Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 05:59 AM

Thursday 23rd May 2024

Morning all. Do you know if it wasn't for having to look at a calendar I wouldn't have a clue what date it was? Only because of doing a day/ date for Tesco or putting the date on the heading of dogsey would I know for certain. Do any of you have to check what day/date it is? Or do you automatically know? Lynn I feel for you and your car problems. When I had a car the garage people I went to were always amazing. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 07:21 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

I remember what day of the week it is because of taking and picking the girls up but as for the date the is a different matter. Enjoy your walk today

Lynn I feel sorry for all the car troubles you seem to have encountered. Hopefully something can be resolved with the car and the next one will be fault free.

Up early this morning as I misread the time by an hour Teazle walked and chicken cooked ready to make wraps for lunch. Only have to pick the girls up today so I think may wander into the garden for a bit shortly. Yes Kazz the dreaded lock out happened a couple of times yesterday so gave uo trying.

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2024, 07:34 AM
morn all

I thought it might be an idea to check on holiday flight times and see at the moment we fly from Gatwick at 12.00 am, so no early getting up at some unearthly hour.

I never had tried wraps until recently, ie a few months ago. Sue makes them really tasty but so filling I can only manage 2 at one sitting.

Just got another box of A4 paper with 5 packets can't remember when I ordered the last lot, a good few years ago at he kennels I think.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 08:35 AM
Lynn, things may have changed!
https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/i...ur%20agreement.
It doesn't seem right that you get stuck paying off a faulty car.
Brenda, half the time, I don't know the day or date, it just depends on if I have an appointment coming up as to whether I actually keep the day or date in my head.
Barry, get a crimpit wrap maker....I am obsessed with them!! Pop them in the air fryer, best thing ever
Sue, been busy again!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2024, 09:54 AM
Morning brenda, Sue, Barry, griff and all to follow.
An overcast and windy day here much like our mood minus the wind.
Gorden is now washing the car and got all the paperwork together to go down to the garage we bought it from and see if they will come up with some help.
Not holding our breath. If not putting it up for sale and advertising it has a a problem with the 4x4. Regardless of that it drives fine.
We no longer need it due to not having the caravan any longer.
We are both thinking we will lose money if we have to take that route.

The only positive way I can look at things is we are not at war, we have food on the table as do the children and we have health although I must say our mine in particular mental health isn't always so good after all the problems lately.

brenda we also have to look at the calendar most days to check the day.
Sue enjoy your time in the garden.
Barry good morning.
griff thank you for the link I took a look at that earlier. It seems a bit hit and miss.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 10:02 AM
Lynn, is there a local group to you that you could just call and talk to someone? I know with Steve that the little things end up becoming a big thing, I wouldn't like for you to get very down.
Spoken to himself this morning and his legs are swelling again, dad seems better today, off to the drs later so have taken my water tablets
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2024, 10:22 AM
I never talked to anyone when I suffered badly with depression so no need now but thank you.
I kept a journal when I was severely depressed sometimes I would let Gorden read it other times not, it did help by writing things down getting things off my chest.
This isn't what I call depression as I have been there and done that but it is being fed up, angry and not in control and mostly being very very annoyed

It will sort itself one way or the other and I will again move on as I do.

Good luck at the Dr's.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 11:49 AM
Apparently dad isn't better, I was told he was so began using the upstairs toilet.....back to trekking downstairs again! His workmate called him asking what was up so he said food poisoning....the bloke turned round and asked if he would be in tomorrow so he could have the day off!!! Dad said no, I think that's naughty calling someone who is off sick trying to get them to go into work
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2024, 11:58 AM
Not friendly at all griff. Food poisoning is nasty.

Well Gorden is back with no help practically as we expected.
He was helpful inasmuch as he even looked up a 2nd hand transfer box from ebay for £250 and take it to their garage down the road and they would sort it through the warranty.

1. Not sure a warranty firm would be happy with a 2nd part as a claim.
2. We are not 100% sure that is what it is it would have to be diagnosed first and come in over the amount we can claim.
3. We could only take the warranty out for £1000 due to car being a 2008 reg.
When Gorden rang Paul to update he said bad idea buying a 2nd hand part and as far as he is aware a warranty company would not be happy with a garage fitting a 2nd hand part.

Next step speak to the finance people if no luck there we pay it off and advertise it for sale and be honest that there is a 4x4 issue.

It does sound like the transfer box. If the fuse is removed so the car doesn't have to switch into 4x4 it drives fine. If you use 4x4 on it's own by pushing the button for 4x4 it works perfectly well.
It just plays up when the car thinks you might need the 4x4 function then it clonks and jerks.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 01:02 PM
Might as well ask the finanace.company Lynn, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >