View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
the mouths are one of the main reasons breeders rehome "potential" show dogs. Normally seems to be 6-8 months.

The breeders where i purchased jess from is lovely, seems to adore his dogs and they are all very well cared for. But he has just informed me that jess had a brother that he kept for the ring, but unfortunately he rehomed him as one testicle didn't drop. Again this happens quite frequently. Not sure how i feel about that, as there is such a love for his dogs but not enough to keep this one now he will not become a show dog.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
the mouths are one of the main reasons breeders rehome "potential" show dogs. Normally seems to be 6-8 months.

The breeders where i purchased jess from is lovely, seems to adore his dogs and they are all very well cared for. But he has just informed me that jess had a brother that he kept for the ring, but unfortunately he rehomed him as one testicle didn't drop. Again this happens quite frequently. Not sure how i feel about that, as there is such a love for his dogs but not enough to keep this one now he will not become a show dog.
When Bradley first had problems with his testicles and then it became apparent that he would need to be castrated I lost count of the number of people who said they could find a home for him as I could no longer show him Some of these people had known me for years and should know that I could never give a dog up just because of a fault, I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. He has been shown anyway, but that wasn't why I kept him, I did that because I love him regardless
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Some people just havent got any patience
and therein lies the problem. Everyone wants instant wins and in todays throw away society this sadly includes dogs. They are so much more than that.
Becky
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post

Hmmm...your post has given me a bit of food for thought.

I have my name down for a pup from a very reputable breeder (who has had a fair bit of success in the ring) and I'd be interested to know what his policy is on rehoming dogs with faults (in terms of showing) or older dogs that are past breeding age. Having said that, I know he has about 6 dogs currently but only shows 3 of them so I'm guessing he keeps them regardless

I'd like to have a go at showing my next pup and the breeder knows I'd therefore like a pup with 'show potential'. However, if he turns out to be a donkey, then he'll be MY donkey...for life :smt002
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10