Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Just to doublecheck, 8.30 start at Boxhill & Westhumble station, right? OH openly admitted that he'll bail out and stay at home Casper-sitting if it rains though he may have a valid excuse as Casper's learnt to wriggle out of his current harness and I've got a new, supposedly escape-proof one on order, if it doesn't arrive by Saturday then I won't risk him wriggling out and causing havock

Yes, we'll be there. If anyone who's coming would like my mobile number in case of traffic/cancelled trains/alarm clock failure let me know and I'll PM it to you. The weather is officially going to be cr@p but do we care? The Surrey numptys will all stay at home and we can have Boxhill to ourselves!!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
The weather is officially going to be cr@p but do we care? The Surrey numptys will all stay at home and we can have Boxhill to ourselves!!
I'm actually looking forward to winter for this reason. Dark nights not helpful but the cold and rain mean the fair weather dog walkers, who are generally the idiots with out of control dogs because they only get walked when the weather is good!, disappear meaning quieter and calmer walks.

Rain might be good. No doggies will overheat and hopefully the trains will be emptier on the way home if people decide to stay home in the dry

According to the BBC the heavy rain shouldn't start until around 1pm by which time we'll be finished or possibly in the pub. Now how's that for timing
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I have just had a thought....

.... if the weather is likely to be foul tomorrow, I am going to park in the carpark of The Stepping Stones pub and walk the 200 yards to the station. This means that my boys can get straight into the car and have a snooze, and it reduces the number of wet dogs we have to take into the pub. If anyone else wants to do this I have checked with the pub and they are happy provided we park in the morning at the far end, furthest away from the road. You have to pass the pub when you pull off the A24 before you get to the station, for any satellite navigators the post code is RH5 6BS.

The pub are fine with us taking dogs in as they have a special section with a hard floor, but 2 less might reduce the wet doggy pong....a bit. I will come armed with towels for anyone who feels the need.

See you tomorrow!!
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Well after reading a few posts I realised that I didn't actually own any wellies, so decided to quickly pop to shoe zone and grab a pair the OH managed to get a nice 'normal' green pair

I had to get the only pair in my size

I HATE PINK

Yes the wellies are pink so I'm the one in the gross Pink wellies with the cutest puppy LOL
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Enjoy you walk! We were over Box Hill with ours yesterday - thankfully it was good weather then (well cloudy and overcast, but I class that as good dog walking weather as it was cool ).
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ang3l View Post
Well after reading a few posts I realised that I didn't actually own any wellies, so decided to quickly pop to shoe zone and grab a pair the OH managed to get a nice 'normal' green pair

I had to get the only pair in my size

I HATE PINK

Yes the wellies are pink so I'm the one in the gross Pink wellies with the cutest puppy LOL
I'm the one with the oak leaves!!

Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Much nicer than the awful things I'll be in
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2010, 06:43 PM
At least you have wellies! I need to buy some. I'll be in the sexy Doc Martins that I "borrowed" from my staff uniform at London Zoo
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2010, 06:46 PM
All I have down here is a muckle pair of walking boots so I'll be the one with soggy socks (it's ok, I always bring a spare pair! ) See you all tomorrow!!!

S x
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry to be the let down guys i have been looking forward to it for weeks, i'm gonna hear at seven in morning if i have to take the on call phone for work tomorrow and if i do will have to stay local as we have to be there for emergencies
Fingers crossed i wont and i'll be in the car for seven on my way to you xx

Moons mum i was really looking forward to talking to you about our boys so hopefully still can!

If you have a great time can we do weekly/monthly group walks?? i was so excited xxx
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >