Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2012, 11:25 AM
'morning Lynn and all
Very cold here today, looks like snow could be on it's way, I would like a few more days to get things in the garden and the barn sorted before it does arrive.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He said the lady behind the desk shouts at him hat, hat, hat before he opens the door to remind him to put it on.
Yes that's so very important when the air temperatures are -10C or lower, I've just started wearing mine and I will be using it every time I go out now until Spring arrives This is something where local people really know what to do and you ignore their warnings at your peril.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Nice sunny day here and is dry, so will be getting Lona and Mabs out for a walk later on, Cariad will no doubt trash the kitchen whilst I am out. I bought a new sweeping brush yesterday, but it will be kept out of her way whilst she is in a strop. Babies are growing so fast now, I have put a board up at the front of the crate because little (big) Humpty is climbing out of the box I put them in whilst I change the bedding and is off round the kitchen, so there will be a mass exodus of the crate when I am not there if I am not careful.
Their eyes will be open any day now, and that is when the Trouble starts (why am I laughing )
Not seen the news or heard it this morning, but saw Tony Blair on last night, and really he was just voicing platitudes and nothing constructive came out, so nothing's changed has it really!! Glad to hear you are both OK Malka, please take care of yourselves.
So glad they found the problem with Kyiro's foot and it is now on the way to complete recovery and Kyiro is peeing normally.
Off to the library after dog walks and firewood run to load more piccies and will put the Fix up then.
Lucky, had a disturbing phone call last night, NC is back in circulation, with a new name. Will be doing a new thread about it, have put it up on Stop Press on our Breed Forum, it is pretty bad news, she has a degree in Canine Nutrition apparently and is working with dogs again as an holistic therapist. Pity she never learnt how to clean or feed her own dogs, oh yes and she has a Utonagan she is going to breed
Helena, can't believe you fell over that poor girl of yours, how careless of you not to provide a bed for her in the Exact Place she needed it, also going to the loo when She Needed Her Sleep
These breakfast choices get weirder by the day, yeah I bet they cope with snow loads better than we do, this country is hopeless, you'd think no one had ever seen snow before, tell him to Wear His Hat (is it one of those furry ones with ear muffs)
I suppose it was a matter of time.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, 'Hope Turner' lives in Kettering
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning all - just sticking my head round the door to let everyone know that Pereg and I are OK before I rush across to the macolet for some bread.

We had a fairly quiet night but the Color Red Alert sirens started howling at maybe 7.30am and it has been noisy with sirens and/or the dull booms of the Iron Dome going off since then.

I will be back later.
Stay safe you are in our thoughts xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Just a quickie to say that if there was a ceasefire I nothing has stopped and the sirens are howling as I type. Count, 1, 2, 3, etc waiting for a thud... and b-r-e-a-t-h-e.

What happened was that Egypt's PM Hisham Qandil was in Gaza for three hours, during which time he talked to Palestinian politicians and visited a hospital. The IDF had agreed to stop firing during his visit, but only if Hamas militants also stopped their rocket attacks, but missiles and rockets continued to be fired so more air strikes were launched.

So for now the sirens and explosions are still ongoing, and Pereg is still outside completely unfazed! Bless her

Anyone have any idea how much I love that girl of mine?
Oh bless her heart for staying calm whilst all around well I dread to think from having watched the news. Cease fire my a*se! I hope to God you stay safe in your home and everyone else too.

One thing I do know is, the Israelies sure know how to protect themselves, so don't mess with them, their arsenol is to be greatly feared, I can't believe why this Hammas lot keep aggravating them Wouldn't it just be better to leave them well alone? I Remember that prophecy that WW3 would start in the middle east (what was his name ??) , and the picture of the man strongly resembles your head of state whatever his name is.

What's it all about grandma It's not religeon this time, it's more about that Ghaza (sp?) strip isn't it. Are they kind of squatting on it then, these Hamas people, and it really belongs to Israel, or do they want half of Israel as well as that strip? When you have a moment, I do like to know things

Dave's done the insulation under the van, and when I went to pick him up with Zena after we'd had our 2nd walk, the state he came out from underneath there was dreadful, I told him to strip off a bit (not too much ) before he thought about getting in our dogmobile

I did all the leaves again up at the van when Dave first started, then I left him to it, went to Mr S for a couple of bits (must dye my hair, so I needed hair dye), came home, threw a chicken and some roasties in the oven, hoovered the house, and walked Zena again.

Chris, lovely way to remember your dear dog there!

Afternoon to all who have joined since I last visited, I'm off for a power nap, see ya later then
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Enjoy your nap H. I am about ready for one but have to do the school run and part with MORE money before I leave the gates .

Still, the children are going to their Grandparents after school so I might have an early self-indulgent glass from the magic bottle when I get back. If nobody's hidden it, that is.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Malka - stay safe my friend.

Helena - the only time I tripped over a sleeping dog (my precious Sam, bless him) was over 5 years ago and I still get pain from it. I broke my ankle, but it's the lasting damage to the tendon (which I'm sure happened when they tried to set the damned thing) that gives me grief. Also get twinges from the plate/pins when it's bad, but whenever the pain comes I'm reminded of my precious lad who's now waiting at the bridge

Hope Kyro is on the mend this morning.

Gorden sounds to be having a real adventure out there, Lynn

Son's dreaded new mattress will be delivered some time today. Get ready for the new saga boys and girls

Dull and overcast here, but it's dry so not too bad.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe
Afternoon Chris.
Dull and overcast here too.

I hope the delivery of the mattress has gone ok if it is delivered yet that is.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members a cold and grey one unfortunately.

I have a busy day today, ironing to do, son coming for lunch and a spot of babysitting later.

Another week gone, time seems to go faster and faster when one gets older .

Malka stay safe ..

Have an enjoyable day everyone..
Afternoon Mini.
Seems it is cold and grey in a lot of places today.
I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Just a quickie to say that if there was a ceasefire I nothing has stopped and the sirens are howling as I type. Count, 1, 2, 3, etc waiting for a thud... and b-r-e-a-t-h-e.

What happened was that Egypt's PM Hisham Qandil was in Gaza for three hours, during which time he talked to Palestinian politicians and visited a hospital. The IDF had agreed to stop firing during his visit, but only if Hamas militants also stopped their rocket attacks, but missiles and rockets continued to be fired so more air strikes were launched.

So for now the sirens and explosions are still ongoing, and Pereg is still outside completely unfazed! Bless her

Anyone have any idea how much I love that girl of mine?
Hello again Malka it does sound very frightening out there I really have everything crossed it stops soon.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hi everyone

Amazing breakfast choices, Lynn. It's fascinating to hear about how other people eat. I hope you enjoy your day - a spot of pampering perhaps?

I hope you have a good day with Tom, Sal.

I'm so glad to hear about Kyiro, Bev. I hope your day is stress-free.

Great to see you Malka. I hope things will calm down soon - Tony Blair was on the news last night giving his 'calm' message as the envoy. I'm not sure he said much of any substance to be honest. Keep safe and give Pereg a hug for us.
xxx

Argh schools! So much money is going to them at the moment for various things - school photos and Christmas Fayre related stuff, not to mention clubs. (Broke icon ).
Afternoon Linda.
It was bad enough when our boys were small all the money for different things I hate to think what it must cost now.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Nice sunny day here and is dry, so will be getting Lona and Mabs out for a walk later on, Cariad will no doubt trash the kitchen whilst I am out. I bought a new sweeping brush yesterday, but it will be kept out of her way whilst she is in a strop. Babies are growing so fast now, I have put a board up at the front of the crate because little (big) Humpty is climbing out of the box I put them in whilst I change the bedding and is off round the kitchen, so there will be a mass exodus of the crate when I am not there if I am not careful.
Their eyes will be open any day now, and that is when the Trouble starts (why am I laughing )
Not seen the news or heard it this morning, but saw Tony Blair on last night, and really he was just voicing platitudes and nothing constructive came out, so nothing's changed has it really!! Glad to hear you are both OK Malka, please take care of yourselves.
So glad they found the problem with Kyiro's foot and it is now on the way to complete recovery and Kyiro is peeing normally.
Off to the library after dog walks and firewood run to load more piccies and will put the Fix up then.
Lucky, had a disturbing phone call last night, NC is back in circulation, with a new name. Will be doing a new thread about it, have put it up on Stop Press on our Breed Forum, it is pretty bad news, she has a degree in Canine Nutrition apparently and is working with dogs again as an holistic therapist. Pity she never learnt how to clean or feed her own dogs, oh yes and she has a Utonagan she is going to breed
Helena, can't believe you fell over that poor girl of yours, how careless of you not to provide a bed for her in the Exact Place she needed it, also going to the loo when She Needed Her Sleep
These breakfast choices get weirder by the day, yeah I bet they cope with snow loads better than we do, this country is hopeless, you'd think no one had ever seen snow before, tell him to Wear His Hat (is it one of those furry ones with ear muffs)
Afternoon June.
I hope you enjoy your walk with LOna and Mabs and hope Cariad doesn't strop too much while you are out with them.
A good ida to hide the new broom I think.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Lynn and all
Very cold here today, looks like snow could be on it's way, I would like a few more days to get things in the garden and the barn sorted before it does arrive.

Yes that's so very important when the air temperatures are -10C or lower, I've just started wearing mine and I will be using it every time I go out now until Spring arrives This is something where local people really know what to do and you ignore their warnings at your peril.
Afternoon Harvey.

Never any fear of Grden going without his hat he is ready to pop it on when we go for walks in the UK and it is sometimes only September.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone.
Gorden and I had arranged to skype at 12pm our time 6pm his time the connection seems best then. So I rushed around did the shopping got home logged on and 2 hours later he turns up.
He was off line and no emails either even though I was emailing him. You can imagine I was thinking all sorts.
Silly man declined the taxi and decided to walk back to the hotel and got lost.
He was freezing cold and hungry well it was his own fault.
The conversation was a bit strained as you can imagine.
We will try again tomorrow.
He will be back in th UK on the 27th November.

I hope everyone elses day is going well.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Silly man declined the taxi and decided to walk back to the hotel and got lost.
Must be a man thing then Lynn 'cos I did that once in Tripoli, trouble is I noticed a man following me, he wasn't intent on violence, quite the opposite in fact, keept calling out suggestions on what we could 'do together' scarred me half to death and I ran the last half mile back to the hotel, I was fairly young and naive in those days
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Must be a man thing then Lynn 'cos I did that once in Tripoli, trouble is I noticed a man following me, he wasn't intent on violence, quite the opposite in fact, keept calling out suggestions on what we could 'do together' scarred me half to death and I ran the last half mile back to the hotel, I was fairly young and naive in those days

Oohhh Harvey. The worst that happend to Gorden was he got his shoes wet and he was cold serves him right lets hope his work shoes dry out tomorrow if not he is going to have damp feet.

Linda I have just opened a bottle of red care to partake anyone sorry no fire though.
S*d the time after the worry I have been through earlier I need it and Michael is away now till tomorrow night or Sunday so just me and Dillon and the internet and tele. Wine and chocolate
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2012, 03:54 PM
The mattress was delivered at lunchtime and the bed is now made up and ready to sleep in so it's fingers crossed that he likes it.

Unfortunately, he had a fit last night and his face is grazed around his nose so that might interfere on the comfort front, but, hopefully, the mattress itself will be fine.

Fingers and everything else crossed. I really don't want to face another mattress saga.
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »