Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
Just to clear a few things up, my bitch mated yesterday morning i didnt no she was on heat as when ever i am at my parents the male never leaves my bitch alone so i just guessed it was the same this time around, they mated and got tyed for about 5 to 10 minutes. TODAY i noticed blood on my wood flooring and i add up the dates and counted the months and realised she is on heat. I have not had any tests done on my bitch and the male hasnt either, i do want my bitch to have pups but i wasnt planning on it happening NOW because i dont have experience on dog breeding ect. And as for claireanddaisy i wasnt calling you names tyvm your replys were unfair
Thank you for clearing up about the health testing...even more reason to have the pregnancy terminated and, if you decide to go down that route, your bitch speyed to prevent an accident happening in the future. It is hard enough to find good homs for pups, you will find it harder if they aren't from health tested, sound parents

If you want your bitch to have pups in the future then you should have her hip scored and any other tests that are called for in the breed. If she passes them with flying colours, is KC registered then you can look for a suitably bred, health tested stud dog and do it all properly...you will find that far more rewarding than the situation you are in now.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 03:11 PM
to be honest, I think your going to bash on and have this litter regardless of whats said,

so on that count, Im off, best of luck, your gona need it.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Which is why most responsible breeders stay up all night with the litter, also it's not just the first litter it can be any litter they can sit on.
My husband and I take it in turns and the pups are not left alone with mum untul there mobile.....something else to consider.
(Tried to quote the post on bitches sitting on there first litter for reason wouldnt let me sorry......hope that makes more sense)
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 10:35 PM

Just to clear a few things up, my bitch mated yesterday morning i didnt no she was on heat as when ever i am at my parents the male never leaves my bitch alone so i just guessed it was the same this time around, they mated and got tyed for about 5 to 10 minutes. TODAY i noticed blood on my wood flooring and i add up the dates and counted the months and realised she is on heat. I have not had any tests done on my bitch and the male hasnt either, i do want my bitch to have pups but i wasnt planning on it happening NOW because i dont have experience on dog breeding ect. And as for claireanddaisy i wasnt calling you names tyvm your replys were unfair
Bullmastiffs can be notorious for having ''silent/dry'' seasons

I think you were planning it, sorry to say it why take her down there in the first place if you weren't ?

Also you say this upon opening the thread :-

hi everyone im new to the site, i mated my dog yesterday and they got tyed, my bitch is on heat! Does this mean she is certainly going to get pregnant? ty gemma
You want to know if your dog is pregnant...Yes, very possibly..

You know very little going by your posts so I would say the time is not right for you to have a litter right now, even the basic knowledge isn't there.

If you continue with the ''pregnancy'' you could be putting your bitch in grave danger that's even without thinking about the puppies she may be having. If you are serious about letting her have a litter, then let her have one after you have fully researched the breed, her lines, had all healthtests done and found her a compatible ''mate'' just because your mum has a Bullmastiff does not mean it is the right match for your dog.

Also, regarding no health tests if you do breed from dogs who have not been health tested and sell puppies without warning prospective owners that that they haven't
you could be taken to court by the puppy buyers and sued under "The Sale of Goods Act" if their puppy turns out to be affected by any of the conditions prone to Bullmastiffs.

I would think there isn't much of a market for unhealth tested Bullmastiffs you could struggle to sell the litter and quite possibly end up with all of them in your home and they are all your responsibility for the rest of their days - my advice is don't do it, don't take the risk for the sake of your girl and any trouble you possibly could get into for breeding from un-health tested dogs (and I don't mean either of them having the once over from the vet - it don't work that way), it isn't worth the risk.

Thats the best advice I can give you.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I had welsh for 10 years before I even considered even buying a bitch and mating her. I spent years researching peds and health implications and then I took the advise of two of my closest friends in the breed who between them have over 40 years of experience.
Sorry but thats what good breeders do, were not saying don't breed we're saying don't breed now until all the health tests are done and you've researched your pedigree. It could even be that your mum's dad is too close or from incompatible lines.
And with that I think I've said all there is to say on the subject as well.
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 11:57 PM
You have had some brilliant advice here, you have also been given a way forward, should you want to breed your Bitch "properly"

Right now, you can put a stop to all of this.

I think, that you have the mistaken (or maybe not) assumption that you will make a little money out of this to buy a sofa or something. Well, if your dog sails through her pregnancy and whelping, and if you feed them all kibble, don't bother with the health testing (sorry you already have not bothered with the health testing). Sell to anyone stupid enough to buy a puppy without said testing, not to worry there are loads of people out there who want a breeding bitch or a stud. So you have your market.

Never mind, maybe cure the phantom pregnancy. (rather than spaying)!!

No more posts from me on this thread. Just makes me realise why we have so many rescues, so many poor dogs pts. sad
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I posted a thread yesterday wanting help really as my bitch mated on sunday with my mums bullmastiff, i didnt no she was on heat they got tyed for about 5 minutes. I am not a breeder and only have slight knowledge on breeding. I have rang the vet and they told me she can have a injection upto 2 weeks after the mating happened, i dont no the cost of this?? My bitch is still bleeding i have noticed a few spots of light redish blood, even still today. For the past few weeks her nipples and underneath changed colour they went dark brown colour but today ive noticed them turning pink from the bottom the tips are still brown. I no there could be a possible pregnancy here but do not no for sure and will not no untill a few weeks so the vet can confirm it, but before i let it get that far i am thinking of getting this injection for her to stop the pregnancy.
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:43 AM
can i just say i didnt want this to happen now and i went to visit my parents thats why the 2 dogs were together, i have not thought about the money at all and havent thought oooo 1 put could buy me a new sofa, that is unfair. I am concerned about my bitch and that is why i have asked for help, i didnt expect to get a lecture off everyone although everything that has been said is very good advise, pro breeders do not like people like me to breed there dogs its as simple as that. my bitch and the male are superb looking dogs and have a very good temperment!
gemsoph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I posted a thread yesterday wanting help really as my bitch mated on sunday with my mums bullmastiff, i didnt no she was on heat they got tyed for about 5 minutes. I am not a breeder and only have slight knowledge on breeding. I have rang the vet and they told me she can have a injection upto 2 weeks after the mating happened, i dont no the cost of this?? My bitch is still bleeding i have noticed a few spots of light redish blood, even still today. For the past few weeks her nipples and underneath changed colour they went dark brown colour but today ive noticed them turning pink from the bottom the tips are still brown. I no there could be a possible pregnancy here but do not no for sure and will not no untill a few weeks so the vet can confirm it, but before i let it get that far i am thinking of getting this injection for her to stop the pregnancy.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:50 AM
behave, if only it were that easy to predict pergnancy, I have already said, if the dog mated her, its 99% likely shes pregnant. NIPPLES will not tell you a thing at this stage,

do some reading on the matter, you were given good advice yesterday, BUY THE BOOK OF THE BITCH.

its most likey the heat {as in its bloody warm out there} thats made them look more pink
Page 10 of 24 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »