myself to something I can't normally fit in
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Well I am still a little hungry, and it is a one off to be this low, but some days I am quite often 100-200 calories under the 1200 and am aware I really need to be trying to stick to the 1200 mark. I may have something else, but won't be getting up to 1200 today haha
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 06:16 PM
My nephew-in-law went on one of those very-low calorie diets and lost stones. He went from obese to slim in a few months . I saw him in the street and wouldn't have recognised him if my niece hadn't been with him!

He has now regained all the weight so not the best way to do things.

I don't honestly know anyone who has lost weight and kept it off to be honest which is probably why I am cynical though I agree that making changes to what you eat and switching to healthier options is a good idea.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 06:26 PM
That isn't what I am doing though, it's just hard trying to get spot on calorie wise and have been under as well as over, just today has been a messed up day so am a lot under
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
It's not very nice to come to a thread about people who are trying to lose weight and basically tell us it's pointless because we'll probably pile the weight back on again.
Page 10 of 29 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »